PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Headlights?

2TURBOV8
January 20th, 2011, 00:22
Are the 2003 RS6 Headlights identical to the 2003 A6 Headlights? The cars have pretty much the same body, so I would "assume" the headlights are the same P/N. I want to buy some better headlights, but they are only listed as A6 headlights. I want to make sure they will fit my car before I buy them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!! Here's the link to these awesome headlights.

http://www.dashzracing.com/Lighting-Projector-Headlights/Audi/A6/01-04-Audi-A6-LED-Strip-Projector-Headlights-Black-R8-Style-p7977083.html

Eric :incar:

JSRS6
January 20th, 2011, 00:29
First, you can get the same headlights ALOT cheaper on eBay. Are you just looking for a different aesthetic? I can email you some pics of mine. I took them apart and blacked out the bezels. I've gotten plenty of compliments on them. If you are interested, the stock pn for our headlights:
4B3-941-003-K Left Headlamp $570.28
4B3-941-004-K Right Headlamp $570.28

hahnmgh63
January 20th, 2011, 01:08
Those headlights and the ones on Ebay are not HID headlights. They are designed for Halogen bulbs but can be retrofitted with and HID kit but Halogen projectors are not optimized for HID bulbs but HID bulbs can be used with and adpater (usually supplied in the HID conversion kits) to space the HID bulbs so the filament shines effectively in the Halogen projector. They can come close but are most likely to never equal the OEM Xenon HID units.
The A6 Xenons of the 2002-2004 are the same as our units but some A6's had Halogen lamps so you must get a A6 Xenon lamp if you are looking for the same as ours, same part #'s.

2TURBOV8
January 20th, 2011, 20:13
There is an HID kit upgrade option on the lights I posted. Just extra money.

ben916
January 20th, 2011, 21:27
or here...
http://www.tmtuning.com/audi/

skribe
January 20th, 2011, 22:49
I don't know. Every man's car is his to do with what he may, but I've seen those headlights in the real world and they look kind of cheesy, IMHO... like you're trying to pretend your car is something it isn't.

No RS 6 should ever pretend its something it isn't.

And they would be a downgrade in lighting quality.

ben916
January 20th, 2011, 23:10
I don't know. Every man's car is his to do with what he may, but I've seen those headlights in the real world and they look kind of cheesy, IMHO... like you're trying to pretend your car is something it isn't.

No RS 6 should ever pretend its something it isn't.

And they would be a downgrade in lighting quality.

Agreed!
I do like the LED tail lights - NOT SMOKED
I am not gonna slap an A6 2.8 sticker/badge on her...

4everRS
January 21st, 2011, 00:45
I agree with the above, but I do happen like smoked tails on daytona and black. I like the led's on avus, and mugello

V8weight
January 21st, 2011, 01:13
Go ahead and install the LED headlamps. You guys do know which car we're talking about right? The idea of clean and subtle went out the window a long time ago......
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21933-Isn-t-this-Fonzie-s-beast-what-happened-!?highlight=poor+car

skribe
January 21st, 2011, 03:13
Oh dude. I hadn't seen those pics...

Every car makes a statement. I'm afraid this one is beginning to say, "Pull me over and find the roach in my ashtray."

Yes. Add those headlights, and keep going straight to magnetic pep boys fender ports.

SAF
January 21st, 2011, 03:43
You guys do know which car we're talking about right?

Getting up from computer to go scrub my eyeballs with steel wool now.

JSRS6
January 21st, 2011, 04:00
Oh dude. I hadn't seen those pics...

Every car makes a statement. I'm afraid this one is beginning to say, "Pull me over and find the roach in my ashtray."

Yes. Add those headlights, and keep going straight to magnetic pep boys fender ports.

You mean like this? As soon as i saw your post, i started photoshopping ;-)

V8weight
January 21st, 2011, 04:05
You mean like this? As soon as i saw your post, i started photoshopping ;-)

Needs bullet hole stickers.

JSRS6
January 21st, 2011, 04:20
Totally dude!