PDA

View Full Version : S-line for A8...?

AndyBG
January 23rd, 2011, 15:28
Is there going to be S-line exterior package for the current A8...?

S class have AMG package for a long time, and now BMW offers M-package for 7 series..., I hope there will be S-line for A8.

niler8
January 24th, 2011, 12:01
I have not seen any S - line kit for the new a8, But i have just found the ABT sportsline kit..... looks great...i could be tempted.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2183707.htm

hdtomi
January 24th, 2011, 14:39
2 Video, Abt and other:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAcbM3EKcJ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsJ66cZZz6Q

AndyBG
January 24th, 2011, 20:41
And now we can wait for Audi to do a proper S-line package...

Aronis
January 27th, 2011, 00:59
Are you talking about a stupid appearance package like the S-line products are, or an S8???

As far as I'm concerned the S-line 'line' of cars is complete BULLSHIT and they should just call it a sport package and leave the S for The S Cars.

It cheapens the S4, S5, S6, S8 line.

BMW's use of M-sport packaging is the same BS.

I had a 325is which had the M-tech suspension (aka M3 suspension) but there was not bullshit M-Lite badges on it.

Just my two cents, but an A8 is a very expensive car and throwing on an S-line badge and a different set of wheels is NOT an improvement.

Mike

AndyBG
January 27th, 2011, 10:15
Are you talking about a stupid appearance package like the S-line products are, or an S8???

As far as I'm concerned the S-line 'line' of cars is complete BULLSHIT and they should just call it a sport package and leave the S for The S Cars.

It cheapens the S4, S5, S6, S8 line.

BMW's use of M-sport packaging is the same BS.

I had a 325is which had the M-tech suspension (aka M3 suspension) but there was not bullshit M-Lite badges on it.

Just my two cents, but an A8 is a very expensive car and throwing on an S-line badge and a different set of wheels is NOT an improvement.

Mike

Yes, I think about that bullshit! :D

In Europe, S class and now 7 series are very common with this AMG or M ''look'' whil powered with some diesel engine...

I asked will A8 get that threatment to... S8 is completly diferent animal, and I know as everybody else here, thee will be one...

Aronis
January 27th, 2011, 21:18
The S-line is a marketing gimick pure and simple.

marklar182
January 27th, 2011, 21:36
S-line = Go fast looks, no go fast goodies.

AndyBG
January 28th, 2011, 11:58
And makes ordinary car looks better... :)

Aronis
January 28th, 2011, 13:46
I have no issue with the 'better looks' and whatever goodies are included in the 'S-line Package.' But leave out the S part....call it something else....

Mike

darkop
January 28th, 2011, 16:10
A8s never had s-line trim, so expect no other this time...

AndyBG
January 29th, 2011, 17:58
A8s never had s-line trim, so expect no other this time...

I know, but neither 7 series was offered with ''M-package" in the past, but now it is available...

Maybe Audi will do the same with A8...