PDA

View Full Version : 1st US RS6 Meet - NE Fall Foliage - Sunday, October 5th!

Finnus
September 27th, 2003, 17:04
First US RS6 Meet - Sunday, October 5th – NE Fall Foliage
EVERYONE is Welcome!

We've been talking to for the last 6 months (or more). Here’s our chance to meet, socialize and share our enthusiasm for the new Audi RS6 and all performance cars. As far as I know, this is the first RS6 meet in the US.

This drive through Western New England is spectacular. We’ll pass through the Berkshires and the Green Mountains. If we’re lucky it will be peak foliage season. I took the drive last Sunday. It's a beautiful route and the trees were just starting to turn.

Everyone is welcome, whether you're an RS6, VAG or any performance car owner/enthusiast. I hope we'll have some M3s & M5s, perhaps some S55 and E55 AMGs, Porsches and a Viper or two. I also think it would be great to have some S4s - hopefully the 2003s will have arrived!

Meet at about 10:30 AM just off of exit 2 on I-90, the Mass Pike (Lee/Pitttsfield/Rt. 20 exit), leave about 11:30 or so. This will give us some initial time to socialize and those coming from farther away some leeway.

We’ll drive up Route 7 through Western MA and VT to Stratton Mt. It's 110 miles, so I'm estimating a 2-2 1/2 hour drive. We should be at Stratton about 2 or 2:30 PM, so if anyone wants to just meet us there, that's fine.

We can "caravan" to VT - caravan used loosely since it will be hard to all stay together, especially going through Pittsfield and Bennington, and everyone can drive at their own pace.

Lunch at Mulligans at Stratton Village, Stratton Mountain, VT. The gondola is open, there's a skate park (unsupervised) for kids, there's a full service day spa and some boutique jewelry and sports shops in Stratton "Village".

I figure we'll all go our separate ways late afternoon/early evening. Stratton is only 30 miles from Brattleboro, VT and I-91, so it should be easy for the Boston/Eastern Mass/Eastern New England crew to get home (about 2 ¾ hours to Boston). I'll have some suggested routes to get back to NY/NJ.

Stratton is 17 miles West of Manchester, VT - outlet heaven (hell to Vermonters). So, if you need to appease a spouse, the fall foliage, spa, boutique shops and outlets should do it. There are also outlets right off of exit 2 in Lee, MA.

Equinox Mountain, the tallest in South Western VT, is about 10 miles South of Manchester. You can drive to the top, although I don't think I would be willing to subject my RS6 breaks to the abuse coming down (I don't think they were designed for that kind of continuous breaking). I drove it yesterday in my S4 and it was a pretty steep descent.

I’m looking forward to meeting everyone!!!
:cheers:

Finnus
:addict: :addict: :addict:

Finnus
September 27th, 2003, 17:10
First US RS6 Meet - Sunday, October 5th – NE Fall Foliage
Details

Date: Sunday, October 5th

Time: Meet 10:30, Depart Approximately 11:30

Place: Exit 2 Lee/Pittsfield Rt. 20 off of the Mass Pike (I-90)
As you pass through the exit, stay left.
At the stop sign, turn left.
Almost immediately on your right is the Lee Travel Plaza, an abandoned truck stop where we’ll meet.

Destination: Stratton Mountain, Vermont

Route: We’ll take Route 102 West into Stockbridge, MA and
pick up Route 7 North.
We’ll travel through Pittsfield, MA and
Bennington, VT.
In Manchester Center, take Exit 4.
Turn Right onto Rt. 11/30
Continue about 7 miles until Rt. 30 splits to Right
Turn Right onto Rt. 30 SOUTH.
Continue about 7 miles into Bondville
Directly after the 7-11, Turn RIGHT onto Stratton Mountain Road
Stratton Resort is 4 miles

As you enter the ski area, turn right into the large parking lot
(Signs point to the “Welcome Center”, “Base Lodge” & “Village Shops”)
Park to the right

Distance: Approximately 110 miles, 2-2 ½ hours from Lee, Mass.

Attractions:
Stratton Mountain

Gondola - Adults $12, Children 7-12 $8, 6 & under Free
Full Service Day Spa (802) 297-3339
Skateboard Park Unsupervised
Shops Sports, Jewelry, Deli

Local

Manchester Village - Outlets, Shops and Restaurants
Equinox Mountain - Tallest Mountain in SW VT
Road to top - $6/car & $2 per additional passenger
Antique Shops Ask & I’ll tell, being an avid collector

Rain Date: Sunday, October 12th
Only if the 5th looks like a real wash out.
I’ll announce on this thread.

bobbwf@aol.com

If anyone wants this info e-mailed, send request to my personal address. Be sure to note the RS6 meet in the subject line, since I don't open any e-mails from sources I don't recognize.

Finnus:addict: :addict: :addict:

Klint
September 30th, 2003, 12:51
Bob,

The meet sounds spectacular!:D

looking forward to the pictures...:0:

And everyone have fun.

P.S Has Karman got himself a "hitch"? (Hitch as in ride along)

eph94
September 30th, 2003, 21:32
Darn... can't make it to the meet. I was just notified today that I need to go to the Patriots game with some clients on Sunday. Oh well, must do this in order to continue to afford the RS6.

Have fun all...

krm
September 30th, 2003, 23:56
Originally posted by Klint

P.S Has Karman got himself a "hitch"? (Hitch as in ride along)

Clint, thanks for asking, but no, I have not as of yet. :(

If any member from the NY metro area is planning to attend the meet can I possibly join you? Your kind gesture will be greatly appreciated. In return, I will promise free drinks for you, along with many sharp photos and a comprehensive write-up of the event for the forum.

I would be willing venture outside of Manhattan that morning if its more convenient for someone to pick me up. Thanks again.

/karman

Finnus
October 1st, 2003, 00:07
If any member from the NY metro area is planning to attend the meet can I possibly join you? Your kind gesture will be greatly appreciated.

Karman,

Maybe you can catch a train up to Westchester and someone could pick you up at the station. I'm north of Albany, so it wouldn't be practical for me, unless you have someone you could stay with in the Capitla Region.

Finnus

Speedracer
October 1st, 2003, 01:59
I'd be happy to give Karman a ride, but my son is coming with me, and we'll be in my 911SC. John Hulbrrock and I were going to hook up for the drive up to the meeting place. I don't know whether he is driving alone. How about it JH? By the way, my cell phone number is 914-548-9086.
Speed

Finnus
October 1st, 2003, 12:53
Who's coming???

From the posts so far and some of my friends that are interested, I'd estimate there will be about 1/2 dozen cars (and not all RS6s). So I can get an idea of how many people are coming, please post a reply or e-mail me through the "Members" section.

Finnus

nene
October 1st, 2003, 14:47
Hi Bob,

Count me in for sure. I will be there, hopefully a bit early, so we can talk a bit and get to know a few other car enthusiasts.

krm
October 1st, 2003, 21:17
Originally posted by Speedracer
I'd be happy to give Karman a ride, but my son is coming with me, and we'll be in my 911SC. John Hulbrrock and I were going to hook up for the drive up to the meeting place. I don't know whether he is driving alone. How about it JH? By the way, my cell phone number is 914-548-9086.
Speed

Finnus, thanks for your help. I'll send John a private message later today.

Finnus
October 3rd, 2003, 19:35
We're on for Sunday!!!

I just checked the weather: Mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of rain, highs in the low to mid-50s.

That's good enough for a "launch", so I'll see everyone there. I look forward to meeting you all and having a great day!

I'll send my cell phone telephone # to those of you who I know are going. If anyone needs it, e-mail me at bobbwf@aol.com

Depending upon who shows up, we may alter our route.

Finnus

krm
October 6th, 2003, 02:14
John H., Bob, Billy, John, Cooper, Nelson, and younger Nelson:

It was my great pleasure meeting each of you today. I would like to thank John H. and Nelson for graciously giving me a ride from NY and then to Boston. Also got to test out John's pristine 911SC and Nelson's DG RS6 in which I am also very thankful (now I truly understand why you guys are addicted to this uber sedan!) I should be returning to the city soon to post the pictures and provide a more comprehensive coverage of the experience.

The road selection was excellent today guys. We should get together more often.

Cheers, and until next time! :cheers:

Regards,
Karman

AvusRS6
October 6th, 2003, 16:12
PICS! PICS! PICS!

Klint
October 6th, 2003, 17:33
Originally posted by AvusRS6
PICS! PICS! PICS!

My sentiments exactly....:bye:

krm