PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Atlantic Get-together/Dyno day: January 15th, 2011

JSRS6
December 16th, 2010, 20:13
All right guys, I just got off the phone with Moore Automotive in Fairfax. They don't for-see a problem with doing our dyno day on that day, but i am waiting for a call back to confirm our reservation. We are looking at about $60/person. Here is the address:

Moore Automotive
9776 Lee Highway
Fairfax, VA 22031

http://mooreautomotive.com/dyno_tuning.html

And the guest list so far:

1. JSRS6(myself)
2. CornersWell
3. Holiday
4. Speedtrapped
5. Stephencl
6. M5-Eater
7. Nistah
8. Fraba
9. Bobski?

Thats it so far. If you plan on attending, either pm me, or reply on here.

DHall1
December 16th, 2010, 20:18
I'm jealous.

Will there be any data logging going on?

Be careful about "advertising" as "people" are watching and complaining.

Did I cross any lines in this post? Any advertising? Paid shill maybe?

JSRS6
December 16th, 2010, 20:44
Nice signature dave, lol. I think we could probably do some datalogging. I am also trying to get us some dragstrip time at old dominion speedway in manassas. ;-)

DHall1
December 16th, 2010, 20:54
This is what you get for trying. Making an effort. Trying to help. Getting involved. Giving credit and playing fair.

The dyno day sounds like a great time. If you all pay my ticket, I will fly out and tune all your cars for free. Oh, is that advertising? haha

MaxRS6
December 16th, 2010, 21:32
Mop & Glo to get the streamline effect you need cutting through the wind in the dyno room. Gotta be good for a couple of horses.

I hope Mr. Clean doesn't get angry- LOL

BTW- Back on Topic- I'm jealous and sounds like a great get-together. I look forward to pics/comments/results!

http://dljh1964.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/greenhealth_06_mrclean.jpg

speedtrapped
December 16th, 2010, 21:36
Josh thanks for the look and I will be there....

speedtrapped
December 16th, 2010, 21:37
I'm jealous.

Will there be any data logging going on?

Be careful about "advertising" as "people" are watching and complaining.

Did I cross any lines in this post? Any advertising? Paid shill maybe?
Your a star in my book Dave...too bad I wont be staying long enough in glendale to hang

DHall1
December 16th, 2010, 22:41
You guys are just jealous of my Mop n Glow shine.

Proctor and Gamble pay me a nickel for every time I plug their products.

Mop and Glow

Mop and Glow

Mr Clean

Mr Clean

nistah
December 28th, 2010, 05:32
sounds like fun, I will be there

JSRS6
January 3rd, 2011, 18:19
Ok everyone. I finally got ahold of the owner, and we are set for the 15th. Shop opens at 0900. The address is in the first post. And we are getting a great deal on this, $45/car. This includes a/f, and 4-5 pulls. Hope everyone is ready!

speedtrapped
January 3rd, 2011, 18:22
Nice Job Josh! looking forward to it.....

JSRS6
January 3rd, 2011, 18:26
And if you are attending, and havent gotten with me, please do so.

Send me a quick text(757-275-6757) with your forum name and real name. Or if you prefer, PM me on here.

JSRS6
January 5th, 2011, 11:38
So far we have confirmed:

1. Myself
2. Speedtrapped
3. Stephencl
4. Nistah
5. Fraba

And the unconfirmed:
6. Cornerswell
7. Holiday
8. M5-Eater
9. Bobski? You gonna make it?

JSRS6
January 12th, 2011, 15:22
Bump! The time is near...

Fraba
January 12th, 2011, 15:32
I've been waiting on some BND oil and ACES. I wanted to do a before and after dyno run with the ACES "tune." Doesn't look good...getting it in time, that is. I've been waiting for well over a month.

M5 Eater
January 12th, 2011, 15:59
What time on the 15th are we all meeting up?

JSRS6
January 12th, 2011, 16:51
The shop opens at 9, so I was gonna be there around then to meet the owner. So basically anytime after that. Unless anyone has any objections, how does pizza sound for lunch at the shop? Maybe a case of beer as well?

DHall1
January 12th, 2011, 17:10
You could get 3oz of Aces from another member there at the dyno. The problem is you need to fill the Aces and drive the car. It wont take effect the second you put the stuff in the tank. The best way to test is with a ecu reset and drive the car.

Options

1. Dyno the car first completely stock.
2. Get car off dyno and add Aces along with gas to allow it time to mix.
3. Reset the ecu.
4. Go drive the car for 30min
5. Come back to dyno and let car cool.
6. Dyno again with Aces

I've been waiting on some BND oil and ACES. I wanted to do a before and after dyno run with the ACES "tune." Doesn't look good...getting it in time, that is. I've been waiting for well over a month.

M5 Eater
January 12th, 2011, 18:32
I will be there around 0930. Adult beverages always fit no matter what you're doing so pizza and beer sounds good.

ben916
January 12th, 2011, 18:41
There had better be photos AND videos...

speedtrapped
January 12th, 2011, 18:55
Josh I will bring my laptop, and cable....and my iphone does decent video

JSRS6
January 12th, 2011, 19:01
OUR iPhones take great video, cmon.

JSRS6
January 12th, 2011, 19:02
There had better be photos AND videos...

of course ben, too bad you can't come out...there will be beer, lol

hahnmgh63
January 12th, 2011, 19:07
I see they are using a Dynojet. Does anyone know how much higher Dynojets usually read over the Mustang Dyno's? I may get mine on a Mustang today or very soon and would like comparison. There is a AWD Dynojet not too far from the Mustang Dynot but I've always heard that the Mustang's are more realistic?

speedtrapped
January 12th, 2011, 19:09
my dynojet back in oct with only EC/MTM tune bone everything else was 401 whp......but my mustang dyno same mods +milltek catback was 370whp

speedtrapped
January 12th, 2011, 19:10
the good thing about saturday is there will be several stock cars, so we will be able to get good compares

hahnmgh63
January 12th, 2011, 19:19
That looks like about an 8% difference, really a fair amount. Enough to mask small problems but not large ones I would think?

Stephencl
January 12th, 2011, 19:19
my dynojet back in oct with only EC/MTM tune bone everything else was 401 whp......but my mustang dyno same mods +milltek catback was 370whp

Thats about right.....Dynojets tend to read 10-15 % higher than mustangs...at least that has been my experience over the years.

Cant wait to see all you guys...

Stephen

Fraba
January 12th, 2011, 19:42
@Dave,

Understood.

DHall1
January 12th, 2011, 19:50
Very correct. This may be the most important fact. Tuned cars will compare with other tuned cars and stock cars the same. Then to compare various tuned cars against the stock baseline cars.

Please take good vids and data log everything.

May be the best showing of RS6s in a testing environment ever done in the US.

Hmmm, this has me thinking. Maybe we should do this over on the left coast? How many RS6s could we get? I think we need to do it.

the good thing about saturday is there will be several stock cars, so we will be able to get good compares

ben916
January 12th, 2011, 19:57
Very correct. This may be the most important fact. Tuned cars will compare with other tuned cars and stock cars the same. Then to compare various tuned cars against the stock baseline cars.

Please take good vids and data log everything.

May be the best showing of RS6s in a testing environment ever done in the US.

Hmmm, this has me thinking. Maybe we should do this over on the left coast? How many RS6s could we get? I think we need to do it.

ooo oooo! OO!OOO!!OOO!! Mr. Carter!!!! OOO!!!

M5 Eater
January 12th, 2011, 20:27
I have a 14 MP camera that takes HD video so we're good.

I might not dyno mine, she is a little sick but I'm curious to see what I would post. It goes into the shop on Monday so if anything does go wrong, I guess I could just have it towed to the dealer. (I'll think about it) If she does break, I'll need a ride home! LOL

JSRS6
January 12th, 2011, 20:39
Gosh, look what I started!

Holiday
January 13th, 2011, 01:46
I'll be in DC this weekend, and may have time to swing by...

speedtrapped
January 13th, 2011, 02:00
hey Josh, just throwing this out there, but i spoke with Jerry and if the stock guys get a hankering, Jerry can set me up with the Tune installer during dyno day.......I wouldnt mind helping Jerry out and getting some stock guys to step to dark side......Eurocharged,,,,,ooops I swear I am not pushing just offerring-I am an unpaid spokeperson....

DHall1
January 13th, 2011, 02:02
Hehe

To the corner Speedtrapped.

The last time I checked it was still a free country. Anyone can show up on dyno day. APR, Fluidmotion, Pat, you, me, my uncle Sam and even dare I say mr viper.

speedtrapped
January 13th, 2011, 02:06
worms O can Dave, worms O can......

ben916
January 13th, 2011, 04:08
The last time I checked it was still a free country. Anyone can show up on dyno day. APR, Fluidmotion, Pat, you, me, my uncle Sam and even dare I say mr viper.

Yeah and dork boy might show up uninvited to your funeral, wait it's a dyno day - my mistake, and make a mockery of your event and make a political spin of it...

DHall1
January 13th, 2011, 04:23
Why indeed the Fed is our friend. What other US company would hand out P-PIP funds of 100% fiat paper to the tune of 2.5 trillion to US and foreign banks in return for junk securities. 800 Billion to DB and Credit Suisse alone. But please we all need to sit around the campfire and pass the crack pipe.

Yeah and dork boy might show up uninvited to your funeral, wait it's a dyno day - my mistake, and make a mockery of your event and make a political spin of it...

speedtrapped
January 13th, 2011, 12:51
Ok on dyno day and I spoke to Josh, Jerry from Eurocharged authorized $499 price for stage 1 flash if any stock participants are interested. You can pay by paypal or CC(If we have takers we can set it up that you would contact EC to provide info). Dion from Drive Autoworks(my mechanic) is a EC reseller and has the flash loader(master) and will lend it to me for saturday. It takes about 10 minutes to flash, but set up is about 30 minutes.

Stephencl
January 13th, 2011, 15:15
I can also talk to Jerry about bringing my unit..I spoke to Dion as well this week. I am going to take my car up there for service in February.

Stephen

speedtrapped
January 13th, 2011, 15:21
aahhh Dion told me about ya...he is a good guy....our units cant flash other cars, it has to be master unit like Dion's. Dion wants to come down with me, w/ or w/o flashes done. He is a big RS6 enthuist, bought another one recently that he is planning on shooting up w/ steriods

M5 Eater
January 13th, 2011, 15:39
Speedtrapped - Quick question, If I do decide to get the Eurocharged flash can I do it without a current TCU flash and then get the TCU done at a later time?

Ok on dyno day and I spoke to Josh, Jerry from Eurocharged authorized $499 price for stage 1 flash if any stock participants are interested. You can pay by paypal or CC(If we have takers we can set it up that you would contact EC to provide info). Dion from Drive Autoworks(my mechanic) is a EC reseller and has the flash loader(master) and will lend it to me for saturday. It takes about 10 minutes to flash, but set up is about 30 minutes.

JSRS6
January 13th, 2011, 15:42
Speedtrapped - Quick question, If I do decide to get the Eurocharged flash can I do it without a current TCU flash and then get the TCU done at a later time?

Technically, yes. But it's highly inadvisable.

ttboost

Most here will advise to get the TCU done first, and it's only $125 and really makes a difference on how the car drives and shifts..

speedtrapped
yes, but I would suggest you take the tcu out next day and ship it to hoppen, $167 includes shipping cant be beat.....watch the dynos w/ Eurocharge, u will want it.....just a fan, not a paid spokes person

DHall1
January 13th, 2011, 15:54
No better place to watch, learn, ride and look over the data logs from several other RS6s in one place at one time.

TCU flash is a must but you could always drive the car easy after the flash and send the TCU to Hoppen asap next week when you get back home.

M5 Eater
January 13th, 2011, 16:08
I would get it done this weekend but it goes in for the 75K next week and I don't know how hard the dealer will ride the car. Or...... I could do it and have the dealer drop the trans while test driving it, that way I get a new trans out of the deal. LOL

I would love to get the Eurocharge now but it looks like I will have to wait until I get it back from the dealer and pull the TCU and then get the Eurocharge. :(

ttboost
January 13th, 2011, 16:11
I would love to get the Eurocharge now but it looks like I will have to wait until I get it back from the dealer and pull the TCU and then get the Eurocharge. :(

That is a good plan...be patient, it will be worth it...

Holiday
January 13th, 2011, 17:36
hey Josh, just throwing this out there, but i spoke with Jerry and if the stock guys get a hankering, Jerry can set me up with the Tune installer during dyno day.......I wouldnt mind helping Jerry out and getting some stock guys to step to dark side......Eurocharged,,,,,ooops I swear I am not pushing just offerring-I am an unpaid spokeperson....

You have 1 flash sold here; count me in.

speedtrapped
January 13th, 2011, 17:46
hey Josh, last thing i want to do is piss off the Dyno guy, would you mind asking him if we can flash a couple of cars? 10 minutes per, but wifi and electric outlet needed

JSRS6
January 13th, 2011, 19:07
I'll ask him. I will have wifi through my iPhone, already taken care of.

MaxRS6
January 13th, 2011, 19:57

Ditto- I enjoy the BND products- However; lately the delivery time has been extended on recent orders. They also seem to be having issues with their email server. Waiting a month to receive motor oil is too long. I hope BND improves their turn around time on orders.

ben916
January 13th, 2011, 23:20
Ditto- I enjoy the BND products- However; lately the delivery time has been extended on recent orders. They also seem to be having issues with their email server. Waiting a month to receive motor oil is too long. I hope BND improves their turn around time on orders.

+1 on that...

hahnmgh63
January 14th, 2011, 00:40
Had the same problem on my previous order for Aces with BND so I solved it by ordering 4 gallons, so he discounted it too.

M5 Eater
January 14th, 2011, 00:58
I just placed an order last week and it was shipped out yesterday. It was delayed a few days due to gaskets not coming with the trans filter, that is one of the issues when you're dealing with a third party. Brian has to deal with their discrepancies which effects his shipping date.

All in all, I think that Brian provides a great product at a great price, so if he has to delay an order a few days due to vendor issues it seems like a small price to pay for such a product, IMHO.

V8weight
January 14th, 2011, 01:55
I had the same problem, last month I .......Gasp!......went over on my oil change waiting 4 weeks for my oil to show up. I'm one of those OCD types that like's to change it at 85k, 90k, etc. on the dot. Between the crap filters and the extended wait times, I may end up going back to my Lubro Moly.

M5 Eater
January 14th, 2011, 15:04
V8weight - Check for a PM

DHall1
January 14th, 2011, 15:26
I will not run anything but Audi or Mann filters.

Dot, dot, dot, dot. Been one year to the dot since the timing belt party last year. Still dont have 5k on the oil but I guess I better change it again.

75 and sunny all thru this weekend and next week for Barrett Jackson.

I had the same problem, last month I .......Gasp!......went over on my oil change waiting 4 weeks for my oil to show up. I'm one of those OCD types that like's to change it at 85k, 90k, etc. on the dot. Between the crap filters and the extended wait times, I may end up going back to my Lubro Moly.

speedtrapped
January 14th, 2011, 15:33
jealous, frigid here.....burrr, sending u a text Dave

ben916
January 14th, 2011, 18:56
I will not run anything but Audi or Mann filters.
Dot, dot, dot, dot. Been one year to the dot since the timing belt party last year. Still dont have 5k on the oil but I guess I better change it again.
75 and sunny all thru this weekend and next week for Barrett Jackson.

Maybe next year will be another Timing belt party?? hint hint nudge nudge...

EDIT: 69F
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=San%20Diego,%20California&wuSelect=WEATHER

speedtrapped
January 14th, 2011, 20:09
Josh- I am in possesion of the "football".........

DHall1
January 14th, 2011, 20:11
Dammit!

You guys are going to have too much damn fun.

Dammit.

Josh- I am in possesion of the "football".........

speedtrapped
January 14th, 2011, 20:14
:race::incar::revs:........:rs6kiss:

M5 Eater
January 14th, 2011, 22:20
See all of you tomorrow morning. I have the camera w/ HD video charged and a blank 16GB SD all ready to go.

marklar182
January 15th, 2011, 00:23
I am sooooo jealous :(

Have fun and good luck guys!

JSRS6
January 15th, 2011, 01:00
T-13h to the event. Hope everyone is ready. For those that are dynoing, but not tuning, will probably get 5 runs. Those that are test and tuning will get 2 stock, time to flash, and 2 flashed. We will be datalogging every run. And those that aren't doing either, I'm looking forward to riding in the TT( you know who you are). Seriously though, there will be pizza and beer for all(donations are appreciated). And Stephen has the eurocharged "football", so if anyone wants some extra juice, we can make it happen.

ttboost
January 15th, 2011, 01:04
Maybe you guys could plot all the different tunes on the same dyno sheet to compare curves? Obviously it would be nice to know how much boost each tune is running to be fair.

MaxRS6
January 15th, 2011, 01:50
Add me to the incredibly jealous list....

JSRS6
January 15th, 2011, 02:51
Maybe you guys could plot all the different tunes on the same dyno sheet to compare curves? Obviously it would be nice to know how much boost each tune is running to be fair.

As you wish...I'll see what Dave can do ;-)

DHall1
January 15th, 2011, 05:11
EC tune is very conservative on the boost. I have posted my full data logs and graphs. The combo of nice timing curve, proper fueling and modest boost level really make the car move. This is not a crank the boost and let her rip flash. There may be some mid range room to grow. Dyno should tell that story tomorrow.

ben916
January 15th, 2011, 06:36
... so if anyone wants some extra juice, we can make it happen.

did someone bring the ACES?
Hopefully you have a media person...

ttboost
January 15th, 2011, 11:32
EC tune is very conservative on the boost. I have posted my full data logs and graphs. The combo of nice timing curve, proper fueling and modest boost level really make the car move. This is not a crank the boost and let her rip flash. There may be some mid range room to grow. Dyno should tell that story tomorrow.

Thanks Dave. I have heard that the RS6 wastegates are basically maxxed from the factory, and incapable of running more than 1 bar of boost or so? Has anyone gotten to the wastegates and tried to max them out? What boost are most people running?

DHall1
January 15th, 2011, 16:03
The big man throws down the hammer at 408hp/466tq to the wheels. All the sheep are buzzing.

Speedtrapped takes the early lead. The data log was a thing of beauty. Boost curve nice and flat and timing advance like I have never seen before.

Aces? Doh

Let the games begin. There is 15hp on the table but the outside temps are cold back there. 408 is a nice number and the dyno graphs should be fun to inspect.

TT-max EC boost is 1 bar at 3200-4500rpm then slight taper down to .84bar at redline. Full boost to 1 bar by 3150rpm. The car is bad fast because the timing map is fantastic. Just as a side by side, Revo maxes out the boost across the band to 1.2 bar and the car will actually hit it and overboost in the midrange to 1.3bar BUT and this is a big BUT the timing map suffers badly and Revo runs 10-18degrees less timing across the board. That is huge and when Mark gets a second I want him to log EGT values on his car because they may be too high. Mark has the Revo tuned car.

MaxRS6
January 15th, 2011, 16:18
Why do sheep buzz?

http://www.captionmachine.com/photos/47.jpg

DHall1
January 15th, 2011, 18:06
Stephencl steps up with 404hp to the wheels.

The big man is still on top.

Max-the sheep are buzzing not squeeling. We all know what the buzz is about but I say anything then you know what happens.

IC cool down spray on the last run of each car but really it only acts to maintain the same numbers as the first runs because it just keeps heat soak out.

ben916
January 15th, 2011, 18:34
Stephencl steps up with 404hp to the wheels.

The big man is still on top.

Max-the sheep are buzzing not squeeling. We all know what the buzz is about but I say anything then you know what happens.

Are they spraying the I/Cs with water?

DHall1
January 16th, 2011, 00:36
421hp/505tq to the wheels.

Insane spool, tons of fuel, lots of timing. She is a throttle response monster running nice safe EGTs.

speedtrapped
January 16th, 2011, 03:32
Logs,data, and video coming soon.....Ty Josh great event, met 8 fantastic RS6(including a sweet TT in the mix) owners today, Dave, let the ECU adapt, and maybe more comes from the stage2???!!!... Btw all M5 Eater is driving one nasty beast.

CornersWell
January 16th, 2011, 04:02
Obvious by now, but I didn't get there. Sorry. While putting on my snows this morning, I noticed grease on the inner wheel rim. Ripped CV boot joint. Typical. Car is at HBL. Hope everyone had fun, though.

CW

JSRS6
January 16th, 2011, 04:13
Obvious by now, but I didn't get there. Sorry. While putting on my snows this morning, I noticed grease on the inner wheel rim. Ripped CV boot joint. Typical. Car is at HBL. Hope everyone had fun, though.

CW

We were all sorry to have missed you today. We are gonna do this again sometime in June I think. And yeah, it's always something. On the way to the event today, either the turn signal stalk or the turn signal/hazard relay started going bad. I'm betting it's the stalk.

JSRS6
January 16th, 2011, 04:20
Logs,data, and video coming soon.....Ty Josh great event, met 8 fantastic RS6(including a sweet TT in the mix) owners today, Dave, let the ECU adapt, and maybe more comes from the stage2???!!!... Btw all M5 Eater is driving one nasty beast.

Yeah, this stage 2 tune is retarded fast. I am extremely happy with it. Will try and get the throttle body adaptation done Monday. Had a great time today, met a bunch of great guys. Looking forward to the next get together.

M5 Eater
January 16th, 2011, 17:06
I had a great time yesterday! It doesn't matter what group you fall into, when you get great guys like I met yesterday in one room who love RS6's as much as I do it spells A G-R-E-A-T D-A-Y . Thanks Josh for setting that up and we will deff have to do it again this summer.

I'm currently editing the video and will be sending them out shortly, I will be sending the pics out today. There are a few emails that I didn't get so Froba and Stephencl, if you could send me your email addresses I will make sure that I get those to you.

marklar182
January 16th, 2011, 17:38
Make sure those pics and vids get on here too!!!!!!

Cant wait to see the logs and numbers.

We need to get the Texas guys together and do this. Are you listening Steve @ Autoscope? They have twin in-ground AWD Mustang dynos so we can knock out 2 cars at once!

DHall1
January 16th, 2011, 18:01
I have 1/2 the footballs. In my hands the dyno vag com data logs from all the runs.

Same day, same dyno. Stock, flashed, dyno numbers, graphs, more data logs, dyno runs. The mountain of data is towering.

Waiting on the dyno charts to go along with each data log.

Never before has this many RS6s come down upon one location to gather data, run logs, run dynos ect. Never before at one spot on one day. Wow, the guys all did a great job and collected so much data its unreal. The guys at the dyno shop must have been impressed with the repeated performance of each and every RS6. Amazing.

Aronis
January 16th, 2011, 18:31
421hp/505tq to the wheels.

Insane spool, tons of fuel, lots of timing. She is a throttle response monster running nice safe EGTs.

DHall1, you list Eurocharged ECU and MTM, is that all the mod's you did to get 421 at the wheels??

Mike

ben916
January 16th, 2011, 18:59
I have 1/2 the footballs. In my hands the dyno vag com data logs from all the runs.

Same day, same dyno. Stock, flashed, dyno numbers, graphs, more data logs, dyno runs. The mountain of data is towering.

Never before has this many RS6s come down upon one location to gather data, run logs, run dynos ect. Never before at one spot on one day. Wow, the guys all did a great job and collected so much data its unreal. The guys at the dyno shop must have been impressed with the repeated performance of each and every RS6. Amazing.

Isn't 8 RS6's in one place the US record?
There were 7 at one time on the West Coast (prior to many of us owning)
West Coast needs a GTG and Dyno run location!!!!

DHall1
January 16th, 2011, 19:16
Ben-yes we need to start working on it. hang on over there.

Mike-it was Speedtrapped who put down the 421/506 run. He has intercooler upgraded and gutted primary cats along with stage 2 EC flash. Just the stage 1 EC ecu flash and MTM tcu flash on a bone stock RS6 was over 400/466 to the wheels. But, most importantly will be the hp curve in midrange and above stock. Hang tight for those details.

JSRS6
January 16th, 2011, 19:23

They were very impressed.

JSRS6
January 16th, 2011, 19:26

Hehe, we are gonna try for at least 10 this summer. if bobski and CW had been able to attend, we would have had 10. Next time we will HAVE to start at 9.

M5 Eater
January 16th, 2011, 20:01
Here are a few of the group photos from dyno day. We're minus stephencl in these photos, he showed up after these were taken.

M5 Eater
January 16th, 2011, 20:19
Here are a few more and the number 1 run of the day! :applause::addict:

Holiday
January 16th, 2011, 20:50
I think it was a terrific time, for all who attended. Great cars, great numbers, but the best part about the day was the caliber of guys that showed up. Great meeting all of you, and I hope to see you all again at the next event! By far and away, MVP of the day goes to Josh for putting this whole thing together, and then selflessly choosing to dyno his own car last. Not to mention installing my forged billet diverter valves! You're the man!

The drive up from California, MD took me about 1.5 hrs, and the ride back 45 minutes! Although I was light on the throttle on the way back (no MTM TCU yet), I might have muttered "Hooly shi#t" the first time I pushed in the throttle; it'll "wow" you, and I don't consider myself easily "wow'ed". My biggest fear was that the new ECU tune would cause the car to be less "behaved", with idle oscillations/hunting, mid-throttle fuel flow hesitation, etc. Happy to report that I've not experienced any of those things- the car literally drives just...like...stock; no drive-ability tradeoffs whatsoever. Without question- the best $500 I've spent on the car, yet. I look forward to receiving my MTM TCU upgrade next week. And so it begins...

Enjoyed it, Gents.

-R

Fraba
January 16th, 2011, 21:02
A Beastly day... I'm sorry I had to roll out early. My learning curve was very high. I also echo what Holiday says about the EC tune. Smooth as silk.... but also driving very gently.

Thanks Josh and Stephen for setting up the shindig and your efforts all day.

Pete

speedtrapped
January 16th, 2011, 22:04
Yeeehaaaa!!!!!, holiday lights the candle! Feels like rockets....or thrust holiday....pleasure hanging with u all. Fraba bummed I did wanted to see your face for the after. Dyno, but I'm sure u were smiling on way home. Btw, when I got home I reset tb adaption with my vag pretty easy, a little more snap on the initial take off. Also fraba, look at the adaptation thread it explains kick down reset, which u may need, ur car was kicking down pretty easy. If u have a vag it's easy. Still Josh m5, were all still curious who's special sauce u have.....when the logs come out, Dave has looked, ur running a little lean. Not my area of expertise so let's see ten data and see what experts report. Be safe m5 on your next tour.

skribe
January 16th, 2011, 22:27
Jealous, jealous. At least my packers destroyed the dirty birds last night...

Chicago this spring? Maybe get that FMU-built monster on the rollers...

V8weight
January 17th, 2011, 01:47

I'd come out to Chicago if there was interest in a get together.

ben916
January 17th, 2011, 02:37

I would like to see that RS600 on the rolly rollers, sausage boy...

JSRS6
January 17th, 2011, 02:44
I would like to see that RS600 on the rolly rollers, sausage boy...

I was just thinking the same thing thing today ben, minus the sausage comment...

JSRS6
January 17th, 2011, 02:56
I think it was a terrific time, for all who attended. Great cars, great numbers, but the best part about the day was the caliber of guys that showed up. Great meeting all of you, and I hope to see you all again at the next event! By far and away, MVP of the day goes to Josh for putting this whole thing together, and then selflessly choosing to dyno his own car last. Not to mention installing my forged billet diverter valves! You're the man!

The drive up from California, MD took me about 1.5 hrs, and the ride back 45 minutes! Although I was light on the throttle on the way back (no MTM TCU yet), I might have muttered "Hooly shi#t" the first time I pushed in the throttle; it'll "wow" you, and I don't consider myself easily "wow'ed". My biggest fear was that the new ECU tune would cause the car to be less "behaved", with idle oscillations/hunting, mid-throttle fuel flow hesitation, etc. Happy to report that I've not experienced any of those things- the car literally drives just...like...stock; no drive-ability tradeoffs whatsoever. Without question- the best $500 I've spent on the car, yet. I look forward to receiving my MTM TCU upgrade next week. And so it begins...

Enjoyed it, Gents.

-R

The kind words are much appreciated, Ross. And I was happy to do it, I thoroughly enjoy working on cars, especially ours. I see the mod bug has indeed bitten you. Be warned, there are temporary treatments, but no cure.

ben916
January 17th, 2011, 07:49
I was just thinking the same thing thing today ben, minus the sausage comment...

All in good fun! RuPaul knows I am messing with him in a purely plutonic way.
Stage 2???

JSRS6
January 17th, 2011, 11:23
Yes, stage 2 tune. It's even better.

JSRS6
January 17th, 2011, 12:46
Yes, stage 2 tune. It's even better.

How much better you may ask? Taking off from a stop sign at about 3/4 throttle in an anonymous industrial park this morning, my ESP light started flashing like crazy. Car was warmed up, as were the tires. Dry pavement, no debris. Just gobs of torque.

Fraba
January 17th, 2011, 16:59
PM sent....thanks.

I had a great time yesterday! It doesn't matter what group you fall into, when you get great guys like I met yesterday in one room who love RS6's as much as I do it spells A G-R-E-A-T D-A-Y . Thanks Josh for setting that up and we will deff have to do it again this summer.

I'm currently editing the video and will be sending them out shortly, I will be sending the pics out today. There are a few emails that I didn't get so Froba and Stephencl, if you could send me your email addresses I will make sure that I get those to you.

speedtrapped
January 17th, 2011, 17:24
Josh I sent u the dyno jegpeg of all cars, Dave has as well

nistah
January 17th, 2011, 17:39
This was my first RS6 event and let me say that it highly exceeded my expectations, it was a great turnout & even greater group of guys. Super huge thanks to Josh and Steve for setting everthing up & to Moore Automotive for getting us acccomodated. As a new RS6 owner, it was great to meet folks from the RS6 enthusiast community & I enjoyed learning more about what people are doing wih their RS6's.

My hat comes off to all of the millitary folks in our ranks, thanks for keeping our county safe! Cannot wait till the next get together.

JSRS6
January 17th, 2011, 18:43
Josh I sent u the dyno jegpeg of all cars, Dave has as well

I got them. Thanks Stephen. For some reason Dave couldn't see them. I resent the jpeg files in a new email and all is well. Nistah is running a little lean, and m5-eater is more lean than nistah. I'm a little rich. We can see some more gains with another update based on the logs.

DHall1
January 17th, 2011, 18:55
The lean condition on M5 and Nista is slight. They may want to look into updating the current flashes they have. Which could be a problem becuase they are unknown. More data logs and effort need to be invested into that situation. That said, they are running great and making lots of power but I would not go out on the Texas mile with that setup. IMHO

MORS6
January 17th, 2011, 22:24
Ben-yes we need to start working on it. hang on over there.

Mike-it was Speedtrapped who put down the 421/506 run. He has intercooler upgraded and gutted primary cats along with stage 2 EC flash. Just the stage 1 EC ecu flash and MTM tcu flash on a bone stock RS6 was over 400/466 to the wheels. But, most importantly will be the hp curve in midrange and above stock. Hang tight for those details.

Is there evidence of performance improvement from the Wagner intercoolers?

PALETTE
January 17th, 2011, 22:45
Is there evidence of performance improvement from the Wagner intercoolers?

+1 i want to know that as well

ttboost
January 17th, 2011, 22:55
+1 i want to know that as well

Too late for you...

speedtrapped
January 18th, 2011, 00:49
honestly, i did not dyno with wagners, this dyno had gutted dp/test...last dyno in september(dynojet) i was stoc except for eurocharge, and made 401hp, now my last flash u guys see what i put down, but hard to isolate wagners

speedtrapped
January 18th, 2011, 00:52
I got them. Thanks Stephen. For some reason Dave couldn't see them. I resent the jpeg files in a new email and all is well. Nistah is running a little lean, and m5-eater is more lean than nistah. I'm a little rich. We can see some more gains with another update based on the logs.

more gains, aah oohh....doing snow next month, now its likely i will posting a thread somewhere down road that my tranny is kaput....

ttboost
January 18th, 2011, 00:55
It wasn't the same dyno either? Your new numbers are fairly consistant with my tuners Mustang dyno. His dyno is consistantly 12% lower reading than a Dynojet (tested with a few cars) A well tuned car on his dyno is 360-370 awhp or so, which seems to be right in line with you guys. I would still love to see all these curves though:)

ttboost
January 18th, 2011, 00:57
more gains, aah oohh....doing snow next month, now its likely i will posting a thread somewhere down road that my tranny is kaput....

Yeah, I'll be doing a converter soon just to mitigate the tranny demise...I have no issues...yet, but I do have the 17125 code, but never had a CEL. Preventative, but inevitable.

ttboost
January 18th, 2011, 00:58

I will probably do another Aquamist kit.

Holiday
January 18th, 2011, 01:54
Stephen- thanks for the jpegs! Josh, really appreciate the photos and video.

Don't want to jump the gun here, but can anyone explain the following spikes in the RPM band:

a) 3.4k spike on flashed numbers (only)

b) 4.8k spike on ALL numbers (both pre/post flash)

Very pleased with both the peak numbers, and the unholy 400 awtq by 3k rpm's! :fastm:

DHall1
January 18th, 2011, 02:05
You reach full boost at 3400 with this flash. Thus, you will see the spike with the flash graph only.

Don't want to jump the gun here, but can anyone explain the following spikes in the RPM band:

Very pleased with both the peak numbers, and the unholy 400 awtq by 3k rpm's! :fastm:

speedtrapped
January 18th, 2011, 02:05
here mike, my second dyno, end of day stage2 w/ added boost

DHall1
January 18th, 2011, 02:46
I can only tell the peeps that the data logs that went along with Speedtrapped and his Stage 2 flash dyno runs were pure sweetness. The second and third pulls were butter smooth in all phases...boost, fuel and timing. It gets no better.

I will make up some fancy graphs for ya when I get time but we are in Scottsdale for the rest of the week. Barrett Jackson baby and golf across the street.

Speedtrapped is putting 300 wheel hp to the ground at 3300rpm. 400 wheel hp to the ground at 4800 rpm. 3300 rpm and 300hp to the wheels. Amazing. Literally. That car is fast. 16 psi boost by 3300 and pulling a stout 12 degrees of timing advance doing it. I mean it is out of sight.

Ponder those figures for a moment. :-)

M5 Eater
January 18th, 2011, 04:00
DHall1
I was wondering if you could take a look at my figures and give an opinion. I'm curious to see what what I could improve on.

Thanks,
M5 Eater

DHall1
January 18th, 2011, 04:44
PM sent.........and BTW you are overboosting. This could be one of the reasons why the car is a tad on the lean side. Not causing a huge problem yet but things could get out of hand quick if the leak gets larger. Focus on the N75 valve(cheap repair) and the vac lines running down to the turbos. I would just replace the N75 asap. Ask Josh what the N75 did to his boost curve.

Take a look between these two graphs. Very very close except one key component. Fuel.

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a476/drh11/Leve_RS6_Dyno_Runs.jpg

Speedtrapped rocking the house. You cant get much better than this one. Smooth as butter.

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a476/drh11/Sibilia_RS6_Dyno_Runs_2.jpg

DHall1
I was wondering if you could take a look at my figures and give an opinion. I'm curious to see what what I could improve on.

Thanks,
M5 Eater

PALETTE
January 18th, 2011, 15:06

very nice numbers!

DHall1
January 18th, 2011, 15:30
Take a look at the hp curve of Speedtrapped. See the nice smooth 420hp to the wheels plateau between 4800 and 6000 rpm? Think about that for a minute. Each gear shift change brings the rpm down in that range. How nice is it to have a pancake flat hp curve pulling after each gear change? Not bad for a mailorder flash. eh?

ttboost
January 18th, 2011, 15:40
Take a look at the hp curve of Speedtrapped. See the nice smooth 420hp to the wheels plateau between 4800 and 6000 rpm? Think about that for a minute. Each gear shift change brings the rpm down in that range. How nice is it to have a pancake flat hp curve pulling after each gear change? Not bad for a mailorder flash. eh?

That does look nice. What is the dip between 4k and 5k? If you draw a line, thats a 25-40hp temporary loss? Is that the ECU compensating for boost? Timing retard?

DHall1
January 18th, 2011, 15:50
Actually that range is just past full boost onset and peak torque. The hp line does not drop nor is timing getting pulled in the tune. The slope of the hp curve is not as steep but that can be expected. Boost is also steady. Timing starts to get increased and there comes the next move up in hp curve up to the 420hp/wheel range at 4800.

That does look nice. What is the dip between 4k and 5k? If you draw a line, thats a 25-40hp temporary loss? Is that the ECU compensating for boost? Timing retard?

ttboost
January 18th, 2011, 16:59
Gotcha...thanks Dave.

DHall1
January 18th, 2011, 17:19
Glad it made some sense. Hey you EPL guys need to throw us a bone with the logs, dyno or something. I think Speedtrapped is our man for the pbox 60-120 times or whatever the speeds were in that test. Should be some good info.

MaxRS6
January 18th, 2011, 18:07
I have one thing to say about this thread----

It shows again why Dave is a valuable asset to this site. He provides a ton of information supported by verifiable facts. I trust each of the moderators note his valuable contributions to requests and posts. This forum would be sorely lacking without his input and good fun.

speedtrapped
January 18th, 2011, 18:33
Max well said, Dave has been a huge help ever since I came to this site, he is a great guy.
X2.........

speedtrapped
January 18th, 2011, 18:33
I will order pbox, just don't tell the wife

ttboost
January 18th, 2011, 18:37

If you're worried about getting in trouble, as we all are, I can ship you mine...unless you think you will use it enough to justify your divor...well you know...

speedtrapped
January 18th, 2011, 18:42
Lol, well think I want run the S8 a bunch 2, so I could get enough use out of it.....need to relay jerrys S8 #'s as well, sick fast.....41 and I'm talking like a punk kid....I luv my cars

JSRS6
January 18th, 2011, 19:06

Be sure and bring that to the next dyno day! We will have to get the dc locals to scout a straight shot for us...

ttboost
January 18th, 2011, 19:10
Best thing about it is you just push the SD card in when you leave and just drive, if you happen to get an opportunity to rip, you'll have it recorded. You will be surprised at the data. It also gives you altitude, which may or may not be important to you, but if your best 0-60 is on a 6% decline...not as impressive as on a flat or 1% decline, etc...

JSRS6
January 18th, 2011, 19:14

Dont forget to change your sig!

speedtrapped
January 18th, 2011, 20:37
Be sure and bring that to the next dyno day! We will have to get the dc locals to scout a straight shot for us...

haha, straight shot in DC??? do u or I want to share with our friends what u were pushing in my RS6 at the end of the day on a 35mph street???? oh hell i tell em, Josh wanted to test my tranny(running BND) post new stage2....so we leave dyno, me in passenger seat and Josh opens the beast wide, pbox would of been awesome, butt dyno scared the hell out of me(i prefer to hold steering wheel), 0-100mph, in what seem to be an instant........Josh is an excellent driver. No thats not a reference to a movie

M5 Eater
January 18th, 2011, 20:53
I do know some places with nice flat straights in Northern VA, I would be happy to take you all there.

haha, straight shot in DC??? do u or I want to share with our friends what u were pushing in my RS6 at the end of the day on a 35mph street???? oh hell i tell em, Josh wanted to test my tranny(running BND) post new stage2....so we leave dyno, me in passenger seat and Josh opens the beast wide, 0-100MPH

I can confirm this statement as I was right behind them in my car. I tied to get Josh to slow down after the u-turn so we could run but he decided not to wait and all I heard were the millteks screaming! I would have kept up but I have issues with Fairfax County fuzz, they don't like me to much because I use my get out of jail free card.

speedtrapped
January 18th, 2011, 21:04
Ok, dropped the $ on pbox, interested in using it. Sounds like from ttboost and palette the device is easy to use., any takers on a 0-60mph run? I will make sure it's flat.

ttboost
January 18th, 2011, 21:12
Ok, dropped the $ on pbox, interested in using it. Sounds like from ttboost and palette the device is easy to use., any takers on a 0-60mph run? I will make sure it's flat.

Cool. I think you can still download the software from their website, so you can play before you get it., Takes a bit to get used to.
Call me if you have any questions.

MaxRS6
January 18th, 2011, 21:17
...any takers on a 0-60mph run? I will make sure it's flat.

Sure- I have a $100 bill for such a wager... :)

JSRS6
January 18th, 2011, 22:23
haha, straight shot in DC??? do u or I want to share with our friends what u were pushing in my RS6 at the end of the day on a 35mph street???? oh hell i tell em, Josh wanted to test my tranny(running BND) post new stage2....so we leave dyno, me in passenger seat and Josh opens the beast wide, pbox would of been awesome, butt dyno scared the hell out of me(i prefer to hold steering wheel), 0-100mph, in what seem to be an instant........Josh is an excellent driver. No thats not a reference to a movie

:hihi:...

JSRS6
January 18th, 2011, 22:25
I do know some places with nice flat straights in Northern VA, I would be happy to take you all there.

I can confirm this statement as I was right behind them in my car. I tied to get Josh to slow down after the u-turn so we could run but he decided not to wait and all I heard were the millteks screaming! I would have kept up but I have issues with Fairfax County fuzz, they don't like me to much because I use my get out of jail free card.

Haha, if by get out of jail free card you mean the thing i showed you in my car, then they wouldnt like me much either.

4everRS
January 18th, 2011, 22:49
As if this thread wasn't exciting enough! Plus, I was looking for a way to post in it to get the email notifications.

M5 Eater
January 18th, 2011, 23:09
Haha, if by get out of jail free card you mean the thing i showed you in my car, then they wouldnt like me much either.

lol.. No I don't have one of those "things", I would love to get one though. I'm good friends with the Fairfax County DA and last time they tried to get me with wreckless and racing, all I walked away with was a $35 fine for failure to obey a traffic sign.

JSRS6
January 19th, 2011, 00:31
Wow, you and Holiday are in the lucky circle for sure! He is on original DRC, his stock intercoolers dont leak, AND he put down great numbers stock and flashed!

M5 Eater
January 19th, 2011, 00:41
JSRS6- I just ordered an N75 Valve, diverter valves and a Vagcom. I want to see if that fixes the over boosting issue.

JSRS6
January 19th, 2011, 00:46
JSRS6- I just ordered an N75 Valve, diverter valves and a Vagcom. I want to see if that fixes the over boosting issue.

That's great! N75 is the most common cure. I'll be up Saturday if you need any help.

DHall1
January 19th, 2011, 02:07
One of the best threads in some time.

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a476/drh11/popcorn.jpg
As if this thread wasn't exciting enough! Plus, I was looking for a way to post in it to get the email notifications.

DonS
January 19th, 2011, 02:30
[QUOTE=DHall1;205772]One of the best threads in some time.
Agreed!

A Madison, WI Dyno Day doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, so we should schedule one in Chicago.

nistah
January 19th, 2011, 03:02
JSRS6, Speedtrapped & DHall etc. I know that my car was (like M5Eater's) also running slightly lean on dyno day. Can you all advise if I need to pick up an N75 Valve to solve that issue. Also can not recall if my intercoolers were leaking or not...

Another question: if I reflash to get a more even curve would I lose performance since other than the ECU flash my car is stock? Someone had advised that I had the orignal Eurocharged flash which while it was aggressive may have also had drawbacks

Any input appreciated.

Cheers,

4everRS
January 19th, 2011, 03:03
Hold on! I think that Madison is a great idea. This I would likely do. Chi town would be great, but it's like 8 hours from me. I would save over 3 hours each way to drive. Probably for another thread though.
[QUOTE=DHall1;205772]One of the best threads in some time.
Agreed!

A Madison, WI Dyno Day doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, so we should schedule one in Chicago.

DHall1
January 19th, 2011, 03:14
Your N75 is fine. Boost is tracking right along with requested.

Your car is only just very slightly lean. If your willing to send the ECU into Jerry then he will update your file for n/c.

I will PM my contact info.

JSRS6, Speedtrapped & DHall etc. I know that my car was (like M5Eater's) also running slightly lean on dyno day. Can you all advise if I need to pick up an N75 Valve to solve that issue. Also can not recall if my intercoolers were leaking or not...

Another question: if I reflash to get a more even curve would I lose performance since other than the ECU flash my car is stock? Someone had advised that I had the orignal Eurocharged flash which while it was aggressive may have also had drawbacks

Any input appreciated.

Cheers,

JSRS6
January 19th, 2011, 03:46

Any input appreciated.

Cheers,

What Dave said. Your car is probably just running lean due to the nature of your tune. M5-eater is getting a new N75 because he is overboosting. The n75 regulates the wastegates constantly during boosting. The wastegates are normally closed, and the n75 introduces a vacuum to the wastegate, opening it. If the N75 isn't working properly, your wastegates don't open all the time or in extreme cases at all, causing overboost. You don't have this problem. As for your intercoolers, look inside through the side grilles next to the fog lights. If you see oil caked on the bottom of the intercoolers, they are leaking. If there is no oil, it's still possible you are leaking, just not from the hot side. If you are interested, I have my set I took off when I replaced mine. I can seal them and pressure test by this weekend and drop them off when I'm up in dc.

DHall1
January 19th, 2011, 03:51
Nista has Fidelity ext warranty. I think

Most likely his ICs are ok because a large leak would make him run rich not lean.

V8weight
January 19th, 2011, 03:57
What are his specified lambda voltages? Is he running leaner than requested? A leak will cause a lean condition. What are his long and short term fuel trims (block 032)?

DHall1
January 19th, 2011, 04:52
So many questions.

Generally between .81 and .85 requested. Actual is running right at the requested with tad over(rich) in some spots. Example requested .825 and actual .83 and .84. But for the most part they are tracking exact.

Are you sure an IC leak would cause a lean condition?

32 block was not logged and I dont think Nista has a Vag.

What are his specified lambda voltages? Is he running leaner than requested? A leak will cause a lean condition. What are his long and short term fuel trims (block 032)?

marklar182
January 19th, 2011, 13:15
I would say intercooler leak=rich.
I'm not sure how the map sensor functions into this equation, but if the mafs read a certain volume of intake air, and some escapes along the way this would cause overfueling for the actual amount of air that reached the cylinder.

4everRS
January 19th, 2011, 15:05
Mark, I would say this is correct as dave has said also. Thinking about the plumbing, air first goes through the airbox, then MAF's, then down to the turbos, (this is now turning into a forcing of air rather than sucking), then through the IC's(under pressure), into the intake and heads(under pressure). A leak in the IC's should cause a rich condition.
I would say intercooler leak=rich.
I'm not sure how the map sensor functions into this equation, but if the mafs read a certain volume of intake air, and some escapes along the way this would cause overfueling for the actual amount of air that reached the cylinder.

MaxRS6
January 19th, 2011, 16:49

Hello??? Hello?? Hello?

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/jco/lowres/jcon288l.jpg

speedtrapped
January 19th, 2011, 17:09
hahaha...ok u only then, My $100 to yours, sub 4.00...when I get pbox in, and set it up, find a nice straight road, I will post results

MaxRS6
January 19th, 2011, 17:11
hahaha...ok u only then, My $100 to yours, sub 4.00...when I get pbox in, and set it up, find a nice straight road, I will post results

Yahoooo! Will you be driving your RS6 or will you have another pilot ripping it off the line?

speedtrapped
January 19th, 2011, 17:21
no need for added weight.....I weigh 245lbs.......

MaxRS6
January 19th, 2011, 17:25
LOL- Great- Write the check.

I'll be asking to borrow Palette's Porsche. If that doesn't work, I'll bring the crotch rocket... :)

I never said I'd be in my RS6...http://www.3gun.se/images/smilies/2gun2.gif

j/k- sounds like you got a fast machine and I look forward to your results. I'll be at TWS in Feb and will have access to high octane. I'll do a couple of runs for good fun comparitive purposes.

M5 Eater
January 19th, 2011, 21:35

Sub 4.00!?! Is that 0-60 times or something else? If your running sub 4's that is just sick! Me likey!!!!

M5 Eater
January 19th, 2011, 22:04
That's great! N75 is the most common cure. I'll be up Saturday if you need any help.

I hope to get the parts in by this weekend but most likely they won't be here until Mon. or Tues. next week. If I do have questions trust me, I will deff hit you up.

If you want to get together and ride while you're up here let me know, I should be free.

ben916
January 19th, 2011, 22:50
Sub 4.00!?! Is that 0-60 times or something else? If your running sub 4's that is just sick! Me likey!!!!

I seem to remember that only one person has made the C5 RS6 go sub 4sec 0-60mph - Prosbt in the Champion Motorsports RS6 6sp manual.
Also there is that Cornishmoocher UK dude that never comes back here in like decades that made his Avant sound wicked and I believed it was MRC'ed...

Also didn't Pat have VAGINA-COM'ed his at 4.2 or was it 4.1 with the Viper tune? (no, I don't collect royalties off that :) )

JSRS6
January 20th, 2011, 00:36
If I remember correctly, the champion racing rs6 ran a 2.9s 0-100km.

ben916
January 20th, 2011, 00:52
Benman just posted an article about it from Car and Driver... I am unable to find it in my shortcuts... must search...

JSRS6
January 20th, 2011, 00:58
Benman just posted an article about it from Car and Driver... I am unable to find it in my shortcuts... must search...

My bad ben, it was 2.7s by Galati.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/04q3/scca_speed_world_challenge_grand_touring_class-feature/champion_racing_audi_rs_6_page_4

MaxRS6
January 20th, 2011, 01:10
Here is my thread with approx 4.0 0-60 times from dead stop running 93 gas and before I began using Aces.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20098-Update-0-60-in-4.0-and-4.1-Vag-Log-shown?highlight=0+-+60

It seems like I ran it a couple of times this summer and it was in the 4.2 to 4.3 range. I've had some days it was in the 4.4 or 4.5 range. Heck- obviously a lot of it is the driver's ability to launch and conditions.. I'm no expert. I just like to check once in a while to verify it still is in normal operating range with this nut behind the wheel. I think all of us - that frequent this forum and maintain our mutual beasts- have some pretty decent running cars that are all within a reasonable range of each other.

Elevens
January 20th, 2011, 01:29
I seem to remember that only one person has made the C5 RS6 go sub 4sec 0-60mph - Prosbt in the Champion Motorsports RS6 6sp manual.
Also there is that Cornishmoocher UK dude that never comes back here in like decades that made his Avant sound wicked and I believed it was MRC'ed...

Also didn't Pat have VAGINA-COM'ed his at 4.2 or was it 4.1 with the Viper tune? (no, I don't collect royalties off that :) )

As a matter of fact Mooch was running a Custom Code tune and then the Viper tune. Full Catless Milltek Exhaust and Wagner Intercoolers. And that Station wagon(Avant) was doing 0-60 in 3.6sec. Check the Video's below......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_AtRioAkNc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX6_JSKrCqU&feature=related

ttboost
January 20th, 2011, 01:33
I stil have yet to figure out how to drive this car (from a dig). I have been practicing my "duck foot rat" technique, but really want to wait until I have a converter before I try some more. I have run a 4.2 twice so far, but we are not done with the tune yet, missing some boost. My tuner thinks sub 4's is doable...If we ever get back on the dyno, I will post results.

speedtrapped
January 20th, 2011, 01:51
He'll I may be overly optimistic, but isn't it fun trying?

ttboost
January 20th, 2011, 02:00
Nah, I'm sure your car is VERY capable of those times. heck, I'm at 4.2 (with a Pbox) and I am not even done tuning. Weight is the enemy and I am not quite ready to put this car on a diet yet, like the Porsche (lost 250lbs).

M5 Eater
January 20th, 2011, 02:01
I concur... either way, the car will throw you and whatever else is in the front seat into the back when you launch. Let me tell you, if you loose something under the seats due to your launch (cell phone sliding off dash), good luck finding it.

ttboost
January 20th, 2011, 02:05
I've lost a few things now since I got this car....I had an awesome launch last week, then the traction control light starting blinking like a disco light...Still mustered a 4.4 spinning like mad....started feeling really guilty about beating up my TC...

speedtrapped
January 20th, 2011, 02:05
You guys calling me fat?..., I def could lose about 25lbs, ok back on topic, the car is fast, but as many of you have said, understanding how to come off line is huge in this car.

JSRS6
January 20th, 2011, 02:07
I concur... either way, the car will throw you and whatever else is in the front seat into the back when you launch. Let me tell you, if you loose something under the seats due to your launch (cell phone sliding off dash), good luck finding it.

Easy, it'll be in one of the rear footwells...or on the parcel shelf!

speedtrapped
January 20th, 2011, 02:08
Josh I def want to pbox ur rs6 after your service when ur in town

ttboost
Don't feel bad...I'm back up to almost 2 hundy and racing season is a few months away...but I'm 6'2"...easier to hide...it's all about the 60ft...

MaxRS6
You guys calling me fat?..., I def could lose about 25lbs, ok back on topic, the car is fast, but as many of you have said, understanding how to come off line is huge in this car.

Hmmm- at that size I'll just call you sir...

JSRS6
January 20th, 2011, 02:10

I never would have guessed that you weighed that.

ttboost
January 20th, 2011, 02:11
I never would have guessed that you weighed that.

Are you being polite or sarcastic? Hard to tell :)

speedtrapped
January 20th, 2011, 02:11
6'-4" and full of muscle.....yeah right, nope I would of never fit in an F1. 250lbs.....

speedtrapped
January 20th, 2011, 02:13
Josh? A gentlemen thru and thru

JSRS6
January 20th, 2011, 02:19
Haha, no I was being serious. I would have said around 210-215. But you are pretty tall.

M5 Eater
January 20th, 2011, 02:23
We can deff do the pbox! One way to look at it is... if I tear up the TC doing runs, I can always drop it off at Dion's and rent a car to drive home. lol

JSRS6
January 20th, 2011, 02:26
We can deff do the pbox! One way to look at it is... if I tear up the TC doing runs, I can always drop it off at Dion's and rent a car to drive home. lol

True, but you'll HATE the rental :hihi:

speedtrapped
January 20th, 2011, 02:27
Gulp, hope not they are expensive to swap. Josh, jrrs6 pls Text me ur mailing address.

M5 Eater
January 20th, 2011, 02:31
True.. True

BUT... I could rent an american V8 with the insurance of course then Speedtrapped and I could strip it down and take it to the local motor cross and tear it up and say it was stolen. lol

M5 Eater
January 20th, 2011, 02:34
Gulp, hope not they are expensive to swap. Josh, jrrs6 pls Text me ur mailing address.

Like my house mailing address? hhhmm you do live in Jersey, I've seen New Jersey drive before you know. :)

Speedtrapped - were you referring to JSRS6's mailing address? Sorry I was confused for a sec.

Stephencl
January 20th, 2011, 22:41

Not fat, just a big guy...... My vote is 3.9 0-60. I am confident it will be sub 4.0.

Stephen

skribe
January 21st, 2011, 05:47
At the risk of sounding like a huge cheeseball and cruising way O/T, if anybody's losing to age and gravity, consider doing P90X.

I have one week left out of 90 days and it is dramatic... it's pretty cheesy and more work than the average person is willing to do but it works... a different form of tuning for a different beast but the mentality (for me anyway) is the same. Plus the software is only $150. A screaming deal! Cheaper than Eurocharged.

*not a paid endorsement, just an aging dude trying to help other aging dudes not age so damn much.

speedtrapped
January 21st, 2011, 11:07
Been thinking about it, I actually put on 20lbs last 2 months from holidays and knee complications. Surgery on 2/3. My wife ordered it, so once I am threw with rehab, I will give it a whirl. Glad to hear you like the results.

JSRS6
January 21st, 2011, 13:32
I will vouch for it as well. I got a free copy from a buddy the last month we were in Iraq. You can't tell now, but my abs were in amazing shape at the end of one month. I am going to pick back up physical trainer for the students that go through our course, and I will incorporate some of p90x in the workouts.

DHall1
January 25th, 2011, 18:01
This just in...

Breaking news...

There is some testing going on right now where a RS6.com member with MTM stage x tuning is going head to head with Eurocharge flash. Same car, same day, same dyno, same everything. Just different tune. Full data logs and dyno numbers from both setups.

As we speak.....

Stay tuned if the owner wants the info released it will go out.

PM sent.........and BTW you are overboosting. This could be one of the reasons why the car is a tad on the lean side. Not causing a huge problem yet but things could get out of hand quick if the leak gets larger. Focus on the N75 valve(cheap repair) and the vac lines running down to the turbos. I would just replace the N75 asap. Ask Josh what the N75 did to his boost curve.

Take a look between these two graphs. Very very close except one key component. Fuel.

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a476/drh11/Leve_RS6_Dyno_Runs.jpg

Speedtrapped rocking the house. You cant get much better than this one. Smooth as butter.

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a476/drh11/Sibilia_RS6_Dyno_Runs_2.jpg

JSRS6
January 25th, 2011, 18:32
This just in...

Breaking news...

There is some testing going on right now where a RS6.com member with MTM stage x tuning is going head to head with Eurocharge flash. Same car, same day, same dyno, same everything. Just different tune. Full data logs and dyno numbers from both setups.

As we speak.....

Stay tuned if the owner wants the info released it will go out.

I was wondering when the "analysis" would be complete :hihi:

Those numbers were pretty amazing.

DHall1
January 25th, 2011, 18:42
Just hang on there boys.

We got more news.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yRdDnrB5kM

speedtrapped
January 25th, 2011, 18:58
just when i thought this thread was fading away, Dave pulls me back in....

JSRS6
January 25th, 2011, 19:05
We did have to break 200 posts...

Dave, don't you find it a little ironic that our tuner shares the name with the singer in the video you posted? :hihi:

JSRS6
January 25th, 2011, 19:06
And I just broke 1000...woohoo!!! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

DHall1
January 25th, 2011, 19:07
And Jerry Lee was doing his best P90x commercial way back in 1957.

You got the irony. Too funny, anyone that says comedy is easy needs to be shot.

skribe
January 25th, 2011, 20:39
Eagerly awaiting results.

A moment of silence for the original P90X, Jack Lalanne. Freaky beast in a freaky jumpsuit at :45.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIVfe-crHDs

skribe
January 28th, 2011, 06:13
Just hang on there boys.

We got more news.....

Bump for what happened.

DHall1
January 28th, 2011, 13:49
2nd ecu was not vin coded to the car. Waiting to get the ecu coded.

nistah
January 28th, 2011, 16:32
[QUOTE=DHall1;206622]2nd ecu was not vin coded to the car. Waiting to get the ecu coded.[/QUOT

Whose ecu was not coded to the car: mine, m5 or speedtrapped & what does that mean?

ben916
January 28th, 2011, 19:53
It must a fookin' long time to get those videos uploaded to Photobucket... one frame at a time???

speedtrapped
January 28th, 2011, 20:00
lol....M5 eater, aka Josh was working on them, but I know he is shipping off soon....he told me he was busy with tying up loose ends.

DHall1
January 28th, 2011, 22:40
Nista,

Sorry, this is a different project in another state. Head to head bash on the same car with 2 ecu's.

We need to get going on your car too. Sit tight.

[QUOTE=DHall1;206622]2nd ecu was not vin coded to the car. Waiting to get the ecu coded.[/QUOT

Whose ecu was not coded to the car: mine, m5 or speedtrapped & what does that mean?

nistah
February 1st, 2011, 01:01
[QUOTE=DHall1;206685]Nista,

Sorry, this is a different project in another state. Head to head bash on the same car with 2 ecu's.

We need to get going on your car too. Sit tight.

OK Thanks!