PDA

View Full Version : my blu rs6

madmark
September 25th, 2003, 00:41
hi folks , not long ago i posted some pics of my misano red rs6 which i bought as an ex demo model,Anyway i decided to order an unabused new model and was shocked how quickly it turned up .Isnt the rs6 as popular as audi thought?? This one is mugello blue and provokes a lot less attention than the misano red one (thankfully!!)

Fedex690
September 25th, 2003, 01:34
That is one beautiful RS6, love the color too!

gregoryindiana
September 25th, 2003, 03:12
I went with the blue also, for the same reason, and am very happy with the car.

In the end, all of the cars will be sold at or above MSRP, I believe, at least in the US.

Don't know where you are, though. The plate looked Euro, and you had what looked like the 5 spoke 19 inch wheels we can't have over here.

In the US, Audi will only import the RS6 until december because in 2004 California emission laws change, I guess. So more of a shortage here.

fossil
September 25th, 2003, 04:44
Hi,
I have ordered a Misano Red RS6....a comment of some members here at the time was that it was less likely to be stolen...We have many red cars on the road here, and I own a red car now, and i dont attract any police attention with it, but must admit i have no personal experience witha red RS6 yet...

here is my original thread

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1291

This is what taipan RS4 Imola said.......
Fossil,

Let me share one comment about color and thieves.

In France, we have a real plague with thugs doing car-jackings to use the cars to attack armored bank vehicles or prisons (the largest one in Paris was attacked with bazookas, AK-47 and dynamite to free an inmate about 2 months ago, it's that bad).

An RS4 was almost always involved, with and S8 or Merc ML AMG.
Other uses include high-speed drug trafficking between Spain and France.

As a result, in 2002, 12% of the RS4s in France was stolen (published data). That's one out of eight, in a single year...

Now the interesting part : I've asked an acquaintance who's a judiciary car expert -ie he's called by insurances or cops to audit stolen cars once recovered- about a trend in color or not.
His answer : out of the 10 or so RS4s he audited in a single year, they were ALL either Grey or Black.
Not a single Misano Red or Imola Yellow.

Same applies to the dozen BMW X5 4.6is he audited : grey or black.

So by going bright Red (or Yellow special order from Quattro GMBH for +/- USD 2,000), as Erik mentionned, you'll probably won't have to worry about thieves as much as all the other owners.
Thieves don't want to draw cops' attention or be easily identified in the traffic in case of pursuit/helicopter surveillance.

Between getting over-checked by cops or car-jacked/home-jacked by thugs (which may expose your loved ones), I see a no-brainer.

Eric

bilbozilla
September 25th, 2003, 05:36
I like the 19' wheels. I'm taking delivery of mine in November/December and I keep getting calls from the salesperson telling me a near-identical model to the one I ordered is available now. The dealership isn't going to be happy about having an additional vehicle sitting on the lot, so I would imagine the price is somewhat negotiable.
I can't help but laugh a smug laugh when my local dealership calls me about an RS6 after I initially tried to order one through them, but they demanded a $10k premium. They're sitting on 2 of them right now. Market economies are a dual edged sword

TheBrit
September 26th, 2003, 00:07
There seems to be a lot of unsold new and used RS 6s kicking about in Britain, I think the high cost of company car tax and insurance is killing the market for expensive performance cars, most 40% tax payers with almost £60k to burn will probably buy something more executive and possibly chauffeur driven...