PDA

View Full Version : Monticello Motor Club

speedtrapped
November 30th, 2010, 21:15
So any members here ever use this club, I for one have not, its private and expensive....BUT I only have 2 charities near and dera to my heart, St Judes and Ronald McDonald house. My industry had a blind auction event on the behalf of St Jude 3 weeks ago. I saw 2 items I wanted, 1 was a day driving 6 exotics the other was a "taste of the track", full day at Monticello Motor Club, driving instruction, and driving sessions...10 hours....It was not cheap, but given the cause worth every penny....

check this site out. 4.1 miles of track!

http://monticellomotorclub.com/track/facilities/

MaxRS6
December 1st, 2010, 00:00
That looks like a win/win for charity/you.

It should be a blast and update us with pics/vids when you go out on it..00

speedtrapped
December 1st, 2010, 02:19
Ty Max I cant wait....i expect it wont be till spring, weather there now is close to snow season.

Jimmy
December 1st, 2010, 17:28
The track is GREAT.... its very well done, fun to drive, and beautiful to boot. Although the day I was there we weren't running the 'full' 4 mile track layout.

Many area car clubs 'rent' it now, its not as exclusive as they would have you think, and its not that bad price-wise if you bring your own car. Our local Audi club just started track days there in 2010. But if you can pony up the funds to run one of the track-owned race-prepped cars, even better.

You will undoubtedly say the money you donated to charity was well worth it after your time there. When is your track date?

speedtrapped
December 1st, 2010, 17:53
waiting on the package from st judes, but i would expect not till spring? but thanks for feedback, I cant wait! They are supplying me with track car.

Jimmy
December 2nd, 2010, 19:51
I hope you get one of their Ferrari 355 track cars ! They could open up the track in early March...like Lime Rock Park does.

But hey, even if they give you a prepped MX-5 you'll have an awesome time.

timrideout
December 3rd, 2010, 02:59
Many area car clubs 'rent' it now, its not as exclusive as they would have you think, and its not that bad price-wise if you bring your own car. Our local Audi club just started track days there in 2010. But if you can pony up the funds to run one of the track-owned race-prepped cars, even better.?

I wish you were right, but Monticello is not renting to clubs anymore. They openned up a few days in their first two years as an introduction to us enthusiasts but thats it. We already called for days in 2011 and were told again, sorry, no more track days - members only!

I cant afford their $125,000 membership and really want to drive the track again. but then I looked online and saw a nice option - a corporate members for four people for $25000 a person. Im in. I just need 3 more to say yes. Let me know!