PDA

View Full Version : Here piggy piggy.....

speedtrapped
December 31st, 2010, 00:49
Got my gutted DP's and test pipes with v bands from yokust today. Sweet set up, going on Monday....giddy for the growl:revs:

ttboost
December 31st, 2010, 00:59
Gonna be any before and after testing?

speedtrapped
December 31st, 2010, 02:22
If my friend you are referring to dyno, I have dyno'ed as recent as last month. Before the wagners. I will dyno after but I have to find a legit Audi familiar dyno/tuner shop

PALETTE
December 31st, 2010, 02:26
did you notice any difference with the Wagners? if so what?

ttboost
December 31st, 2010, 02:35
Not necessarily dyno as much as real world numbers...Does this mod alone provide any significant improvement or do you need other mods to make it worth while? For states with emissions, you need the cats to pass and it's a lot of work to put them back in...

ttboost
December 31st, 2010, 02:39
If my friend you are referring to dyno, I have dyno'ed as recent as last month. Before the wagners. I will dyno after but I have to find a legit Audi familiar dyno/tuner shop

It's a little bit of a drive, but EPL up here in CT is VERY "legit" and "familiar" and has a Mustang dyno. What kinda power stock and now with Eurocharged and on what dyno?

hahnmgh63
December 31st, 2010, 02:41
A couple of guys on this list have removed the pre-cats and still passed state emissions. The main Cats seem to be enough to get by.

ttboost
December 31st, 2010, 02:44
Hmmmm...good to know...Does anyone sell this pipe ready to go? I've heard the mod is a b*tch to do.....

speedtrapped
December 31st, 2010, 02:50
not necessarily, car runs great, but no discernable power diff....maybe when I dyno again, down the road, i want to go bigger turbos, so wagners was a must, besides...my stocks leaked I benched tested after they were removed, so I went a little higher end.

V8weight
December 31st, 2010, 02:51
Removing and installing the downpipes is the easy part, gutting the actual cats is the huge pain in the ass.

ttboost
December 31st, 2010, 02:52
I'm sure I'll be there soon...already flashed, but gotta fix some stuff first, then keep tuning...My stock IC's probably leak too!!!

speedtrapped
December 31st, 2010, 02:59
It's a little bit of a drive, but EPL up here in CT is VERY "legit" and "familiar" and has a Mustang dyno. What kinda power stock and now with Eurocharged and on what dyno?

I did 2 dynos, 1st was a dynojet and produced 401whp w/ eurocharged, no milltek yet, or any other mod, only problem was tech couldnt get a TQ # for me, frustrating. @nd dyno, was on a mustang, produced 377wtq w/ EC and 326wtq stock(reflashed during), but my HP # was wacky 365whp, 333whp stock....neither shop worked on audis, 1st was subaru and 2nd was domestic truck tuner. The car is very fast, and logs have been produced. Now with the gutted DP's and test pipes, I will reflash EC to code out O2 sensors, I assume(I know) that no cats at all will provide faster spool time, more flow....but a dyno will have to be done. I have heard of EPL, my mechanic suggested them. Emissions?, we dont need no stinkin emissions, honestly I just got a 2 year inspection, I will have the capability to vband the main cats back on, and have my mechanic take my car to an indy insection shop(he does this often)

ttboost
December 31st, 2010, 03:04
I will have the capability to vband the main cats back on, and have my mechanic take my car to an indy insection shop(he does this often)

OK, Now I remember your dyno nightmare. I may need to do this cat thing too. EPL has tuned my 996 Turbo and now my RS6.

PALETTE
December 31st, 2010, 03:34
again i say lucky bastardos!

4everRS
December 31st, 2010, 04:16
Stephen, could you post a few pics of the DP's and test pipes when you get a chance?

speedtrapped
December 31st, 2010, 12:28
Sure can, when I get back from work tonight I will.

Benman
December 31st, 2010, 21:38
Piggy Pipes, good product from V Tuning. Never tried the ones for the Beast. :thumb:

Ben

V8weight
December 31st, 2010, 22:23
Ben, I think what you are getting at is that the name "piggy pipes" was coined by Vast Tuning when they started gutting stock S4 downpipes. I just call my gutted RS6 downpipes piggy pipes because the name has kind of become and standard term, like the crescent wrench (open end adjustable wrench) or the channel locks (Groove joint pliers). As far as I know, there is no such thing actually available for the RS6, but I think Vast will make your existing pipes into "piggy pipes" for $450 plus shipping.

speedtrapped
December 31st, 2010, 23:49
here some pics

4everRS
January 1st, 2011, 00:37
Thanks for the pics. Nice floor coating.

DHall1
January 1st, 2011, 01:12
Piggy piggy indeed. Those are sweet.

Benman
January 1st, 2011, 02:23
LOL, that shows how long it's been! Thanks for clearing that up as I didn't know it was now a name commonly used. :)
Had em' on a B5 S4. :cheers:

ben916
January 1st, 2011, 02:27
OK, can someone definitely indicate YES or NO to the question of:

Can one have piggy pipes on an RS6 that is in a smog controlled state such as California or New Jersey?
I am not asking for advice on moving O2 sensor, etc. just the question at hand.
Thanks

ttboost
January 1st, 2011, 02:33

Can one have piggy pipes on an RS6 that is in a smog controlled state such as California or New Jersey?
Thanks

That's the question I asked and I believe the answer was they are only the "pre" cats and the regular cats and O2's are still in the system?

V8weight
January 1st, 2011, 03:12

Thanks

That's the question I asked and I believe the answer was they are only the "pre" cats and the regular cats and O2's are still in the system?
I wish I could give a definitive answer, but......I don't know. With the pre-cats removed and the main cats still in place, I believe you should be able to pass a smog test, providing that you have relocated the secondary o2's, or had them tuned out and there is no pending DTC or check engine light for catalyst efficiency. I cannot be sure though. The main purpose of the pre cats is for engine warm up (they filter out emissions during the warm up period were extra fueling is required). The main perform the duty of filtering out the CO2 emissions during normal driving.

speedtrapped
January 1st, 2011, 03:13
Let's put it this way, with that set up, I will FAIL emissions NJ. But, I have 2 years as of last month, and when time comes, I can v band my main cats back on, and take it to Indy emissions inspection.

V8weight
January 1st, 2011, 04:18
LOL, that shows how long it's been! Thanks for clearing that up as I didn't know it was now a name commonly used. :)
Had em' on a B5 S4. :cheers:
At least you were "in the know". I had a B5 S4 Avant back before I knew internet forums existed. I found the car to be a tad slow, and ended up buying a B6 S4 to replace it, and then the RS6 to replace it. Imagine the money pit the S4 could have become had I been trolling the forums back then............I had no idea the world of upgrades available for that car at the time.

SteveKen
January 1st, 2011, 07:01
At least you were "in the know". I had a B5 S4 Avant back before I knew internet forums existed. I found the car to be a tad slow, and ended up buying a B6 S4 to replace it, and then the RS6 to replace it. Imagine the money pit the S4 could have become had I been trolling the forums back then............I had no idea the world of upgrades available for that car at the time.

I agree with this. There are B5 S4's out there putting down 600+ AWHP and I was tempted to put the 2.7T into my S6 when I bought the car for the manual drive train, but it just seemed too easy. Converting the 4.2 to a 6 speed was definitely the cheaper option in the short run, too as a built 2.7T is quite spendy.

I laughed when I first heard of the B5 S4 referred to as a pig. Mind you I came from a twin turbo Dodge Stealth that we also called pigs.

Benman
January 2nd, 2011, 16:58
At least you were "in the know". I had a B5 S4 Avant back before I knew internet forums existed. I found the car to be a tad slow, and ended up buying a B6 S4 to replace it, and then the RS6 to replace it. Imagine the money pit the S4 could have become had I been trolling the forums back then............I had no idea the world of upgrades available for that car at the time. LOL!!! So true! And that (B5) money pit led to the Champion racing Galati S4 car... Yes, the internet can be pure evil sometimes! :D But no regrets though! :cheers:

Ben :addict:

PALETTE
January 2nd, 2011, 17:04
You bought them just before i did. I was going to pm him this week!! Damb you!! Enjoy them

speedtrapped
January 2nd, 2011, 18:26
I am suprised they sat as long as they did, considering Pat's story of the PIA gutting process. Ty cant wait to run them

hahnmgh63
January 2nd, 2011, 19:24
Thanks to Pat, I have now purchased an extended tranmission jack to use with my lift, a air chisel, and a cross fender engine hoist. Listening to him is costing me money. And to think I thought I had most every tool I would need in my shop already.

V8weight
January 2nd, 2011, 19:36
Thanks to Pat, I have now purchased an extended tranmission jack to use with my lift, a air chisel, and a cross fender engine hoist. Listening to him is costing me money. And to think I thought I had most every tool I would need in my shop already.
LOL, just returning the favor to the board. ;) The reason that I bought the RS6 in the first place was because I didn't want to dump a bunch of money into my B6 S4 for power upgrades. I figured the RS6 would be the end all car that I would never have to modify, it would be fast enough as is. A couple of months on the forum fixed that. :)