PDA

View Full Version : Trolling, but serious... any good stock out there you know about?

alrightroad
December 28th, 2010, 04:26
Good evening gents (and ladies, if there are any here).

I'm an MTM stage II allroad owner and love the utility of the car. It's paid off and I'm at 100K miles. She's had a lot of decent work done recently and good to go another 100K (I hope!). Long story short, I am in a position now to aquire an RS6 as well. Have always wanted one but never had a good window of opportunity. "So, we just had our 3rd child so why not buy an RS6?!" I tried saying that outloud in front of a mirror recently to see if it would look/sound good in preperation for the wifey. I still have mixed feelings about how it looked.

Anyway, I'm shopping hard. I've trolled ebay, CL and contacted my dealer for some help. Dealer was worthless. They tried to drop me in the picture I attached. Yeah right. Like I would want a V10 Spyder (Hell Yeah I would!)... didn't think that conversation would go well in the mirror either. Though I am not a fan of anything convertable it looked great... 6MT box.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_9dDE2iYKK2k/TRlc4O-mCCI/AAAAAAAAAN0/9hPCDy9iroM/s800/spyder.jpg

Questions for you guys (since I see that all the RS6 snobs left Audiworld and Quattroworld and came over here... joking of course... I cant stand Audiworld any longer either!)... Would a stealership honor most 3rd party existing warranties? This is the one thing I have unanswered in my pull-the-trigger queue. Have you seen any extended factory warranty RS6's out there good to 100K+?

In case you're wondering, here is my search criteria: 50K miles or less, Daytona Gray, edbony interior, SE Exh, Carbon, warm weather package, DRC update done, TC replacement done, TB service done, rotors done recently. I'd settle for higher miles if the car was right and the warranty was good to go at my dealer. Seeing there are 2 RS6 in my state (I'm in Charleston, SC), I will likely be purchasing afar.

Thanks, in adance.

Eric

Keyser Soze
December 28th, 2010, 05:38
Welcome to the forum!!

Most dealers will honor extended warranties as long as they pay by credit card and as long as they are easy to work with. If I were you, I would try to stick with one of the better known warranties, specifically Fidelity. I'm almost certain Fidelity will cover a vehicle to over 100K as long as the warranty was purchased before it hits the mark. I can tell you, if you do get a Fidelity warranty (the best IMO) you will PAY when the policy is written as the miles go up. I don't believe many warranties (good ones at least) will write a policy with the car over 100k on an RS6. If I'm wrong, I'm sure a few guys will chime in.

There are several very nice cars for sale right now (mine included) on and off the forum. You shouldn't have any problem finding a nice ride!

Good luck with the search

Justin

alrightroad
December 28th, 2010, 05:42
Justin, thanks for the feedback on the Fidelity warranty. Good to know.

alrightroad
December 28th, 2010, 05:47
Is there a 'classifieds' section on this forum? Cant seem to locate if so.

Keyser Soze
December 28th, 2010, 05:51
Nope - you're looking at it!! They are all in the same general RS6 forum. Look through it, there are some for sale here.

alrightroad
December 28th, 2010, 05:57
Nope - you're looking at it!! They are all in the same general RS6 forum. Look through it, there are some for sale here.

Thanks. Nice handle name. Love it. Didnt see it on the first post.

Keyser Soze
December 28th, 2010, 06:19
Thanks. Nice handle name. Love it. Didnt see it on the first post.

LOL - thanks. I don't think anybody here has gotten it so far. At least nobody has said anything about it.

ben916
December 28th, 2010, 08:01
LOL - thanks. I don't think anybody here has gotten it so far. At least nobody has said anything about it.

I picked that one username but it was taken (or it could be that my spelling is crap). I thought of Verbal Gint (spelling again) but not sure about it as it DOES rhyme with Gerbal...

Nevertheless, welcome!
It seems Keyser has a decent, if not stellar, example of ebony/ebony RS6.

You will see some rare low mileage ones (under 20k miles) but no one is biting on those for some reason (probably $$$$$)

AudiRS4ever
December 28th, 2010, 13:44

Hasn't gotten it so far? Common Man, just look at my Avatar. I know good movies. I laughed the first time I saw your screen name. I keep thinking you're going to start telling us a story, but I'm calling BS when you tell us you went to Dell, Fl to check out a woman named Ms. Porsche Samsung.

SAFE4NOW
December 28th, 2010, 14:36
Good evening gents (and ladies, if there are any here).

I'm an MTM stage II allroad owner and love the utility of the car. It's paid off and I'm at 100K miles. She's had a lot of decent work done recently and good to go another 100K (I hope!). Long story short, I am in a position now to aquire an RS6 as well. Have always wanted one but never had a good window of opportunity. "So, we just had our 3rd child so why not buy an RS6?!" I tried saying that outloud in front of a mirror recently to see if it would look/sound good in preperation for the wifey. I still have mixed feelings about how it looked.

Anyway, I'm shopping hard. I've trolled ebay, CL and contacted my dealer for some help. Dealer was worthless. They tried to drop me in the picture I attached. Yeah right. Like I would want a V10 Spyder (Hell Yeah I would!)... didn't think that conversation would go well in the mirror either. Though I am not a fan of anything convertable it looked great... 6MT box.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_9dDE2iYKK2k/TRlc4O-mCCI/AAAAAAAAAN0/9hPCDy9iroM/s800/spyder.jpg

Questions for you guys (since I see that all the RS6 snobs left Audiworld and Quattroworld and came over here... joking of course... I cant stand Audiworld any longer either!)... Would a stealership honor most 3rd party existing warranties? This is the one thing I have unanswered in my pull-the-trigger queue. Have you seen any extended factory warranty RS6's out there good to 100K+?

In case you're wondering, here is my search criteria: 50K miles or less, Daytona Gray, edbony interior, SE Exh, Carbon, warm weather package, DRC update done, TC replacement done, TB service done, rotors done recently. I'd settle for higher miles if the car was right and the warranty was good to go at my dealer. Seeing there are 2 RS6 in my state (I'm in Charleston, SC), I will likely be purchasing afar.

Thanks, in adance.

Eric

To answer your questions

1. Yes, but they don't have to. You need to to know they are working for you with your warranty. There are alot of good contracts out there, but more than 2:1 bad. Best bet is for you to contact the repair facility you are planning on working with on your Rs6, ask THEM what companies they work best with. Chances are they may even be able to sell you a contract.
2. Depending on the actual miles of the car you find will limit the overall term / mileage available for sale.
3. There is a difference between FACTORY Certified Pre Owned and Extended Warranty(s) The only way you will get a CPO car is to purchase the car from the dealership. Otherwise it will be a third party warranty company. Dealerships sell third party warranties as well, just be clear what you are getting.
4. Just because you get 100k worth of coverage does not mean you are getting the best deal. If you find a contract you are happy with, feel free to drop me a line, I would be more than happy to go over the contract with you to answer your questions and point some things out.

Yes, I have been an extended warranty admin for the past MANY years. I work with the good and the bad on a weekly basis and can offer you some perspective.

Steve

p.s. And yes, I can offer you a contract from Protective ( Total Service Protection or Total Protection Plan ) < wink > That I administer now. My contract has paid more than double the price I paid in the past 3 years!

ben916
December 28th, 2010, 19:30
...Yes, I have been an extended warranty admin for the past MANY years. I work with the good and the bad on a weekly basis and can offer you some perspective.

Steve

p.s. And yes, I can offer you a contract from Protective ( Total Service Protection or Total Protection Plan ) < wink > That I administer now. My contract has paid more than double the price I paid in the past 3 years!

O/T: You mean I ACTUALLY got something right?!?!?! Mark this day in History!!! Where is my wife's phone number..... gotta call her and let her know that TODAY I am right...

SAFE4NOW
December 28th, 2010, 19:32
O/T: You mean I ACTUALLY got something right?!?!?! Mark this day in History!!! Where is my wife's phone number..... gotta call her and let her know that TODAY I am right...

Yes, quick, go buy a lotto ticket too! LoL

Steve

alrightroad
December 29th, 2010, 06:01
Hasn't gotten it so far? Common Man, just look at my Avatar. I know good movies. I laughed the first time I saw your screen name. I keep thinking you're going to start telling us a story, but I'm calling BS when you tell us you went to Dell, Fl to check out a woman named Ms. Porsche Samsung.

Question is does Keyser walk with a limp?

twinsteve
December 29th, 2010, 13:46

Hey there...me and my RS6 are in Charleston as we speak! Visiting my Dad...I live in ATL....

KahalaM5
December 29th, 2010, 21:55
Verbal: Yes
Keyser: No

Good luck with your search. I picked up my Daytona Gray a few months ago with most of the options you're looking for, although it's chipped with custom exhaust. I wouldn't get too hung up on the DRC recall work having been done - mine was, but it failed again and I'm going to just bite the bullet and install coilovers.

Contrary to many of the posters here, I don't have an aftermarket warranty and have decided to self-insure. If the warranty policy is properly underwritten (from the insurer's persepective), the premiums need to cover future claims plus a profit margin; so on average, policy buyers shouldn't be coming out ahead (although there are plenty of cases where they do). Also, it's worth noting that not all warranty companies are financially capable, especially those with captive insurance companies. Some of them have failed, leaving policy owners holding the bag.

Just my $0.02

alrightroad
December 30th, 2010, 01:36
Hey there...me and my RS6 are in Charleston as we speak! Visiting my Dad...I live in ATL....

What area of town are you staying? Got time to give me a ride? I'm in the Mt. P. area... office right next to Ravenel Bridge. I'm an ATL native... and, thankfully, we live down here now.

twinsteve
December 30th, 2010, 11:55
What area of town are you staying? Got time to give me a ride? I'm in the Mt. P. area... office right next to Ravenel Bridge. I'm an ATL native... and, thankfully, we live down here now.

Sorry I missed you...heading back home today..my Dad lives on Seabrook Island and I get over here 3-4 times a year...I will let you know next time I am over, and do the same if you get over to ATL

SAFE4NOW
December 30th, 2010, 15:09
Verbal: Yes
Keyser: No

Good luck with your search. I picked up my Daytona Gray a few months ago with most of the options you're looking for, although it's chipped with custom exhaust. I wouldn't get too hung up on the DRC recall work having been done - mine was, but it failed again and I'm going to just bite the bullet and install coilovers.

Contrary to many of the posters here, I don't have an aftermarket warranty and have decided to self-insure. If the warranty policy is properly underwritten (from the insurer's persepective), the premiums need to cover future claims plus a profit margin; so on average, policy buyers shouldn't be coming out ahead (although there are plenty of cases where they do). Also, it's worth noting that not all warranty companies are financially capable, especially those with captive insurance companies. Some of them have failed, leaving policy owners holding the bag.

Just my $0.02

True, that is why they sell warranty's for Honda, Toyota, Lexus, etc... to average out the Audi and Mercedes claims.

I'd ask around, anyone who HAS a warranty, what their R.O.I. has been. me 2:1 , already doubled the contract price in repairs in the past 3 years.

When one has a warranty ( like health insurance ) they are more than likely going to use said policy. When one does not, they tend to let things go... at least this is what I've seen from my side of the desk.

S

alrightroad
December 30th, 2010, 15:29
Sorry I missed you...heading back home today..my Dad lives on Seabrook Island and I get over here 3-4 times a year...I will let you know next time I am over, and do the same if you get over to ATL

Have a safe drive back. Sorry I missed the beast in town. I have a work project in ATL in January so I'll hook up with you then perhaps.

Eric