PDA

View Full Version : N/A high performance engines lives on! :)

AndyBG
January 15th, 2011, 11:29
Acording to this article, AMG is developing N/A version of its 5.5 V8 biturbo...!

I kinda like this to see...

http://www.worldcarfans.com/111011330434/amg-developing-a-naturally-aspirated-55-liter-v8---report

Joker
January 15th, 2011, 17:26
422hp from 5.5L isnt exactly stretching the boundaries, though I do like the idea of knocking off cylinders to improve efficiency in daily life.

Given the choice who here would prefer this option to Audi's 4.0L bi-turbo? :hihi:

RXBG
January 16th, 2011, 02:08
because ultimate performance will appear to be defined in the future as lightness and natural aspiration since they equate to a more pure driving experience- this idea is what perhaps automakers will consider a luxury belonging to the best in breed. logic dictates that forced induction and smaller cylinder count and DSG-type gearboxes yield the best numbers- accel/fuel consumption, but something has to set apart the ultimate performance machines. maybe this is something mercedes is banking on will sell their purest driving machines. the LP-700 subscribes to this, as does the LFA. we'll see if ferrari follows suit with the enzo replacement. something tells me the cat is not out of the bag with the new gallardo and R8- maybe they will stick to NA and not a version of audi's upcoming 4.0 V8; i am sure they could squeeze 600 hp out of the current V10 and nailing the new versions of these cars with a 200-300 lb weight loss would be the same as giving them 640 hp and keeping their weight as it is now. re:mercedes i agree that 420 hp from that kind of displacement is too low- but maybe they plan on compensating by not revving it so high so it can produce more torque and yield better fuel economy- i'm not sure. this could all be BS.