PDA

View Full Version : Crosspost from Autotrader.

JSRS6
December 9th, 2010, 16:29
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=279568245&dealer_id=65288379&car_year=2003&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&model=RS6&showZipError=y&pager.offset=25&search_lang=en&start_year=1981&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&search_type=both&body_code=0&first_record=26&distance=0&default_sort=newsortbyprice_DESC&address=23453&rdm=1291912078572&marketZipError=false&sort_type=priceDESC&awsp=false&make=AUDI&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=34&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

Vehicle is rights around the corner from me, if anyone wants me to take a look...

DHall1
December 9th, 2010, 16:38
Yeah, check the trunk for the gold bars that must come with the car.

JSRS6
December 9th, 2010, 16:55
It does have a warranty...

ben916
December 9th, 2010, 19:41

The rims are made of gold and plated with Platinum...

LIRS6
December 9th, 2010, 19:55

Seller asking $22.9k with 100k miles .. why is that so unreasonable? What should it be? I think we should focus on supporting the values of our RS6's, not trashing them on our own website. End of rant.

JSRS6
December 9th, 2010, 20:52
Seller asking $22.9k with 100k miles .. why is that so unreasonable? What should it be? I think we should focus on supporting the values of our RS6's, not trashing them on our own website. End of rant.

And did I mention it has a WARRANTY? lol

Jimmy
December 9th, 2010, 21:25

x2

Thank you for having the stones to post that.

mmaturo
December 9th, 2010, 22:00
...because I could not get that $$ on trade in from my own damn dealer 3 years ago with 65K on the car. end of new rant.

ttboost
December 9th, 2010, 22:09
Trade-in is WAY different than a private sale. Invalid rant...

mmaturo
December 9th, 2010, 22:28
Trade-in is WAY different than a private sale. Invalid rant...

No $hit, (point was how long ago that was the case) but its part of the problem as you have no choice but to private sell this thing. Its valid just not in the line of this post except to say that at auction that car would be at best $15K. Car trades in at 15K or 16K but dealer will turn it around still at 23 or 24. They are not giving fair trade-ins, nor ever have, but will treat the car special once they want to turn and sell it at a bigger margin than most used cars. If it was ever within 4 or 5 K of the actual retail or private sale price my car would have been looooong gone. I prefer a decent trade in for not dealing with the hassle (horrifying letting anyone test drive this thing having tried to sell once...scary as it gets when people do not understand the power this thing has) and at this level saving significantly on the sales tax of a new car which is huge for me (sales tax over 9% so do the math on a $70K plus car).

ttboost
December 9th, 2010, 22:31
Yup..it's a shame. That's why I waited for the right car for the right money and plan to keep it until....

SAF
December 10th, 2010, 02:31
Yeah I hope he gets $25k! The negative talk on a forum that potential new owners may be reading is kind of counter productive.

Hell mine's worth $30k with 97000 miles even if the market doesn't agree.

DHall1
December 10th, 2010, 04:45
Oh geez,

Sorry to start off the firestorm. I looked at the ad again and it sounds like the warranty can be had with the car for an extra price.

So, 23k for a 100k car and pay more for the warranty.

Sorry, there are better deals to be had. The doc just sold his 50k car in excellent condition for 26k.

These are just numbers. I cant say this car is not worth 23k but I can say that I would not pay that amount when other choices are for the taking.

The gold bar phrase was just a joke. No personal thrashing of that owner.

ben916
December 10th, 2010, 05:00
Yeah I hope he gets $25k! The negative talk on a forum that potential new owners may be reading is kind of counter productive.

Hell mine's worth $30k with 97000 miles even if the market doesn't agree.

Agreed, I will keep my comments to myself...

DHall1
December 10th, 2010, 05:30
Sales tax? Try ~9.5% in AZ.

Ask me if I have paid sales tax on any car in the last 10 years? Motorhome?

0 zip nada.

I will never pay sales tax on any vehicle purchase ever again. Never never never.

End rant. I think it was Skribe that said go to WI and license your car. Less fees and lower taxes. Or start a LLC in Montana. No tax.

No $hit, (point was how long ago that was the case) but its part of the problem as you have no choice but to private sell this thing. Its valid just not in the line of this post except to say that at auction that car would be at best $15K. Car trades in at 15K or 16K but dealer will turn it around still at 23 or 24. They are not giving fair trade-ins, nor ever have, but will treat the car special once they want to turn and sell it at a bigger margin than most used cars. If it was ever within 4 or 5 K of the actual retail or private sale price my car would have been looooong gone. I prefer a decent trade in for not dealing with the hassle (horrifying letting anyone test drive this thing having tried to sell once...scary as it gets when people do not understand the power this thing has) and at this level saving significantly on the sales tax of a new car which is huge for me (sales tax over 9% so do the math on a $70K plus car).

ini
December 10th, 2010, 07:48
i hope he gets it....That makes mine a good deal :)

mmaturo
December 11th, 2010, 05:44
Sales tax? Try ~9.5% in AZ.

Ask me if I have paid sales tax on any car in the last 10 years? Motorhome?

0 zip nada.

I will never pay sales tax on any vehicle purchase ever again. Never never never.

End rant. I think it was Skribe that said go to WI and license your car. Less fees and lower taxes. Or start a LLC in Montana. No tax.

10.25 in the city...but can just pay the county 9 something and ignore the city additional tax. My managing partner does the Wisconsin thing but has an address there to use. Looking at getting an R8 next year so need to figure something out.

DHall1
December 11th, 2010, 05:56
Check with your CPA first...

Montana LLC

Set it up for consulting work in your field.

Done.

Trust me, IL is in deep do do and there will be no end to the fees and taxes piled on the poor folks. Hell, IL cant pay the bills now and its not getting any better. Bond ratings are dropping and the s will hit the fan very soon.