PDA

View Full Version : In other news...

iconcls
September 26th, 2003, 19:20
I curb-rashed my rim today. I don't think I have ever done this on any vehicle before. BUT it doesn't bother me; it's like there is way too much whacked sh*t going on in the world and life is way too short to fret about such things.

I guess I'm just not that much of an enthusiasts, my apologies to the board.:)

krm
September 26th, 2003, 19:23
So long as it doesn't affect your driving experience, it's all good! :alig:

bilbozilla
September 26th, 2003, 19:27
I did that on the way home from the showroom with my new TT roadster. That was the only time I've ever done that. I can manage to avoid door dings, scrapes, and the like, but to get nailed by a curb, and to be responsible for it! How humiliating. That was a year ago and the scar remains. I know that there are repair places around so you don't have to replace your rim. I have seen their work, and the rim comes back looking like new.
I love cars, but I share your comments about possibly not being an "enthusiast" enthusiast. I like to find their limits, I keep them maintained, I wash them quarterly, and replace them every 2 years.

ZCD2.7T
September 26th, 2003, 20:24
Originally posted by iconcls
I curb-rashed my rim today. I don't think I have ever done this on any vehicle before. BUT it doesn't bother me; it's like there is way too much whacked sh*t going on in the world and life is way too short to fret about such things.

I guess I'm just not that much of an enthusiasts, my apologies to the board.:)

Still, man, that sucks. .:error: Sorry to hear it :mad:

But, you're a "realist enthusiast" like me - sh*t happens to our cars, and there's not always anything you can do about it.

After all, the cars ARE meant to be driven!!

GoFastKindaGuy
September 26th, 2003, 21:10
I had acne 40 years ago. I got over it.

bilbozilla
September 26th, 2003, 21:24
I meant the scar remains on the car. Trust me, I got over it after releasing a few selected words.

eph94
September 26th, 2003, 21:40
I'm still waiting for the first time my RS6 gets acquainted with a curb. I bought "Wheel and Tire Protection", which includes repairs of incidents with curbs. Now that I have the insurance, I bet I go clean for the life of the lease. I hate that curb crunching sound more than finger nails down a chaulk board. I got my 540i pretty good TWICE. It sure is a humbling experience. I too did not get the wheels refinished. None of my friends ever noticed over the course of 3 years. One even said, "Nice rims!"

RS6FEVR
September 26th, 2003, 21:51
:cheers: Icon
Well man, like it's already been said, first there's new and then there's used. Yep, it's a definite bummer, but life's short, too much to do and see. I know places where you can have it fixed if interested. If and when the Chicago contingent of RS6 owners ever get together, you'll notice the front driver wheel of my car has some "notches" in it too (that's if I don't get it fixed in the near future). Little experience I had inside a mobil no touch wash! :vsad2: :vsad2: So be it.
I'm still having fun, it's a really nice car.
:addict: FEVR :addict:

Finnus
September 26th, 2003, 23:27
Iconcls,

Here's the link to my curb incident - rashed the rim and punctured the sidewall. Consider yourself ahead. I bought a new rim, partly because I wanted the real spare ... I'm well over it.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1701&highlight=tire+mishap

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict: