PDA

View Full Version : Very sad if true, Nurburgring turning into a theme park???!!!

speedtrapped
December 31st, 2010, 14:26
I saw this link on AZ, I cant believe it and hope all Motorsport enthuist do what they can to stop it....

http://savethering.org/

DHall1
December 31st, 2010, 15:05
I guess we dont have a corner on the boondoggle stupid projects that politicians get into. Very sad day.

hahnmgh63
December 31st, 2010, 16:26
The Ring should be a World Motorsports Historical place. I once took a rental van on the ring back in 2004. It was still fun even if the van was disappointing.

DHall1
December 31st, 2010, 17:37
Bucket list...

Ride around the ring with Sabine.

Looks like I may need to move up that timeline.

hahnmgh63
December 31st, 2010, 18:22
Agree on riding the Ring with Sabine. I think you need reservations about 3 months out to get a ride with her, at least there was 5 years ago when I asked and if anything she is more popular now. You guys see the Top Gear episode where she tries to match Jeremy Clarkston's Jag R-type time with a diesel Ford Transit Van. It was too funny as that is what I took on the Ring, I couldn't imagine doing it in her time.

Benman
December 31st, 2010, 21:42
First time out was 2002 and been back two other times... insanely cool place. Will be a shame to see it change, but then, I don't have the kind of money to save it single handedly and I doubt I can round up a million guys to all pitch in $100 or so.

:cheers:

Ben

Jimmy Joe
January 1st, 2011, 04:18
I think we should get in touch with the ADAC in Germany to confirnm, if true , ask them how could we help to sensitize the governement on the profound historic significance on leaving the Ring as is. Perhaps with the help of our national automobile federations we could have the FIA involved participating. Remind them that their country nationals Schumacher and Vettel are the ones with the most F1 championships won and this year`s F1 World champion at the top rung of automobile racing.Those who don`t heed history are bound to repeat it. Remember the Mille Miglia and the Targa Florio? No more. Gone. Forever. replaced by what could be considered a touring event compared to the original. We have to do something.

Jimmy
January 3rd, 2011, 13:29
It is very sad...but nothing is forever...ie Bridgehampton on LI. But think (pray) for now it will be saved at least for our lifetimes since it is a 'mecca' of sorts for the whole automobile world.

I am lucky to have been there on a few occasions too, and to even drive it in a old borrowed Golf rallye. What great memories for millions of car lovers who visit. Perhaps it will be given a 'scenic road' status at least ! It is a very beautiful area...

It will always live on in GT-5 on PS3 though LOL.

Benman
January 4th, 2011, 01:21
But think (pray) for now it will be saved at least for our lifetimes since it is a 'mecca' of sorts for the whole automobile world.

It will always live on in GT-5 on PS3 though LOL. Dittothat, well said. :thumb: