PDA

View Full Version : That can't be a RS6...?

Erik
December 5th, 2002, 13:10
Check this out!!! :addict:

That can't be a RS6... (http://www.bmwm5.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25257)

Dave
December 5th, 2002, 14:02
LOL.. that'll keep them worried!!:D

:addict: :cheers: :addict:

FatBoy
December 5th, 2002, 16:41
I can definitely confirm that that IS an RS6, as I'm sure you can also Dave :D
The sound is unmistakable.......as is the acceleration.

Paul

Erik
December 6th, 2002, 09:57
Well I'm the driver AND the photographer so I can confirm it as well :D

Had a very worried Audi person in the passanger seat :argue:

FatBoy
December 6th, 2002, 10:10
Hi Erik,
One of the things I find amazing with the RS6 is how very, very easily it goes extremely fast. There is no fuss or drama, it simply gets on with the job. It's only the speed of other traffic that gives the game away. I suspect that this is why some of the magazine roadtesters have been less than overwhelmed by it, they simply don't appreciate just how good it is because it doesn't betray itself by hanging the tail out or shredding its tyres.
Cheers
Paul

Erik
December 6th, 2002, 10:53
I can understand the journalist in some way. They drive boring cars all day (Corolla 1.4 vs. Huyndai Santa Fe etc) and sometimes get the opportunity to drive 'real' cars.
And yes I too would have fun with 400 bhp without ESP, tyres paid for and an air strip.
The RS6 could be faster from 120-200 in my opinion but I think most owners will find a solution to that problem :)

The RS6 is faster on Nürburgring anyway, and it's an automatic... :)

Corz
December 9th, 2002, 02:37
The proof that that car is indeed an automatic is the gear select display on the bottom of the board computer screen.
;)