PDA

View Full Version : Is This Possible....7 RS6's available??

cohenfive
September 24th, 2003, 17:35
hi, i've been looking a bit for a friend who's interested in an rs6 (lucky dog!). anyway, one dealer who i was in touch with a few weeks ago emailed me today and said he has 7 available including some build spots. i haven't been following the numbers that closely but thought that there were only 1000 of these for this model year and that they were pretty much done in terms of production...could one dealer really have this many available?

fyi, i get the strong impression from his note that he's selling below msrp....

secdrvr
September 24th, 2003, 18:54
The letter I received from Audi said only 860 were coming to the US. 7 at one dealership seems like a lot but i don't know how they determine who gets how many. The dealership here in Seattle told me a dealership could only get an RS6 if they had a buyer for it.

btumble
September 24th, 2003, 19:18
Not such a far out possibility. The service guy at my dealership told me that of the 9 cars the dealership bought, only 4 had been sold. I was suprised too. Apparently it is costly for the dealership to become RS6 certified so not all of them did. I suspect they would sell below msrp too.

Bauer
September 24th, 2003, 19:34
The number of cars grew to approx 1200 and I am told that they also released another 30 on top of the 1200 number. It is possiable that a dealer may have that many because some got a larger alotment than others. I know depending on where the dealer is located, that some sold out right away (cold weather states mostly) I know that some in CA had cars sitting on the lot and were still aksing 10K over MSRP????? I think the stuborn/over charge dealers screwed themselves. I really dont get why they just didnt sell them for MSRP and call it a day. Also I know people feel the car is "over price" at MSRP, the price of the car is comparable to the E55 when you add the options as the RS6 is fairly loaded as its base model. Throw in Quattro and the car is only slightly more expensive.

I am also hearing rumors that the next E60 M5 could reach 100K fully loaded but who knows? Not to say that a 450hp or a 500hp 4dr is not worth 90K to 100K, look what else you get that can carry 4 people in comfort a Poresche SUV???:hmm:
:cheers:

GoFastKindaGuy
September 25th, 2003, 23:51
As of this afternoon, there are two available in Milwaukee at MSRP -- one silver, one black. I went out of state for mine, because they were asking US$10,000 over MSRP at first! Gougers are getting real; expensive unsold inventory will bring out the honesty.

:hihi:

Finnus
September 26th, 2003, 12:49
How about the "poor" schmoes who paid $5-10,000 or more for "slots" on eBay?

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

gregoryindiana
September 26th, 2003, 13:46
No sympathy for either the gouger dealers or the fools who bought production slots on ebay.

One does know better, and the others should.

Please name a car that sold for over MSRP at intro, and before the model run ended, NEVER dropped to MSRP or below.

I can't think of a single car that was sold in the US that qualifies.

Benman
September 26th, 2003, 14:52
Originally posted by gregoryindiana
Please name a car that sold for over MSRP at intro, and before the model run ended, NEVER dropped to MSRP or below.

I can't think of a single car that was sold in the US that qualifies.

Ferrari Modena convertable:D

GoFastKindaGuy
September 26th, 2003, 21:13
I've been on a wait list for over three years for an MSRP Ferrari 360 -- no more.

:addict:

Benman
September 26th, 2003, 21:25
Originally posted by GoFastKindaGuy
I've been on a wait list for over three years for an MSRP Ferrari 360 -- no more.

:addict:

And us RS 6 guys were getting impatient over OUR wait!

Ben:addict:

bilbozilla
September 26th, 2003, 21:33
About 6 months ago, the local Merc dealer was telling me 2.5 years for an SL55. And they were marking them up. Is it just my neighborhood? I ended up ordering my RS6 while on a business trip halfway across the US with no money down, and guaranteed MSRP or better.

JAXRS6
September 28th, 2003, 05:05
I was told by Champion in FL that they had 13 on order. Here in SE Michigan my dealer ordered five. Both had a waiting list that exceeded those numbers, but as the dollars required to maintain the order went from, for example, $1,000 to $5,000, some of the listees dropped out. Others may have refused the car at delivery, for whatever reason. The dealer owner here ordered an RS6 but supposedly went for an A8L out of fear he'd get into too much trouble (read speeding tickets) with his RS6, which has since been sold to someone else. Saw no RS6s for sale on my last visit about 8-9 days ago to Audi of Rochester Hills, MI, near AoA headquarters. (BTW I laughed to myself when I heard the "too much trouble" rationale, but I stopped laughing after getting nailed in Nevada.)

Benman
September 28th, 2003, 18:24
Originally posted by JAXRS6
(BTW I laughed to myself when I heard the "too much trouble" rationale, but I stopped laughing after getting nailed in Nevada.)

Yep. This Beast takes a LOT of self control. I'm actually surprised i made it over a whole month so far with NO tickets!:cheers:

Ben:addict: