PDA

View Full Version : Upper Midwest Dyno gathering potential

DonS
January 19th, 2011, 19:28
I commented that Madison, WI didn't seem like an appropriate place for an Upper Midwest Dyno Day, but 4everRS actually likes the idea. Madison is an easy drive from Chicago, Minneapolis and Milwaukee.

I contacted Kelly Moss Motorsports (of Porsche racing fame), and spoke with Price Cobb (yes, Le Mans winner in a Silk Cut Jaguar) and he's game with their new Mustang AWD Chassis Dyno in their gleaming new shop. The old place was size limited, but full of car candy. This new place must be an actual car candy store. Price is building an Audi 2.7T on their engine dyno so he knows Audis. Maybe I'll venture over there and lay down the HP and Torque gauntlet as the site and chassis dyno are barely broken in.

Kelly Moss currently does EPL tunes and is open to new vendors. Kelly moss can also custom program ECUs AND TCUs in "DBW, DI, stick and Twin Clutch" cars. I wonder if they can come up with a TCU tune to compete with MTM's? (not much money in that project with the MTM at $100)

So, my questions are:
Who's potentially in?
Weekday or weekend?
Feb, March or April (I can't wait until May)?
Should we arrange for a tune vendor for the day like the East Coasters did?
Does Famous Dave's sound good for lunch?

Other ideas?

JSRS6
January 19th, 2011, 19:36
Famous Dave? Yall are bringing him out for lunch? J/k. Sounds like a blast. Hopefully you guys will have at least one stock RS 6 to test stock values on that dyno.

DonS
January 19th, 2011, 19:42
I never thought about the connection to DHall1. Famous Dave's is down right tasty BBQ (http://www.famousdaves.com/). Having Dave out would be fun, but our golf courses are snow covered. And with all the snow piles in the parking lots, there's no where to park an RV.

V8weight
January 19th, 2011, 19:47
This works for me. I would prefer a weekend, and anytime Feb.-April is fine by me. Keep us posted.

skribe
January 19th, 2011, 20:22
I have the worst schedule in the world... A hard "maybe" from me.

terrytcl
January 19th, 2011, 20:28
i'm good to go... just need a month or two of heads up.

maybe head out there with my son.

terrytcl
January 19th, 2011, 20:29
Weekday or weekend? - DEFINITELY WEEKEND
Feb, March or April (I can't wait until May)? - FEB OR MARCH... APRIL IS A LONG TIME AWAY
Should we arrange for a tune vendor for the day like the East Coasters did? - FMU IS CLOSE - I WANT STAGE 2
Does Famous Dave's sound good for lunch - ANYTHING IS GOOD FOR ME... do they have real chillis in madison? :)

4everRS
January 19th, 2011, 21:49
I love it! I prefer March or April. I have some plans for the beast that I would like to do that I need a little time, and Pat's help. The mustang will show lower numbers than the dynojet but I don't care.

4everRS
January 19th, 2011, 21:54
oh ya, weekend for me

uncfrk
January 20th, 2011, 03:25
My RS6 is hibernating until late March. I would do April. Any day of the week will work. I'm sure I can find a foundry to call on to make it a business trip.