PDA

View Full Version : 03 RS6 Parts needed!

gsyal
January 13th, 2011, 20:06
Hi All,
I bought a 03 RS6 with just over 29k miles, In need of following parts:
- front bumper
- rear bumper

happen to buy it from an auto salvage auction and the car was previously owned by a high profile lawyer who used it only on weekends! runs and drives,Absolutely mint interior .. complete dealer service history.

ttboost
January 13th, 2011, 20:45
You obviously realize you are gonna need WAY more than a couple bumpers right? Hopefully it was a "steal" !!! Good luck fixin her up!!!

V8weight
January 13th, 2011, 20:47
Is this a joke?:vhmmm:

PALETTE
January 13th, 2011, 20:50
http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10785&d=1294949070

I think you have a bigger issue then just bumpers. the rad support looks a like ehhhhhhhh cock eyed!

gsyal
January 13th, 2011, 21:01
The car is actually in a better shape than it looks in these pics, which i used to make the purchase decision at online auction.
It got delivered to me yesterday and is now in the hands of an experienced body shop guy.
Rad support is pushed in but is fine as are the intercooler assembly and the driver's side headlight!
needed a small rubber hose from aux raidator and a transmission line to get this beast back to growling.
I got the trunk lid but now looking for the front and the rear bumper cover...( these are awfully priced at 1200 and 875 respectively at the Stealer here in Toronto)

speedtrapped
January 13th, 2011, 21:01
and there is a pool of something coming from underneath....atf? g12 is red as well

PALETTE
January 13th, 2011, 21:19
I got the trunk lid but now looking for the front and the rear bumper cover...( these are awfully priced at 1200 and 875 respectively at the Stealer here in Toronto)

wwoooooooo..... ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR where???? Toronto??

I got a Good Hook up at Audi hehe.

DonS
January 13th, 2011, 21:28
Revive that beast. Please take tons of photos for our benefit and yours. I bought and sold a salvage car and the photos showing the before damage and during showing a quality repair allowed me to get my money out of it. If there is no photo history, the new buyer assumes the worst and pays the least. Post the photos because you will be delving into areas where most of us hope to never go, but are curious. Good luck!

DonS
January 13th, 2011, 21:49
Looks like it came thru a Copart auction in Waldorf, MD.

DHall1
January 13th, 2011, 21:52
What did it go for

Looks like it came thru a Copart auction in Waldorf, MD.

DHall1
January 13th, 2011, 21:53
Even if you could find used parts for say 350 and 250. I wonder how much shipping would be for these items to Oh Canada?

Never mind the chance that shipping actually damages the items.

The car is actually in a better shape than it looks in these pics, which i used to make the purchase decision at online auction.
It got delivered to me yesterday and is now in the hands of an experienced body shop guy.
Rad support is pushed in but is fine as are the intercooler assembly and the driver's side headlight!
needed a small rubber hose from aux raidator and a transmission line to get this beast back to growling.

SteveKen
January 13th, 2011, 22:08

That crease in the rear quarter doesn't bother you? Pull the carpet and the unibody could have some more buckles on the floor boards.

I'd swap out the drivetrain and electronics into another car if you could find a suitable donor shell.

I would expect to pay about $5k max (delivered) for that at auction incl. fees, etc. I hope you got a deal.

ben916
January 13th, 2011, 23:30
The crease and the rad support issues, to me would be close to a deal breaker, no offense but that is ALOT of work. I hope you can pull it off! As DonS stated, take lots of photos...

Can you PM the VIN so I can add it to the RS6 VIN list?

gsyal
January 13th, 2011, 23:47
Thanks a lot guys for expert comments! this is the 2nd RS6 i have from salvage auction.... the first one was a 03' black on black... chek it out before and after.. im sure a lot of you would consider that after was a before :)

check out the original clear corners from Deuschland...

hahnmgh63
January 14th, 2011, 00:32
Those are good prices for the front & rear bumpers you posted, just make sure the dealer is actually giving you the price on RS6 bumpers as they are different and the dealer tends to charge more. Like the other guys mentioned, that is a serious rear end hit but it sounds like you know enough about them to check the fender wells, trunk, underneath, and a bonus if you can pull the rear seat and look under there at the auction.

SAF
January 14th, 2011, 00:44
http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10782&d=1294949064

Is that right front wheel out of whack or is it the picture?

SteveKen
January 14th, 2011, 02:02
If anyone's interested, I bought this B5 S4 project back in 2001 with a good title. Yes good title.

http://www.kendrish.com/galleries/s4/misc/461.jpg

and ended up with this

http://www.kendrish.com/galleries/s4/misc/dsfs.JPG
http://www.kendrish.com/galleries/s4/misc/psrs.JPG

No structural damage, though.

Clean title and 11k miles in 2008. Sold it for $16k stock as a rock (except for turbo back exhaust) and provided seller with all before & after pics, etc.

Anything is possible, but with what 4.2 cars are going for these days, I'd swap out the unibody.

gsyal
May 23rd, 2011, 11:58
It's ready! .28,500 miles. Passed Ontario structural safety tests.
Waiting for the lower trim peices on front bumper which are backordered at the dealer. Anyone selling those trims here?

bmlee007
May 23rd, 2011, 22:39
Looks good, congrats on the rescue. I'm taking mine in soon to get the front of the hood repaired, then gotta clean up the interior.

PALETTE
May 24th, 2011, 04:50
It's ready! .28,500 miles. Passed Ontario structural safety tests.
Waiting for the lower trim peices on front bumper which are backordered at the dealer. Anyone selling those trims here?

Looks really good. Congrats on it