PDA

View Full Version : -1 rs6

PALETTE
December 15th, 2010, 17:08
:cry: Left the car on the drive way for 3 mins, came back out as i watched it drive away, blew the stop light and headed to the highway.

Called the Police, and they took the report, but said 10% chance of getting it back.!!!!!! not a happy person right now!

speedtrapped
December 15th, 2010, 17:10
jeeesus, sorry to hear that.

MaxRS6
December 15th, 2010, 17:13
Jeepers- Fingers croxxed it shows up parked somewhere unharmed.

JSRS6
December 15th, 2010, 17:14
That is horrible! And you just got that car. Did you pay cash? If they dont find it, will your insurance pay for another one?

JSRS6
December 15th, 2010, 17:15
When i saw just the title, i thought it was just a story of your having a run in with some really fast exotic :-(

PALETTE
December 15th, 2010, 17:17
Thanks guys. Yes i hope they find it. I missed seeing the guy buy 10-15 seconds. Unreal!

Well i do have full replacent on it so thats a good thing but to find another clean car is a mission!

JSRS6
December 15th, 2010, 17:21
I doubt this was random, especially given the rarity of them in cananada(yes, that was on purpose, lol). They probably were casing your car for a week or two.

PALETTE
December 15th, 2010, 17:29
for sure your correct, these guys knew what they were doing expecially the way they drove the car out of my area.

JSRS6
December 15th, 2010, 17:52
I think it's totally possible that they have visited this forum as well...

ben916
December 15th, 2010, 18:37
Man, that sucks to hear!

What is worse is the rarity, the newness to you, and the ability for it to out perform the LAW except when it comes to MOTOROLA...

Erik
December 15th, 2010, 19:21
OH NO!!!

I'm sorry to hear this, I really reallly hope you get it back.

PALETTE
December 15th, 2010, 19:34
so the chances are very slim that i will get it back from the sounds of it, The police officer said we had a good chance within the first hour, after that its very slim unless it was taken for a joy ride, which he thinks it wasnt.

So i called my Auto broker to start to look for another one.

V8weight
December 15th, 2010, 19:38
so the chances are very slim that i will get it back from the sounds of it, The police officer said we had a good chance within the first hour, after that its very slim unless it was taken for a joy ride, which he thinks it wasnt.

So i called my Auto broker to start to look for another one.
That's probably your best bet. It's awful that this happened, but (i mean this in the nicest possible way) I hope for your sake that they don't recover it. Your insurance owes you a vehicle inspection upon recovery and that's it. There's no telling the kind of abuse it encountered, cold start and foot to the floor. I hope this works out for you one way or another.

Elevens
December 15th, 2010, 19:42
Really sorry to hear that Palette. But you have to think like me, The next one will be even better. Its just the Inconvenience of locating another prime example. Good luck................

DonS
December 15th, 2010, 19:49
Gut-wrenching. We all put our hearts into these cars, so the loss must be difficult. Hoepfully your insurance company will get you another one.

DonS
December 15th, 2010, 19:52
I think it's totally possible that they have visited this forum as well...

And\or one of the shops you car visited.

Hopefully your insurance will pony up as quickly as you can find a replacement.

QuattroRS
December 15th, 2010, 21:01
How could these folks bypass the immob? Were keys left in?

:cry: Left the car on the drive way for 3 mins, came back out as i watched it drive away, blew the stop light and headed to the highway.

Called the Police, and they took the report, but said 10% chance of getting it back.!!!!!! not a happy person right now!

JSRS6
December 15th, 2010, 21:12
i believe so. He parked in his driveway, left it running, walked in, grabbed something out of the house, and thats how long it took them to get in and drive away.

4everRS
December 15th, 2010, 21:44
Wow - this really sucks. I do that all the time. I will really have to think twice about doing it anymore.
i believe so. He parked in his driveway, left it running, walked in, grabbed something out of the house, and thats how long it took them to get in and drive away.

ben916
December 15th, 2010, 21:47
Wow - this really sucks. I do that all the time. I will really have to think twice about doing it anymore.

Me too and I have the kids buckled in the rare times that I do do it... Never again...

PALETTE
December 15th, 2010, 22:10
Yea stupid me leaving the keys in it. I really wish i didnt but what are the odds that within 2-3 mins .. 100% i guess, i really hope that guy gets what is coming to him one day. I had just filled the tank to, Brand new Pirelli's hope that the insurance makes me a good offer.

DHall1
December 15th, 2010, 22:18
Sorry to hear about this. I dont know why people have to steal others property. I guess it comes down to society and entitlements. Far too many have an opinion about rights and how far those rights extend into another persons right to have his/her own rights.

In the old days these actions were dealt with swiftly. Taken out back and shot comes to mind. Now we give them club med jails with meals, healthcare, gym services and full elective procedures. I guess social justice sounds good until it comes into your garage and takes the RS6.

Good luck on the claim.

BTW, I'm so damn paranoid that when we take vacations....I have all the cars locked and garage doors bolted. I then disable the cars(so they will not start) and finally, hide all the keys in a safe box that nobody will ever find. Most of our cars have memory chips and you need the key to start the car. Hell, I do this on top of the security system we have at home. Crazy.

ttboost
December 15th, 2010, 22:53
I hope the insurance company pays!!! If you left the keys in it, running, they may argue the point, saying you didn't do enough to protect it? Not saying that is right, but they are insurance companies...they have been known to do things like that?

covertw12
December 15th, 2010, 22:53
So sorry to hear this Palette ! worse yet given the plans you had for the car and the challenge you'll face in finding a similar one..... I truly feel for you. I'd be taking the mini-14 and driving the streets.........

As noted by others I suspect it's best if it's not recovered..... I know my old A6 2.7T was never the same after I had a high-school punk valet "borrow" it for a few hours.... despite a good insurance company that tried to stand behind things stuff popped up afterwards that we didn't expect..... I ended up trading the car at a 5k loss

Best of luck..... people truly do suck.....

DHall1
December 15th, 2010, 23:34
This is state insurance. You write one check for plates and insurance? right?

One can only guess how this will turn out.

How exactly does this work in Canada? Does everyone pay the same rate by vehicle? Or is each citizen graded by claim history and type of vehicle driven? I have no idea.

I hope the insurance company pays!!! If you left the keys in it, running, they may argue the point, saying you didn't do enough to protect it? Not saying that is right, but they are insurance companies...they have been known to do things like that?

Beastly
December 16th, 2010, 04:12
wow unreal, very sorry to hear this best wishes on recovery or replacement
Cheers.!

PALETTE
December 16th, 2010, 16:07
This is state insurance. You write one check for plates and insurance? right?

One can only guess how this will turn out.

How exactly does this work in Canada? Does everyone pay the same rate by vehicle? Or is each citizen graded by claim history and type of vehicle driven? I have no idea.

Our insurance works buy ratings, Different scales for Vehicles as well as drivers, So a poor driver driving a 1990 Honda would likely pay as much as me driving the Audi, My record was clean, no issues , so as of today no update from the Police, my insurance company did say they have recover cars 3 weeks later sitting in a container so not to lose hope. Chances are slim so I’m not evening going to think about it till the time to get the car back or make a settlement.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Good thing is i had it for 3 weeks, and they are aware of it and they know that they hold their value so he believes i will be reimbursed the full amount. (fingers crossed)<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Thanks guys again for the support<o:p></o:p>

PALETTE
December 16th, 2010, 16:09

Mike your correct, but it being on my drive they class it as private property so thats a good thing.

BTW thanks for the Email this morning.

Jimmy
December 16th, 2010, 16:09
Jebus...you sure you aren't the next guest on 'Pimp my Ride'?

This is crazy stuff... people watching you and waiting to pounce at a moments notice? Toronto is such a nice city too (or so I thought)

Best wishes for a positive outcome to this man !! Merry friggen' X-mas eh?

PALETTE
December 16th, 2010, 16:11
Jebus...you sure you aren't the next guest on 'Pimp my Ride'?

This is crazy stuff... people watching you and waiting to pounce at a moments notice? Toronto is such a nice city too (or so I thought)

Best wishes for a positive outcome to this man !! Merry friggen' X-mas eh?

Oh Yea great Christmas Spirt! LOL

PALETTE
December 16th, 2010, 16:57
So my broker just found me a 2003 RS6 out of Florida, Same Miles as i had, Black on Black. Just need to settle up and get the ball rolling.

DHall1
December 16th, 2010, 17:03
How many miles did you have?

There is a 20k mile car in Texas with the 5yr Fidelity ext warranty. Fidelity is good in Canada.

covertw12
December 16th, 2010, 17:08
Palette - that car in FL is local to me if you want eyes on it..... I spoke with the guy when I was looking but ruled it out because of the question marks and the color....Id be more then happy to connect with him and either coordinate a PPI at my shop or just check it over..... I suspect we have similar standards..... I spent 4 months trying to find mine ( bought with 26k and like new other then the APR tune -thanks to the previous owner for covering that large nut !!).

All the best ~

E

PALETTE
December 16th, 2010, 17:14
Palette - that car in FL is local to me if you want eyes on it..... I spoke with the guy when I was looking but ruled it out because of the question marks and the color....Id be more then happy to connect with him and either coordinate a PPI at my shop or just check it over..... I suspect we have similar standards..... I spent 4 months trying to find mine ( bought with 26k and like new other then the APR tune -thanks to the previous owner for covering that large nut !!).

All the best ~

E

I will keep you posted just need to settle with my Insurace before i do anything.
I have already told them if it is not found in the next 2 days i want it replaces as it will have been tagged as a Thieft recovery if it goes to long.

There is a 20k mile car in Texas with the 5yr Fidelity ext warranty. Fidelity is good in Canada.

I had 60K on mine. And a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty

fluidmotorunion
December 16th, 2010, 17:34
Holy shit, Palette, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Hopefully that thief gets what's coming to him (a severe beating), and hopefully you get what's coming to you (an undamaged RS6).

Keyser Soze
December 16th, 2010, 18:38

Palette - very sorry to hear about your ride. I've had a couple of very special cars taken from me also. Sucks that you only had it for 3 weeks!

Not to flip it around, but DHall1 is talking about my car. I am actively trying to sell it. If you are interested, feel free to PM me.

Cheers - Justin

tidus888
December 16th, 2010, 19:38
PALETTE, which area in toronto are you in? lemme see if i can call my boys in the local PD to help u look for it!

SteveKen
December 16th, 2010, 19:50
Mr PALETTE.

Sorry to hear this.

Can you provide any description of the vehicle that might help us in passing, etc. Color, any custom items, distinguishing features, etc.?

I travel a lot, and it's not out of the question for it to end up in the US through Buffalo or who knows.

PALETTE
December 16th, 2010, 20:17
PALETTE, which area in toronto are you in? lemme see if i can call my boys in the local PD to help u look for it!

Woodbridge,

thanks!! Talk to him this morning and they are still looking

PALETTE
December 16th, 2010, 20:21
Mr PALETTE.

Sorry to hear this.

Can you provide any description of the vehicle that might help us in passing, etc. Color, any custom items, distinguishing features, etc.?

I travel a lot, and it's not out of the question for it to end up in the US through Buffalo or who knows.

Well its Black on black, with privacy tint, Just installed Pirelli Sutto Zero times on the stock rims, Light scuff mark on the drivers mirror. Everything else stock looking, Had the Sound Enhanced Exhaust.

The pisser is that i had the Reserve light come on when i got home the night before so i backed out and filled the tank and then went home, If i would have not done that he would have gotten stuck near by. I am thinking but never sure.

ben916
December 16th, 2010, 23:38
Mr PALETTE.

Sorry to hear this.

I wonder if the So Cal contingency should be on the lookout too...
Once it makes it past that southern loose "border", kiss it goodbye....

Have you posted on any other Audi enthusiast websites? Audizine, quattroworld, audiworld, audisrs??? This is IF you want it back...

GEN XER
December 17th, 2010, 03:09
Yea stupid me leaving the keys in it. I really wish i didnt but what are the odds that within 2-3 mins .. 100% i guess, i really hope that guy gets what is coming to him one day. I had just filled the tank to, Brand new Pirelli's hope that the insurance makes me a good offer.

2-3 min is an eternity for a pro. Gone in 60 seconds comes to mind. What this means to me is you were being cased. They were probably following you around waiting on the right moment to strike. Its probably in a chop shop right now being parted out, unless it was a young punk who just happened to be walking by when you jumped out, which I doubt. When you own cars like this you can never let your guard down even while driving, professional car thief's are just waiting to pounce on you if you do. When I drove mine, I always circled the block to see if I was being followed. Drove my wife crazy.

GEN XER
December 17th, 2010, 03:20

The Ins company absolutely has the right to deny/ invalidate is the word they use for denying your claim. If your policy reads that if you leave the keys in the car when it is stolen then you might be in a pickle.

(http://www.ukmotorists.com/keys%20in%20cars.asp#4)

GEN XER
December 17th, 2010, 03:26
Woodbridge,

thanks!! Talk to him this morning and they are still looking

I live buy two cops and they tell me that they don't really look for stolen cars, they wont admit that but they dont. If by chance they stop the person driving your car for speeding or running a light or committing a crime, then you will get your car back, but if not then its not likely for you to get it back. The one thing about the RS6 is it draws attention so there is a chance for a cop if he sees it to run the plate and find it stolen. If these are real pro's that car is in pieces right now.

ben916
December 17th, 2010, 05:31
... The one thing about the RS6 is it draws attention ...

O/T:
Really? Maybe in an all Euro crowd but not when I pass a WRX or S4 or Evo or C4s or TT or nothing...
I have been right next to a C5 A6 4.2, nearly the same color silver, windows down, at a complete stop and I look over and it was like dude had no clue what was next to him...

I would say it is completely under the radar unless it is Misano Red or Imola Yellow that would the most attention but the peeps that don't know what it is.

PALETTE
December 17th, 2010, 06:05
I live buy two cops and they tell me that they don't really look for stolen cars, they wont admit that but they dont. If by chance they stop the person driving your car for speeding or running a light or committing a crime, then you will get your car back, but if not then its not likely for you to get it back. The one thing about the RS6 is it draws attention so there is a chance for a cop if he sees it to run the plate and find it stolen. If these are real pro's that car is in pieces right now.

In pieces for what reason? there are not that many around and who would they sell the parts to?

GEN XER
December 17th, 2010, 06:17
In pieces for what reason? there are not that many around and who would they sell the parts to?

Ebay, Craigslist, and all sorts of online auction sites.

R1
December 18th, 2010, 04:54
hopefully the cops finds it ...

PALETTE
December 22nd, 2010, 14:39
WELL WELL WELL! at 4:55am i get a call from a local police offer telling me they have my car. They are going to go through the car with a fine tooth comb because it was in a very secure spot locked and hiding till it was going to be moved. So they are going to finger print it, I now need to get new keys cut (UGH!) and then my insurace will hand the car over to a service shop (Audi) and have it looked at and detailed!
This might just be a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

speedtrapped
December 22nd, 2010, 14:42
dude that is great news! wow, a christmas miracle.......happy to hear news

V8weight
December 22nd, 2010, 14:43
WELL WELL WELL! at 4:55am i get a call from a local police offer telling me they have my car. They are going to go through the car with a fine tooth comb because it was in a very secure spot locked and hiding till it was going to be moved. So they are going to finger print it, I now need to get new keys cut (UGH!) and then my insurace will hand the car over to a service shop (Audi) and have it looked at and detailed!
Congrats!

Erik
December 22nd, 2010, 15:00
Glad to hear the car is back and seems to be in good shape. If not, I hope they tuned it :D

MaxRS6
December 22nd, 2010, 15:00
Very great news and congrats on the find! Glad to hear that a Rs6 is not meeting its' end in a chop shop- However; it would have made our remaining ones a bit more rare..:)

PALETTE
December 22nd, 2010, 15:02
I feel like a kid on Christmas !! LOL Just need to get it safe and sound at home

DonS
December 22nd, 2010, 15:08
Awesome! Fingers-crossed that the car checks out. Hopefully the cops catch the culprits and they bring down the whole ring - just like on TV.

PALETTE
December 22nd, 2010, 15:15
Guys whats the process of getting new keys and locks? or do they just recode mine?

DonS
December 22nd, 2010, 15:22
I take it the thieves still have one of your keys. If not, I can't imagine they could have copied them without red-flags and you should be good to go.

ben916
December 22nd, 2010, 15:26
Guys whats the process of getting new keys and locks? or do they just recode mine?

you have to get one new key fob from the dealer, it is brass or something and they aren't cheap - you can't get a steel key as when the dealer re-keys it, it is too hard for the key cutter.

Why couldn't you use your old OTHER key fob? Unless the one that was in the car when it was taken was your only key fob...

edit:
sorry, I haven't had any coffee yet so the logic process isn't in full swing yet..
YES the car has to be re-keyed, but what about the keyless entry?????

Elevens
December 22nd, 2010, 15:26
Excellent Palette!! Very Very Glad to hear this. Hopefully no damage and no more leaving car unattended with Keys in it. LOL.

Benman
December 22nd, 2010, 18:44
Congrats and I'll keep my fingers crossed for zero damage as well. :cheers:

wpod
December 23rd, 2010, 13:31
Might be a good time to ask Santa Claus if he could get you a Lo Jack for Christmas . When I first read about your loss, I began going through the paperwork that I got with my recently purchased 2002 S6 Avant and was very pleased to find out that the original owner had a LoJack installed. I now need to contact them to find out if the system needs to be "transferred" to my name. In any case, Good luck with the recovery! regards, Paul, Providence, RI

fluidmotorunion
December 23rd, 2010, 14:19
Congrats, Palette! It's good to see that you won't have to do a little extra "gift-finding" this year!

Let's hope she's still all together. Merry Christmas, indeed!

PALETTE
December 23rd, 2010, 16:13
Thanks guys!
All is well, the car was going to be transported overseas for sure the way the car was hidden they said.
The dealer has it right now, and it going to go through the car and do the following all beause the insurance adjusted gave them an open PO.
New keys and locks, New remotes, Oil change, Detail inside and out, Alignment, (timing belt) thats the freebee from the dealer! heheheh!!!!!
And they night do a tune up! I'm thinking of have this done every 10k miles ! LOL (kidding) Just need to have it roadtested and they will do a transmition check.

JSRS6
December 23rd, 2010, 16:43
Nice of them to do the timing belt! Make sure they replace everything, lol.

PALETTE
January 5th, 2011, 04:17
got the call today, all is done from the Dealer , and is getting a interior and Exterior wash and polish before i pick the BAD BOY up!!! Oh im so excited!!!!! What do i do first show it off?? Kiss it?? LOL!! I know i am putting some 109 in it soon!

drabe
January 5th, 2011, 04:24
Thanks guys. Yes i hope they find it. I missed seeing the guy buy 10-15 seconds. Unreal!

Well i do have full replacent on it so thats a good thing but to find another clean car is a mission!

Jeez, I'm in Toronto....what the hell?

PALETTE
January 5th, 2011, 04:30
Jeez, I'm in Toronto....what the hell?

Toronto is not the same as it used to be. Be very carefull. What area are you in?

Jimmy Joe
January 5th, 2011, 05:17
Palette, I`m very very, very happy for you. It`s good to know that in some parts of the world police is still doing its job. ¿ Will they tell you if they got the perps and who they were? were they going to jail? Was it an international ring, from the looks of it? May they burn in hell for all eternity. In Mexico we are having an aggravated phase of that problem, since the army and the navy are fighting drug lords thooth and nail, their income has decreased, and they have taken to the streets and wiil take your car, (and many times you) at gun point. for money. lots of it. Enjoy your freedom and peace of mind. Again, I couldn`t be happier for you.

drabe
January 6th, 2011, 02:10

Great news.

aussie rs6
January 6th, 2011, 18:17
Excellent Palette!! Very Very Glad to hear this. Hopefully no damage and no more leaving car unattended with Keys in it. LOL.

Very good to hear that your beast has returned to its cage.

Some tunes like APR provide anti theft security code after entry with key so impossible for some miscreant to start the engine with key even though starter motor cranking and steal the car and drive off.

Also no evidence on display that need the extra security code to be entered through cruise control stalk.

I know as wifey flattened the battery trying to start the beast as did not know about the security code!!!! (also handy for keeping family joy riders out of the beast, for their own protection!):hahahehe::hahahehe: