PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Leak

MaxRS6
December 15th, 2010, 18:09
Yep- The coolant spray at TWS was due to small leak in radiator. Apparently- just sprays when under high pressure. Approx $2K (parts & labor) to replace and for new hoses. At 140K, I guess they can't last forever...

Thanks again guys for the input when I put out the call. Dave even took a tech call on a Saturday night!

I'll be adding a pressure test to my track events car inspection check list.. ;)

V8weight
December 15th, 2010, 18:37
I think our cars are talking behind our backs. I just replaced my radiator yesterday under warranty. On a side note, it's really a liberating feeling to be able to submit warranty claims on my own car. It's no longer subjected to the animals at the dealership.

ben916
December 15th, 2010, 18:42
I think our cars are talking behind our backs. I just replaced my radiator yesterday under warranty. On a side note, it's really a liberating feeling to be able to submit warranty claims on my own car. It's no longer subjected to the animals at the dealership.

Awesome!!!!!

MaxRS6
December 15th, 2010, 18:42

That is crazy spooky how many items our cars have shared of recent.

I remain envious of your mad hatter skills- I'll have to rely on the service tech and bill it through my company's G&A..;)

V8weight
December 15th, 2010, 19:06
Well, I replaced the climate control unit as well, so if yours dies in the near future, we know our cars are conspiring. I'm glad that it died though, no more unsightly worn plus and minus buttons. :)

marklar182
December 15th, 2010, 20:54

That is the best way! I wish i could do the same (even though the independents I go to are excellent).

I take it you are ASE certified Pat?

DHall1
December 15th, 2010, 21:05
That is actually good news. Glad it was nothing serious.

I think I said radiator in the other thread? right? Gotta keep that crystal ball shiny.

Yep- The coolant spray at TWS was due to small leak in radiator. Apparently- just sprays when under high pressure. Approx $2K (parts & labor) to replace and for new hoses. At 140K, I guess they can't last forever...

Thanks again guys for the input when I put out the call. Dave even took a tech call on a Saturday night!

I'll be adding a pressure test to my track events car inspection check list.. ;)

4everRS
December 15th, 2010, 21:46
Now he works on Porsche's all day.
That is the best way! I wish i could do the same (even though the independents I go to are excellent).

I take it you are ASE certified Pat?

ben916
December 15th, 2010, 21:48
I think I said radiator in the other thread? right? Gotta keep that crystal ball shiny.

Yep, Winner Winner Chicken Dinner