PDA

View Full Version : Who installed Wagners??

PALETTE
January 27th, 2011, 21:22
Just wanted to ask as i have a Question. :hey:
Have you lost the Fog lights? Or do they get mounted now behind the grill? Any pics would help. I seen the ones on the Wagner site but not overly crazy about the image/look

marklar182
January 27th, 2011, 21:58
I have seen it both ways, some ditch the fogs and install the Wagner grills for the additional flow, some keep the fogs and stock grills.

Holiday
January 27th, 2011, 23:07
Pictures of Wagner's without fog lights (from a distance) would be much appreciated.. (err...right Palette? ;))

marklar182
January 27th, 2011, 23:26
Here are some Sportec pics (Wagner grills are pretty much a copy);

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/attachments/performance-series-audi-models/52821d1281868921-rs6-full-load-bomb-my-rs600-l1000103.jpg

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/attachments/performance-series-audi-models/52716d1281723542-new-forum-member-not-enough-rs6s-here-2790151284_9c397bdef0_o.jpg

Beastly
January 27th, 2011, 23:37
for me ditching them was the clear thing to do: adding additional IC capacity and opening up the air flow go hand in hand. Frankly if one did not I would question the value. I have not missed the fog lights. As far as looks its more aggressive IMHO.

Elevens
January 28th, 2011, 01:07
I ain't loosing mine. Can't see how removing the fogs would Improve the air flow by that much as to warrant removing them. Besides I use mine as Running lights. I like to be seen when I'm coming up hard from behind.....

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/vintron/Coilover%20Install/P1010056.jpg

JRS-RS6
January 28th, 2011, 02:44
I agree with Elevens -- Fogs are still in place and I am happy with the car that way.

speedtrapped
January 28th, 2011, 03:38
Corey, I have to take a snap shot for ya. I removed my fog's last week when the Wagner grills came in. The fog light actually take's up the fat side of the cooler. Carsten of Wagner was pretty insistent about proper performance, them again he could of just been selling me.

PALETTE
January 28th, 2011, 05:01
Great!!!! What to do, what to do!! I like useing the Fogs for a daytime running light but if it foing to cut down more then 15-20 % flow then I will just delete them. I do know I am going to black out the front grill and might black out the headlight housings (that's still a maybe)

bfly
January 28th, 2011, 14:19
I ain't loosing mine. Can't see how removing the fogs would Improve the air flow by that much as to warrant removing them. Besides I use mine as Running lights. I like to be seen when I'm coming up hard from behind.....

How did you rewire your fogs to be DTRL?

SAFE4NOW
January 28th, 2011, 14:23
I figured since we were gaining 15-20% by installing them, why block 15-20% by having light installed that I personally do not need... Here are some pictures per your request:

PALETTE
January 28th, 2011, 14:57

Mine came that way. But dont quote me on this , i think i saw something in the Vagcom software that there is an option for it.

marklar182
January 28th, 2011, 15:22
Mine came that way. But dont quote me on this , i think i saw something in the Vagcom software that there is an option for it.

I forget, is your car an original US car or Canada?

I have tried multiple Vagcom settings for DRL's or fogs on with parking lights with no success. If anyone can throw us a bone it would be appreciated!

PALETTE
January 28th, 2011, 15:26
I forget, is your car an original US car or Canada?

I have tried multiple Vagcom settings for DRL's or fogs on with parking lights with no success. If anyone can throw us a bone it would be appreciated!

Mine is an original Canadian car. I have no idea how the Vagcom works with that feature.

Elevens
January 28th, 2011, 16:26

The Audiworld forums have a complete DIY for foglight rewire. Just do a search there. It enables you to run your fogs with the parking lights only, and not need the headlights on. Its a very simple mod, and requires that you purchase a couple of fused wire taps. DRL's in my opinion are a definite safety plus and I never travel with them off. People just tend to move out of the way when they see me approach.........

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/vintron/Coilover%20Install/P1010052.jpg

yokust
January 28th, 2011, 17:53
I ditched my fogs, because honestly I think they are ugly on these cars.

Car looks way more aggressive without, and matches the rest of front end better IMO

skribe
January 28th, 2011, 18:42
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL586/3639999/7495676/391005274.jpg

There's always this... usually not a fan of "updating" a classic, but this doesn't bug me too much. These can be trimmed to be much slimmer than this guy's. For the record that's a 2.7t with an RS 6 style bumper.

PALETTE
January 28th, 2011, 18:55
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL586/3639999/7495676/391005274.jpg

There's always this... usually not a fan of "updating" a classic, but this doesn't bug me too much. These can be trimmed to be much slimmer than this guy's. For the record that's a 2.7t with an RS 6 style bumper.

what light strip is that??
this isnt to bad of a look

PALETTE
January 28th, 2011, 18:59
or just behind the grill10867

marklar182
January 28th, 2011, 19:10
Ewwww.......

I would go all or none.

ben916
January 28th, 2011, 19:16
Mine is an original Canadian car. I have no idea how the Vagcom works with that feature.

er, IIRC, you stated, after a call to AoA, that your VIN was a direct import from EU not 1 of the 90 designated US cars that were changed to Canadian Regs for safety???

Sounds like there needs to be a guinea pig on flow rate and temps with/without fogs on I/C (Wagners or leaky junky stock).
Or is it a math problem or thermal dynamics computation?

O/T: More Taxi videos!!!!

PALETTE
January 28th, 2011, 19:23
er, IIRC, you stated, after a call to AoA, that your VIN was a direct import from EU not 1 of the 90 designated US cars that were changed to Canadian Regs for safety???

Sounds like there needs to be a guinea pig on flow rate and temps with/without fogs on I/C (Wagners or leaky junky stock).
Or is it a math problem or thermal dynamics computation?

O/T: More Taxi videos!!!!

Correct in saying that. I was told that the car was 1 of 90 cars that was directly imported in to Canada and did not land on American soil at all, So the Vin/car is a European import.

I would be willing to flow test after i am done my install.

yokust
January 28th, 2011, 20:12
what light strip is that??
this isnt to bad of a look

That is the new S6 led strip
http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/S6_Led/ES10034/

PALETTE
January 28th, 2011, 20:22
WOW not a cheap item!!!

marklar182
January 28th, 2011, 20:41
The Audiworld forums have a complete DIY for foglight rewire. Just do a search there. It enables you to run your fogs with the parking lights only, and not need the headlights on. Its a very simple mod, and requires that you purchase a couple of fused wire taps. DRL's in my opinion are a definite safety plus and I never travel with them off. People just tend to move out of the way when they see me approach.........

This procedure? http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec43.shtml

Holiday
January 28th, 2011, 21:14
I ditched my fogs, because honestly I think they are ugly on these cars.

Car looks way more aggressive without, and matches the rest of front end better IMO

I agree whole heartedly after seeing Safe4Now's Imola pics. Typically, I'm an advocate for keeping the OEM look of a classic car like the RS6, but in this case- the fogs REALLY are butt ugly IMO. A complete after-thought. Not to mention the visible, sun bleached plastic moulding that houses them. This thread has finally motivated me to replace my current I/C's with Wagners; maybe even before they fail...

Here's my take- if the Wagner I/C's increase airflow, delete the poly-plastic, and clean-up the front fascia (think RS 3 Sport-back on RS6.com front page) it's a worthy purchase. If you want day-time running lights because they're safer, just turn on your headlights during the day!

Thanks for the great pics Safe4Now!!

eurotunedrs6
January 28th, 2011, 21:29
I went without the fogs on my RS6. It's a little more aggresive that way and I never used the fogs on my car anyways. My biggest concern was blocking airflow, regardless of how much of a difference it made. Just didn't make sense to me.

Regarding the S6 LED strip, I dont see how you could add that to the rs6 bumper. The bumper support looked like its in the way pretty good and would need to be cut and teh headlights washers might have been in the way. I really wanted to add thsoe to my RS6, but when I had the bumper off while doing the wagners it looked like way to much of a hassle for a little change in appearance. you could just add them to the IC opening in the bumper, but the way it's pictured flushly mounted in the picture looks way better. I personally wouldnt add them if i couldnt get it to look the same.

PALETTE
January 28th, 2011, 21:35
I went without the fogs on my RS6. It's a little more aggresive that way and I never used the fogs on my car anyways. My biggest concern was blocking airflow, regardless of how much of a difference it made. Just didn't make sense to me.

Regarding the S6 LED strip, I dont see how you could add that to the rs6 bumper. The bumper support looked like its in the way pretty good and would need to be cut and teh headlights washers might have been in the way. I really wanted to add thsoe to my RS6, but when I had the bumper off while doing the wagners it looked like way to much of a hassle for a little change in appearance. you could just add them to the IC opening in the bumper, but the way it's pictured flushly mounted in the picture looks way better. I personally wouldnt add them if i couldnt get it to look the same.

BACK UP!!! What headlight washers??? We have those on these cars??? I'm telling you i need a class on this car!

ben916
January 28th, 2011, 21:40
WOW not a cheap item!!!

Who loves ya, baby?!
http://www.tmtuning.com/HOME/catalog/product_detail.php?default_product=2450

The TM Tuning one is for the C5
The ECS one is for the C6

yokust
January 28th, 2011, 22:03
The TM one though is a copy, the ECS are the OEM real deal, and always look better then the cheap copies.

ECS sells the cheap copy ones from inPro as well. But again they look cheap

yokust
January 28th, 2011, 22:04

And NO you do not have to modify the headlight washers to add the LED strip at all.

They go no further in then the stock grille inserts

eurotunedrs6
January 28th, 2011, 23:04
Yokust, I guess where i am thiking of placing them is different than yours. Ill have to play with photo shop, or at least attempt too, to see what i would do. I think the LEDs would look better in the section right above the grill, in the sort of indented part of the bumper. But again, I would need to p-shop it first. There was a local b6 s4 guy that added them in a similar spot and it looked amazing.

Elevens
January 29th, 2011, 01:11
I agree whole heartedly after seeing Safe4Now's Imola pics. Typically, I'm an advocate for keeping the OEM look of a classic car like the RS6, but in this case- the fogs REALLY are butt ugly IMO. A complete after-thought. Not to mention the visible, sun bleached plastic moulding that houses them. This thread has finally motivated me to replace my current I/C's with Wagners; maybe even before they fail...

Here's my take- if the Wagner I/C's increase airflow, delete the poly-plastic, and clean-up the front fascia (think RS 3 Sport-back on RS6.com front page) it's a worthy purchase. If you want day-time running lights because they're safer, just turn on your headlights during the day!

Thanks for the great pics Safe4Now!!

To me removing the Fogs actually detracts from the beauty of the car. Looks too bland down below. And I still find it very hard to believe that you would find any significant improvement in performance by removing the Fogs from the air stream. As for the DRL's their there so you don't have to use you headlights for the added safety. And maybe improve the longevity of those expensive HID's. I guess everyone see's it differently, and this is just my perspective..............

yokust
January 29th, 2011, 01:28
Yokust, I guess where i am thiking of placing them is different than yours. Ill have to play with photo shop, or at least attempt too, to see what i would do. I think the LEDs would look better in the section right above the grill, in the sort of indented part of the bumper. But again, I would need to p-shop it first. There was a local b6 s4 guy that added them in a similar spot and it looked amazing.

I see what you are meaning then

But still the intended location is in the grille area, even on the new S6's that these come stock with. They are not molded into the bumper or anything. I think grafting them in would look to OUT of place

http://www.rs6.com/images/misc/pencil.png

hahnmgh63
January 29th, 2011, 01:55
1087010869Not a close up pic but this was covered before. http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21303-Has-anyone-done-the-LED-Driving-lights-to-the-C5-like-in-the-new-Audis?highlight=S6+LED+bumper

marklar182
January 29th, 2011, 03:52
Looks wrong IMHO. I like them on the current generation though.

V8weight
January 29th, 2011, 04:30
I'm still holding out for the Evolution Racewerks intercoolers, but they've been listed as "coming soon" for quite a while now.

marklar182
January 29th, 2011, 15:11
I just talked to them yesterday. Here is their response;

"The 4.2TT DSMIC upgrade kit has already gone past R&D and is
finalized. We're currently doing beta testing at the moment and the item
should be releasing sometime in spring after we feel we've done enough
testing.

No official price set yet though it will be similar in price with
our DSMIC kit for the 2.7TT. It utilizes the same core used on the 2.7TT
kits. High density bar and plate core. 10"x8"x4.5" each core. That's 360
cubic inches per core or 720 cubic inches for both."

Brav
January 31st, 2011, 20:32
I'm still holding out for the Evolution Racewerks intercoolers, but they've been listed as "coming soon" for quite a while now.

I believe I saw a set of prototypes @ Raven MS. had the ER logo on it. They were MASSIVE!