PDA

View Full Version : So Cal RS6 Value....Possible Fire sale

ini
December 6th, 2010, 07:27
I will edit this once i get a a chance.

Question for all the Senior RS6 Owners on this board.

2003 RS6 Daytona Grey, Carbon Package, Nav, Phone, On-Star, Cold Weather package, heated seats (dont know much of what i got)

2nd owner
122xxx Miles (all service done at local dealer) No Issue's, Turn the key and drive it.
Car sits in my garage and was going to a collector for me.

Mods:
Lambo Super Sprint Exhaust- mid Cats removed
Black 19" Inch Renntech Wheels wrapped with New Michelin Sport cups
Smoked tail lights
Smoked side markers
BRT Laser Jammer hard wired with on/off concealed switch
Valentine One Radar with Additional Readout

Dealership Service Only
Warranty

Please let me know what a fair price is. I hate to sell this car but I am
buying a car for my Mom for Christmas and cant see her driving this RS everyday.

Please and thank you.

Make offers - I want it gone this week
:)

PALETTE
December 6th, 2010, 14:55
Sems like a alot of Miles, but as long as its all maintained i guess it would be fine.
Why cant your Mom drive the RS everyday? I do??

ben916
December 6th, 2010, 18:48
I will edit this once i get a a chance.

Question for all the Senior RS6 Owners on this board.

2003 RS6 Daytona Grey, Carbon Package, Nav, Phone, On-Star, Cold Weather package, heated seats (dont know much of what i got)

2nd owner
122xxx Miles (all service done at local dealer) No Issue's, Turn the key and drive it.
Car sits in my garage and was going to a collector for me.

Mods:
Lambo Super Sprint Exhaust- mid Cats removed
Black 19" Inch Renntech Wheels wrapped with New Michelin Sport cups
Smoked tail lights
Smoked side markers
BRT Laser Jammer hard wired with on/off concealed switch
Valentine One Radar with Additional Readout

Dealership Service Only
Warranty

Please let me know what a fair price is. I hate to sell this car but I am
buying a car for my Mom for Christmas and cant see her driving this RS everyday.

Please and thank you.

Make offers - I want it gone this week

INI, sorry to hear that you have to let the Beast go as it sounds like it was taken care of...

1. Nothing sells a beast like photos - get some on here/autotrader/quattroworld/audizine/etc.
2. Details like DRC and Timing belt service are critical information regarding this car, especially due to the mileage.
3. Get your location in your profile so others know where in this world you are (ok, So Cal is getting close but not specific enough)
4. Not to give you false hope but the mileage is the killer on the value. A fair price, as many of us watch the current pricing relationship to mileage, would be in a range of $21k - $23k. If you have the OEM rims/exhaust, you might put those items back on and offer the aftermarket items for sale a piece at a time. (Autotrader has one with 102k miles for $22k but stock)

IMHO, you should just keep it and enjoy the miles of smiles...
Hopefully you keep it, but if not, GLWS

ini
December 7th, 2010, 06:17
Thanks Ben for the kind words.
If i got 20K i would be jumping for Joy.
carmax was going to give me 15 and i turned it down

i will take your positive advise

JSRS6
December 7th, 2010, 13:04
How much warranty is left? Update your location?

mmaturo
December 7th, 2010, 21:52
$21K for 100K miles geezzz anything really selling??....anyone can have my 89K car for $23K now...excellent condition, everything has been replaced. Just needs brakes which I'm working on now.

JSRS6
December 7th, 2010, 22:01
$21K for 100K miles geezzz anything really selling??....anyone can have my 89K car for $23K now...excellent condition, everything has been replaced. Just needs brakes which I'm working on now.

Like RIGHT now:
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21876-If-anyone-has-any-front-calipers-burning-a-hole-in-their-shelf-at-home...

LOL

mmaturo
December 7th, 2010, 22:11
hehe yup I tend to mean things literally...full disclosure and all...just came back from shop with new pads but they told me my calipers are starting to jack up the pads early... see proactive quick maintenance.

ini
December 8th, 2010, 15:28
location updated.

And to be clear IF i get 20K i would buy everyone on here a Bottle of the finest Nolet Gin :)

From the PM and the emails i think 17.5 to 16-.5 k would be a safe range...

When you see the car in person and drive it you will agree with me,

There is not a better deal out there for a car with over 100K miles.

Everything has been serviced and replaced also....I will make a list and update

and i am also a maintenance and detail freak. This car is pampered and babied like it has 1,000 miles

DHall1
December 8th, 2010, 15:43
Now your talking.

If the car is maintained and detailed as you say....it should go quick for 17k.

Good luck with the sale. I may even send you a PM

location updated.

And to be clear IF i get 20K i would buy everyone on here a Bottle of the finest Nolet Gin :)

From the PM and the emails i think 17.5 to 16-.5 k would be a safe range...

When you see the car in person and drive it you will agree with me,

There is not a better deal out there for a car with over 100K miles.

Everything has been serviced and replaced also....I will make a list and update

and i am also a maintenance and detail freak. This car is pampered and babied like it has 1,000 miles

CornersWell
December 8th, 2010, 15:48
Well, INI, you've come to the right place, and you'll no doubt touch the best spots. While many folks don't like craigslist, if I were you, I would put an ad up in Cold weather climates (major cities with dealers) like Denver, Minneapolis and so forth. I think buyers in those markets might be most interested. But, that's just my $.02.

GLWS,

CW

ini
December 8th, 2010, 15:58
thanks CW,
thank you for the kind words, I have been a lurker for years and just never had a chance to post. Audizine is no fun anymore

I dont know if i have time....I am trying to buy a car for my MOM for christmas (jeep wrangler)
I guess i can put the RS in storage until i get offers.

I will list in Denver now. I would love to drive it back there again. (lived in Aspen for 2 years)

Well, INI, you've come to the right place, and you'll no doubt touch the best spots. While many folks don't like craigslist, if I were you, I would put an ad up in Cold weather climates (major cities with dealers) like Denver, Minneapolis and so forth. I think buyers in those markets might be most interested. But, that's just my $.02.

GLWS,

CW

ini
December 8th, 2010, 15:58
DHall
you have a PM return.

Now your talking.

If the car is maintained and detailed as you say....it should go quick for 17k.

Good luck with the sale. I may even send you a PM

bendjeff
December 8th, 2010, 23:11
i think we need some pics posted up here

JSRS6
December 8th, 2010, 23:21
i think we need some pics posted up here

Amen!!!!

ini
December 9th, 2010, 04:24
pics up...sorry for the delay....

JSRS6
December 9th, 2010, 04:26
pics up...sorry for the delay....

Sorry, where?

ini
December 9th, 2010, 04:29
maybe someone can help me.
I thought i added to my album
trying now

Sorry, where?

JSRS6
December 9th, 2010, 04:31
Gotcha. People typically post in the thread.

JSRS6
December 9th, 2010, 04:35
No pics in your album yet. I love those rims with the dg exterior though from the other album.

ini
December 9th, 2010, 04:36
SLOW SLOW upload.
:lovl:

ini
December 9th, 2010, 04:37
http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10620
http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10619
http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10618
http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10614
http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10616
http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10617
http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10613
http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10625
http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10624

JSRS6
December 9th, 2010, 04:38
I know what you mean. Same problem, as we can only get verizon dsl where we live.

JSRS6
December 9th, 2010, 04:42
BBS rims?

ini
December 9th, 2010, 04:42
OK....I will find the professional ones tonight....Sorry for the Getto driveway pics

ini
December 9th, 2010, 04:50
Renntech made by renworks i believe.

just added the tyres and wheels with pics

BBS rims?

DHall1
December 9th, 2010, 05:22
Nice looking car.

RF fender paint work?

ini
December 9th, 2010, 05:27
Clear bra on Fenders and hood...
what i am i missing?

Nice looking car.

RF fender paint work?

DHall1
December 9th, 2010, 05:32
Is the clear bra coverage over the entire fender?

There is a paint tint change between the fender and door on the pass side.

ini
December 9th, 2010, 05:36
Clear bra was on the hood full and fender half.
Took it off about a year ago....
I am the second owner and i know the first owner very well.
No accidents as far as i know

I think the pics make it look funky. I will upload and email you better ones as soon as i find them. I went to a car show and a photog took some pictures for me. They look AWESOME with a professional camera

ini
December 9th, 2010, 05:41
So the Question is....what is it worth???

Should i try and list it for 20K or just be happy with 16K

I honestly don't have the time to hassle with tyre kickers, Nore the patience to deal with every kid or jimmy racer asking to "drive it because I really want it"

so i just want to fire sale it and say goodbye to my beast....

I will sweetin the deal to anyone from this board.....

I will pay you a HEFTY finders fee if you bring me a seller.....

NO BS. I say what i do, I do what i say.

twinsteve
December 9th, 2010, 16:17
So the Question is....what is it worth???

Should i try and list it for 20K or just be happy with 16K

I honestly don't have the time to hassle with tyre kickers, Nore the patience to deal with every kid or jimmy racer asking to "drive it because I really want it"

so i just want to fire sale it and say goodbye to my beast....

I will sweetin the deal to anyone from this board.....

I will pay you a HEFTY finders fee if you bring me a seller.....

NO BS. I say what i do, I do what i say.

I have a good friend in MA looking for an RS6 and he is more than ok with higher mileage....will let you know if he is interested

twinsteve
December 9th, 2010, 17:40
PM sent..I have a friend interested

mmaturo
December 9th, 2010, 18:00
PM sent..I have a friend interested

Mine really is available just haven't advertised it yet. Datona/silver. Everything replaced too long to list or find my tons of posts on the multitude of things my car has gone through to sort it out, no issues in last 12 months...none to do with the engine ever; dealer serviced, 89K, one of a kind 19" OEM 5 spoke RS6+ wheels in the US, RNSE, great shape, plus original 18" wheels w snows painted titanium finish too. No accidents but paintwork due to scrapes on rear fender and front fender. Front fender from dealer not removing screws and they scratched the fender when putting the bumper back on. Rear quarter/bumper from parking lot hit. Have pics of all, and work was done at top shop in Chicago land area. So had both bumpers resprayed and two quarter panels then clearbra on the nose. Rest of sides perfect, no dings no scratches anywhere now. Interior in excellent shape. Strong engine. Dyno'd years ago on an optimistic one but it pulled 395 at the wheels both hp and torque. Mine is a low 4 0-60 car and it shows by my stoplight kills. Never chipped, no other mods, stock other than high temp brake fluid. Timing belt done in the 70Ks and everything else good. Nothing needed out the door but rotors that i will be getting on it soon. You get my $700 OEM RS6 logo mats for free too.

PALETTE
December 9th, 2010, 18:18
Ok is it me or does it look like the car is sitting a little high?

mmaturo
December 9th, 2010, 18:56
back looks a little bit. But may be more of an issue of the angle we are looking at it.

ben916
December 9th, 2010, 19:35
Ok is it me or does it look like the car is sitting a little high?

I was gonna post that also but waited... Looks like the round 2 of the DRC is +1" high or so...

mmaturo
December 9th, 2010, 20:51
Having just returned from a meeting in my car yes this one is sitting a little high. I'm on the new and 'improved' DRC and mine is resting lower so that the wheel arch gap to the tire looks nearly even around the tire with the rear a little more so than the front. My repair I know was done correctly with the discussion here and with my tech at the time.

ini
December 10th, 2010, 07:38
just got to a computer and was able to read the post.

First off Mmaturo. Are you selling your car?

Second the DRC was done under warranty about 6 months ago...i don't drive the beast a ton so i never get a chance to compare it to another RS.

How do i bring it down to a "lowered" level? I have skimmed the forums and know it seems to sit higher then before it DRC swap.

mmaturo
December 10th, 2010, 21:14
Sorry about the thread jack but yes I am wanting to sell my car at this point but only posted here as have not have the energy to get it on Autotrader. I was going to wait until spring but it doesn't matter at this point as I have pretty much put the car away for winter. I think if you go back to the dealer and let them know you think it is sitting high they should rebleed/pressurize the system. They should do it on the alignment rack though so that the suspension is loaded.

ini
December 11th, 2010, 03:33
Need to give a shout out and a THANK YOU to JSRS6...

Guys, He took the liberty to list my car on a classified facebook page without me asking...

That right their speaks for the kind of person he is and the passion he has for our cars...

THANK YOU JSRS6

Make your way To California and i owe you Diner and drinks for you and your lady...

ini
December 11th, 2010, 17:21
Car is listed on Ebay.....Come on someone knows someone who wants a RS6 cheap

HEFTY Finders fee before christmas.....HEFTY

DHall1
December 11th, 2010, 17:40
Still waiting for better pictures...

As to the DRC. I need to write up a thread with just these instructions because we seem to go over this every 3 weeks.

The control arms may have been tightened with the car in the air. That is why you have a 4x4 DRC setup.

Put on alignment rack, loosen the control arm bolts on all 4 corners. Settle car or drive around the block. Put on alignment rack and torque each bolt with load on the wheels. Done

DHall1
December 11th, 2010, 17:45
In addition. Here is your competition. 80k car with extended warranty to 6/2013 and 120000 miles. Buy it now for 23,9. The Platinum warranty alone at that mileage is well over 7k of value.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-AUDI-RS6-450-HP-TWIN-TURBO-1-850-WTY-2013-/370465587319?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item5641784077

I think you will find a sweet spot between 16 and 20k. List it for buy it now at 20 and set reserve at 16k. The markets will decide.

ini
December 11th, 2010, 21:39
Yea i just lowered the reserve and the starting price....I was going to pay someone 1,500 to sell it for me so ill just take it off the car and sell myself.

In addition. Here is your competition. 80k car with extended warranty to 6/2013 and 120000 miles. Buy it now for 23,9. The Platinum warranty alone at that mileage is well over 7k of value.
Yea i just lowered the reserve and the starting price....I was going to pay someone 1,500 to sell it for me so ill just take it off the car and sell myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-AUDI-RS6-450-HP-TWIN-TURBO-1-850-WTY-2013-/370465587319?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item5641784077

I think you will find a sweet spot between 16 and 20k. List it for buy it now at 20 and set reserve at 16k. The markets will decide.

FlipRS6
December 11th, 2010, 21:47
Car is listed on Ebay.....Come on someone knows someone who wants a RS6 cheap

HEFTY Finders fee before christmas.....HEFTY

I think you should have no problem selling your car around 20k, in fact is should go fast considering there are other rs6's on autotrader going for as high as 39k... granted they have considerably less mileage, but any way, when they see the price you are listing yours it will appear as a steal.... I have a brother-in-law who is absolutely obsessed with my car and has been looking to find a beast for him selg at a good value. Im going to send him the pics you posted along with the price and other details if thats ok with you... also would you consider selling your wheels and tires seperatly?

ini
December 11th, 2010, 21:49
I don't need the cash so im not going to be greedy as you can see i think the "fire sale" has started.I just want it to go to a good home and to someone who respects the RS...

I have 5 days to sell it...after that the poor beast is going to carmax and they will "kill" it.

So husky GM will drive the piss out of it and than auction it.

ini
December 11th, 2010, 21:51
Well i just dropped it to 16,000 so its a steal now :)

Yea PM me and i will give you a phone #

I think you should have no problem selling your car around 20k, in fact is should go fast considering there are other rs6's on autotrader going for as high as 39k... granted they have considerably less mileage, but any way, when they see the price you are listing yours it will appear as a steal.... I have a brother-in-law who is absolutely obsessed with my car and has been looking to find a beast for him selg at a good value. Im going to send him the pics you posted along with the price and other details if thats ok with you... also would you consider selling your wheels and tires seperatly?

ini
December 11th, 2010, 22:11
washing it as we speak....
80 degrees in So Cal means car wash time

http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10634
http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10633
http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10630

ini
December 12th, 2010, 02:14
http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10636

ben916
December 12th, 2010, 02:44
looking good!

ini
December 12th, 2010, 20:35
DHall,
did you get the pictures ???

Still waiting for better pictures...

As to the DRC. I need to write up a thread with just these instructions because we seem to go over this every 3 weeks.

The control arms may have been tightened with the car in the air. That is why you have a 4x4 DRC setup.

Put on alignment rack, loosen the control arm bolts on all 4 corners. Settle car or drive around the block. Put on alignment rack and torque each bolt with load on the wheels. Done

snoopra
December 12th, 2010, 21:47
Nice pics, good luck on the sale! Driveway looks like mine; RS 6, Escalade, White truck:)

ini
December 14th, 2010, 16:25
Thank You....
No luck still....only can i drive it emails :)

Nice pics, good luck on the sale! Driveway looks like mine; RS 6, Escalade, White truck:)

ini
December 18th, 2010, 17:07
no offers ? dont you guys have friends that want a cheap toy.
MAKE OFFERS

ini
December 21st, 2010, 00:20
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Got a buyer who came to see the car in person.
Said the car was in better condition then words and pictures could describe.

See you guys on the Ferrari Chat forums now. come say Hi when you get a chance.

Thanks Audi RS6 Lovers

:hey:

ben916
December 21st, 2010, 00:26
congrats !!!!!!