PDA

View Full Version : Making the jump and thanks

SCinfidel
December 17th, 2010, 05:47
Former owner of an 01 S6 and 05 S4, sold those and went to an E55(fast but pig like) and now I am returning but this time to the beast.. I am looking at 2 different RS6's in SoCal.

I have had a good time and good learning experience reading thru, thanks a lot for all you help and leading me.

I do have a couple questions. 1. Is GMG in Santa Ana a good shop for the RS6? If not who would you guys suggest in Orange County? My S4 was serviced at MV Audi and my S6 at a local German Shop in San Clemente, Klinks. However, I know how much more sensitive(read expensive) the RS6 is and want to make sure I find the best shop possible. 2. One vehicle I am checking out is chipped(Revo) and claims to still be under Audi factory warranty, is that possible? I am going to contact a local Audi dealer and ask but I always operated under the premise that modding would void all warranties.

Thanks again you guys and when i pull the trigger on one I will get photos etc over.

DHall1
December 17th, 2010, 06:02
Welcome back to the rings. What ever you do please dont tell my wife she drives a pig. She likes her E55 and works far to hard at keeping fit into a size 6 after all these years. BTW, did your E55 have gas tank fuel leak issues? Just wondering?

Revo car. I think he is a member. Ben916 has seen the car and may speak to the condition. I think the guy has the Audi Fidelity extended warranty and yes, if you call Audi and ask if the car is covered with a reflash they will tell you no. So dont tell them. Black one with the HRE wheels right?

Former owner of an 01 S6 and 05 S4, sold those and went to an E55(fast but pig like) and now I am returning but this time to the beast.. I am looking at 2 different RS6's in SoCal.

I have had a good time and good learning experience reading thru, thanks a lot for all you help and leading me.

I do have a couple questions. 1. Is GMG in Santa Ana a good shop for the RS6? If not who would you guys suggest in Orange County? My S4 was serviced at MV Audi and my S6 at a local German Shop in San Clemente, Klinks. However, I know how much more sensitive(read expensive) the RS6 is and want to make sure I find the best shop possible. 2. One vehicle I am checking out is chipped(Revo) and claims to still be under Audi factory warranty, is that possible? I am going to contact a local Audi dealer and ask but I always operated under the premise that modding would void all warranties.

Thanks again you guys and when i pull the trigger on one I will get photos etc over.

SCinfidel
December 17th, 2010, 06:13
Yep, that's the one. I am headed down there on Tuesday to check it out. I am also looking at one up in LA, low miles(40k) at a dealer but they want way too much... like $36k!

The E55 was actually a rock solid car, I bought it with 8k miles on it and drove it until about 60k with no problems. It just didn't compare to my S4, except in the acceleration dept which was really really nice. I am hoping that the RS6 is the blend of the S4 road feel/handling and the E55 juice...

Also, any good suggestions for PPI's in SD and LA?

Thanks you guys

JSRS6
December 17th, 2010, 16:18
If you don't mind the drive, wicked motorsports up in la off van nuys.

DHall1
December 17th, 2010, 17:32
I can tell you that your quest is a good one. I have a tuned E55 and RS6 sitting out in the garage and the RS6 is even faster than the E.

One problem you may have with the HRE car is the wheels. I think they are 20in with very skinny tires and KW coilovers. The ride may be rough. Just know that the proper 19in wheels and 255/35 tires will make it ride like a dream even with the KW coilovers.

Here is a pic of 19x9 wheels and 255/35 tires. et29 perfect fitment.

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a476/drh11/rs4wheel1.jpg

Yep, that's the one. I am headed down there on Tuesday to check it out. I am also looking at one up in LA, low miles(40k) at a dealer but they want way too much... like $36k!

The E55 was actually a rock solid car, I bought it with 8k miles on it and drove it until about 60k with no problems. It just didn't compare to my S4, except in the acceleration dept which was really really nice. I am hoping that the RS6 is the blend of the S4 road feel/handling and the E55 juice...

Also, any good suggestions for PPI's in SD and LA?

Thanks you guys

ben916
December 17th, 2010, 17:44
Actually to set the record straight, I have asked Richard 2 times to visit to see the Black HRE Revo car, but still am waiting for that call back, kinda like a Vagcom party, but we will just let that one go....
I was actually looking at the black one when it was at Hoehn in Dec 2009 ($38k stock). So you can see that there was plenty of $$,$$$ spend on that car. I am not so sure about the 20" rims as Speedtrapped can confirm about 20" rims.

Service locations that I am aware of in LA/OC:
GMG - I have heard nothing but good work from them
Raven - Same thing and they are pushing the envelope on the RS6
Wicked - same thing!

Service locations that I am aware of in SD:
Geo's or George's or something like that just around the corner from Miramar Audi.
PureMS - has a shop in Temecula but now opened a new shop off of Miramar
Exalt - can't confirm their quality

PPI in SD?
I would take it to PureMS as I feel my indy shop let me down and soaked me on my last and FINAL visit...

SCinfidel
December 17th, 2010, 19:09
Great advice and thanks for the heads up on the 20" rims too. This will be non DD so I am not overly concerned with a butter ride but noted and your 19" rims look SICK!

I am hoping this one is nice as it does have the Audi warranty which is a huge add.. The other one I am looking at has an aftermarket warranty with a $200 deductible. It is bone stock and one owner, whole service life done at Beverly Hills Audi.

Either way, I can't wait and should be one of the two next week.. will update again then

SCinfidel
December 17th, 2010, 19:14
Ben916, thanks for the advice on locations and the guys at GMG did some work on my S6(01) and were great to deal with... not cheap but good work and good service! Never been to Raven and or Wicked but have def heard great things about Wicked.

I will hit up PureMS for the PPI and let you know their verdict.

For sure looks like Richard put some serious $$ in that car, and it looks like he used good shops that did things right, ACG(any comments??). The market sucks right now, I gave away my E55 and my '64 Impala... seriously got pounded prison style.

Thanks for looking out too-

ben916
December 17th, 2010, 19:18
I am hoping this one is nice as it does have the Audi warranty which is a huge add.. The other one I am looking at has an aftermarket warranty with a $200 deductible. It is bone stock and one owner, whole service life done at Beverly Hills Audi.

Um, You had better jump quick and look at the one serviced at BH Audi, that is where mine was serviced for 36k miles.
I got mine at a small dealer about 2 blocks from Keyes Audi called The Car Factory in Van Nuys.
It is Avuz/Ebony with 36k miles, carbon, stock, one owner, WWP, crap nav, timing belt early, 2nd campaign DRC, but the front rotors were on their way out...

DHall1
December 17th, 2010, 19:29
If I may ask. What is the Socal market for a E55 with 60k miles these days. You can PM me if you dont wish to publish the sale price.

Thanks

Ben916, thanks for the advice on locations and the guys at GMG did some work on my S6(01) and were great to deal with... not cheap but good work and good service! Never been to Raven and or Wicked but have def heard great things about Wicked.

I will hit up PureMS for the PPI and let you know their verdict.

For sure looks like Richard put some serious $$ in that car, and it looks like he used good shops that did things right, ACG(any comments??). The market sucks right now, I gave away my E55 and my '64 Impala... seriously got pounded prison style.

Thanks for looking out too-

ben916
December 22nd, 2010, 02:48
tick tock.... :)

status?

speedtrapped
December 22nd, 2010, 03:19
Boom, bam, smack! That's the sound of 20's with rubber bands picking up ever little nuance in the road.

SCinfidel
December 22nd, 2010, 03:19
tick tock.... :)

status?
I will let you know exactly tomorrow... looks really good, just a couple of loose ends to tie.

DHall1
December 22nd, 2010, 04:30
Hurry,

Another forum member and prev RS6 owner is ready to look at that car.

Thanks for the PM

I will let you know exactly tomorrow... looks really good, just a couple of loose ends to tie.