PDA

View Full Version : Yikes, quoted $5200 to replace right rear cam seal that dribbles.

DonS
December 11th, 2010, 04:18
Yikes, quoted $5200 to replace right rear cam seal that dribbles (pull engine for a $6 seal). Lucky the warranty will cover it except for the $100 deductable. Hmmm, upgraded intercooler hoses, replace water pump, replace cam belt, new vacuum hoses....while we're in there. I just received my Ross-Tech VAGCOM tool, so I'll check for any other issues before and after. No beast for a week. :doh:

DHall1
December 11th, 2010, 05:17
WP should be fine at your mileage. Plus its a covered repair if it ever fails in the future. If you're not due for a timing belt job then just leave the front cover alone. .02c

Have the engine inspected for any other oil leaks while its out.

You could gut the primary cats while the engine is out. hint

Yikes, quoted $5200 to replace right rear cam seal that dribbles (pull engine for a $6 seal). Lucky the warranty will cover it except for the $100 deductable. Hmmm, upgraded intercooler hoses, replace water pump, replace cam belt, new vacuum hoses....while we're in there. I just received my Ross-Tech VAGCOM tool, so I'll check for any other issues before and after. No beast for a week. :doh: