PDA

View Full Version : Back at TWS

MaxRS6
December 11th, 2010, 03:20
I just rolled into College Station- Crazy has been groomed, fed and put up in in his stall. I'm looking forward to the weekend and hitting the track again. :incar:

ben916
December 11th, 2010, 04:55
uh oh..... :)

REALLY like the videos with sound (if there isn't all that wind noise?)

DHall1
December 11th, 2010, 05:07
It may be time to edit some music in the vids. Some good ol rock and roll baby.

MaxRS6
December 11th, 2010, 12:29
uh oh..... :) REALLY like the videos with sound (if there isn't all that wind noise?)

Wind? Wind? That is just me talking...LOL

Nice brisk morning- low 70 today- Should be great weather for the turbos this morning. Tomorrow we are looking at very low temps most of the day for the turbos to feed on..;0

Dhall:
I'lll get my music dept to work on it! Surely I can get a stimulus check to help out..:)

SAF
December 11th, 2010, 17:47
Dang, I'm close by, what's the schedule tomorrow? I might zip up to observe.

DHall1
December 11th, 2010, 17:48
We could get outside vids of the master on the track!!!!

SAF
December 11th, 2010, 17:49
Exactly. ;)

MaxRS6
December 12th, 2010, 00:26
Wellllll- There are up days and other days to appreciate the up days..;) 1st session the track was still very damp due to unusually heavy morning dew. Instructors were going off during the first session with a lot of others being on the edge. We were second group and with a very crowded track, the first session was a throw away- No issues for the quattro but the dampness was an issue for a lot of others.

Second and third session somewhat uneventful. I just never hit on all cylinders and struggled a bit to get Crazy in a groove. Oh well, there is always tomorrow. :)

Saf:
The gates open at 7:00 a.m. My sessions are 8:30, 10:20, 12:35, & 2:25 if I make it through all of the session. It would be great to meet you!

During our 4th and last session of the day after just a couple of laps, a Viper Acer (about a month old) went off, spun, bumped the flag station, came to stop and a short very brief fire. We were promptly Black flagged. Viper driver okay but the car took a hit (pics when I return).

Still- even a below par track day beats dusting furniture! - LOL

DHall1
December 12th, 2010, 02:06
Dammit,

How did you know I was dusting this morning. And I'm not joking.

haha

MaxRS6
December 12th, 2010, 02:35
Dave: Thanks for the phone conversation. I'll never tell my secrets on how I keep tabs on the World Population at all times..;)))) Code: x3833 : Key: i323342akdi3lsjd/black helicopter/...

I mean really- How many places are there to post up a ? and get immediate feedback from multiple friends. I appreciate all of you and you know who you are.

Randy

V8weight
December 12th, 2010, 03:04
I hope you don't think you're the only one having all the fun this weekend:snow: I've been battling over 20" of snow with the Kia Rio of snow blowers all day. The beast is tucked safely (cowering) in the garage.
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/IMG00007-20101211-2053.jpg
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/IMG00004-20101211-2052.jpg

ben916
December 12th, 2010, 03:10
Pat, that is the California Smog trade-off:

You get to blow snow instead...

MaxRS6
December 12th, 2010, 03:17
Pat- Yikes!!!!! That does not look like fun.

High 70's it was here today. However; it has already dropped to 57 which is expected to be the high tomorrow. When they complain about the cold tomorrow, I'll bring up your pic... :)

V8weight
December 12th, 2010, 03:18
I'll take the snow over emissions inspections. ;)

4everRS
December 12th, 2010, 17:16
Pat, did that little pathetic thing really do anything. hehe. We only got about 3" up here. Time to save up for one of these, works great for me.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/crocodile64/Snowblower.jpg

4everRS
December 12th, 2010, 17:18
Or this would work also:

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/crocodile64/V8snowblower.jpg

Ok, back on topic. Sorry for the threadjack Randy.

ben916
December 12th, 2010, 18:19
Or this would work also:

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/crocodile64/V8snowblower.jpg

Ok, back on topic. Sorry for the threadjack Randy.

As long as this one is AWD...

V8weight
December 12th, 2010, 18:27
Pat, did that little pathetic thing really do anything. hehe. We only got about 3" up here. Time to save up for one of these, works great for me.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/crocodile64/Snowblower.jpg
Speaking of pathetic things, is that a Vibe I spy in the background?:) Yeah, I moved a LOT of snow with that little snow pup, It's my backup to the brand new blower I bought last year, which conveniently broke down outside of it's one year warranty. Not a coil available for it in the damn state.

4everRS
December 12th, 2010, 20:36
Speaking of pathetic things, is that a Vibe I spy in the background?:). I knew I should have moved it before I took the picture

MaxRS6
December 12th, 2010, 22:55
Update- Decided to err on side of caution and called it a day without taking it back out. Made it home without issue..:)

I'll take it in and let the techs do their thing. I still consider it a success- I made it home in one piece with car in tact..

V8weight
December 13th, 2010, 01:07
I knew I should have moved it before I took the picture
Just poking fun Kyle:harass:, any updates on the tuning situation? I need closure!

Update- Decided to err on side of caution and called it a day without taking it back out. Made it home without issue..:)

I'll take it in and let the techs do their thing. I still consider it a success- I made it home in one piece with car in tact..
Glad to hear you and the "train" made it home all right. Should be a simple diagnosis for your tech, a simple pressure test should isolate your leak pretty quickly. Fingers crossed for a quick recovery.

4everRS
December 13th, 2010, 04:59
Just poking fun Kyle:harass:, any updates on the tuning situation? I need closure!

My beast has no brain right now. I sent it out to Alabama on Thursday. They have it and will likely work on it Monday and send it back out and the UPS man should be giving it to me Tuesday. I have been speaking with Chris and he has been very helpful and will be handling the updates himself. They are giving me the latest updates as well as changing the security lockout code so I can actually access the programs.

And yes, this means I have been driving the Vibe. On the plus side of that, the e-brake works great.

JSRS6
December 13th, 2010, 12:23
So, you went with "them", huh? J/k Kyle. I always did like the emcs.