PDA

View Full Version : Avus Silver RS 6 pulling into Micron Boise today, anyone on here?

marklar182
December 14th, 2010, 21:18
I travel up here quite a bit, would have followed you but a local co-worker was taking me to the airport!

Nasty weather!

ben916
December 14th, 2010, 21:48
Is that Boise, Idaho???!?!?
I did see a Ebony one on the I-90 as I was headed East on the panhandle of 'daho towards 'tana...

Also Marklar182, can you update your location so peeps kinda know a general location where you are located? No, North America doesn't quite work.... :)

marklar182
December 14th, 2010, 22:31
Yes, Boise ID.

Updated!

ben916
December 15th, 2010, 00:11
I would say PellePat or PellPat but he "sold" his RS6 and then proceeded to "insult" several members about his ownership experience. Not a pretty ending...

JSRS6
December 15th, 2010, 02:19
PellaPat

pellapat
December 15th, 2010, 16:02
Ben,

I did not insult anyone. I was not impressed with the car. To many issues and to much operating cost. Driver 10 nice cars in the last 4 years and the rs6 was at the bottom of the list. Audi's are overrated!

pellapat
December 15th, 2010, 16:10
review of car after last drive

Well I must say I had a 8000 learning curve on this car.

First off the car is one solid machine. It glides down the road and gets the look of a general on the road.

I really enjoyed the balance the car offered.

After having a 911tt, 335i, legacy gt, and a V70R this car was the cleanest looking.

The performance and pickup of the car was average. My 335i was faster to 150, the 911 was a 911, and my legacy wagon with a tune and the up/down combo was faster then the RS6.

I was hoping for more power with the ratings and was let down with the overall performance.

I did take it to 165 today and it was 96 out and it was limp. Looking forward to drive the 335i again and have that rear wheel drive feel.

I still cannot believe how much these cars cost to work on. I should have done a tad more research and saved the 8k:doh:

hardly insulting!

ben916
December 15th, 2010, 16:54
Ben,

I did not insult anyone. I was not impressed with the car. To many issues and to much operating cost. Driver 10 nice cars in the last 4 years and the rs6 was at the bottom of the list. Audi's are overrated!

My apologies on speaking for you, I was attempting to describe in the best/fair way from a third person and perhaps it didn't come across well.
My use of the word "insult" was not the best choice of word.
However, your experience of your car is your opinion.

pellapat
December 15th, 2010, 18:15
I agree- I guess I was a bit bummed after I bought the car. I have to admit I am starting to wish I would have kept it instead of the saab I have.
No hard feelings with you. Merry Christmas