PDA

View Full Version : Whoo Hoo, had my 2nd. "recognition" of the car

iconcls
September 26th, 2003, 16:41
Park right in front of Starbucks (God I hate that coffee, don't know why I go there) get in line, guy in front of me looks at me...looks up, looks down...looks up, looks down, pauses, then says "I can't believe YOU own that car."

Ahhh...nice. WTF?

Made me laugh, life is good.:)

Rally
September 26th, 2003, 16:50
just tell em you're getting it washed for the owner.

The state patrolman who pulled me over said "I'll bet that's fast, must be hard to keep the speed down"

Duh

Erik
September 26th, 2003, 17:02
As concluded before : Life is good!

ZCD2.7T
September 26th, 2003, 18:15
Originally posted by iconcls
Park right in front of Starbucks (God I hate that coffee, don't know why I go there) get in line, guy in front of me looks at me...looks up, looks down...looks up, looks down, pauses, then says "I can't believe YOU own that car."

Ahhh...nice. WTF?

Made me laugh, life is good.:)

Maybe it was the REVOs that confused him!!!:hihi:

BTW - I don't understand all the hoopla about Starbucks, either. It all tasts WAY over-roasted to me, but what do I know?;)

Bauer
September 26th, 2003, 18:29
Agreed....like my wife and I say "its a good life". :D

Drove into the car wash the other day and one of the guys who manages the place was talking to a highway patrolman who was getting his patrol car washed. He truned around and eyes just about fell out of his head:bigeyes: when he saw the RS6.

When I got out of the car he could not stop talking about the car while standing next to the patrolman(who turned out to be a regular). Then he truns to the patrolman and says "ya know how fast this thing is?" all the while I am thinking great there goes the stealth factor, right out the window.

Turns out the patrolman was a car fan and a really nice guy had couple of good laughs about how the car wash manager just blew my cover.

Also had the guy at the Verizon store ask me what kind of car my phone was for ?(I was getting the phone changed over for the RS6) I told him it was an RS6....next thing you know half the store(all the guys) were in the parking lot taking pictures of it with there phones. Then a guy pulls up in a old cherry chevy pick up(show car looking). He starts asking questions about....he seemed to be impressed by the German muscle car.

Took me almost 40 minutes to get the number changed on my phone:cheers:

iconcls
September 26th, 2003, 18:57
Originally posted by ZCD2.7T
Maybe it was the REVOs that confused him!!!:hihi:
Or the fact that I don't even own a pair of jeans that aren't riddled with holes.

BTW - I don't understand all the hoopla about Starbucks, either. It all tasts WAY over-roasted to me, but what do I know?;)
"Charbucks!" But damn, you can't argue with the nice jolt it gives; tantamount to main-lining crack ;-)

Bauer,
Thanks for making me feel better. NOT! You with all your nice RS 6 encounters and me with looks and comments like I just let one fly in the presence of the Queen. ;-)

Bauer
September 26th, 2003, 19:45
Icon,

Anythime I can make you feel better...you let me know:hihi:

ZCD2.7T
September 26th, 2003, 19:59
[ NOT! You with all your nice RS 6 encounters and me with looks and comments like I just let one fly in the presence of the Queen. ;-)

Hey, hey, me thinketh you speak with forked tongue - wasn't it you that purports to want to "fly under the radar" (pun intended)?

Your stealthy Avus machine accomplishes that mission perfectly!

So, which is it, are you a low-key guy, or an attention wh*re??;)

iconcls
September 26th, 2003, 20:22
So, which is it, are you a low-key guy, or an attention wh*re??;)

Well, I do have to live up to my moniker occasionally. :)