PDA

View Full Version : Non butyl headlight

JSRS6
December 1st, 2010, 15:20
Hey guys. Got my headlights from the shop owner and am currently right in the middle of blacking them out and clear cornering them. I am past the point of no return on the driver side headlight and started on the passenger headlight, and I find that it's a newer one. I already pm'ed skribe, but I thought I'd ask you guys. I have to do this headlight now, any suggestions?

JSRS6
December 2nd, 2010, 05:46
Well, it wasnt pretty, but i did it. Before and after photos for yall:1060210603

Shop owner is gonna clear up the old headlight(driver side) tomorrow when i give them back for install.

speedtrapped
December 2nd, 2010, 11:06
They look great Josh, how did you end up prying the lens?, crowbar?

MaxRS6
December 2nd, 2010, 12:10
Congrats Josh!

JSRS6
December 2nd, 2010, 15:02
They look great Josh, how did you end up prying the lens?, crowbar?

Well, like I said, it wasn't pretty. If I had tried to do the second one first, I probably would have just not done it. But since I already had the other one done, I pretty much had to. So I used a dremel cutting wheel and very carefully cut along the seam, being careful not to go too deep(Har Har). Once I went all the way around, it was easy like Sunday mornin. Cutting a clean line is essential to resealing the headlight. Once I was ready to put it back together, I fitted the lens back on the housing and replaced the clips all the way around. I recommend using the loc-tite quick epoxy with the self mixing syringes. Oh, and clean the seams on the housing side as well as the lens side. That way the Epoxy will stick well. and just fill in the gap cut by the dremel wheel. Let it cure overnight, and remove one clamp at a time and make sure there are no gaps, if so, fill in. Replace clamps and voila!

JSRS6
December 3rd, 2010, 00:23
Replaced my REALLY leaky stock intercoolers today with the set I Resealed. Also got the control arms in, gonna put them on tomorrow. Hopefully she is ready tomorrow.

speedtrapped
December 3rd, 2010, 00:45
busy beaver, let us know how she runs w/ sealed iC's

JSRS6
December 3rd, 2010, 00:51
busy beaver, let us know how she runs w/ sealed iC's

...and aces! Should be in the mail tomorrow. But I don't think the n75 will be in till Saturday. :-(