PDA

View Full Version : What is that cooler behind the pass side intercooler?

arS6
November 27th, 2010, 16:57
Just noticed it the other day. Nothing wrong with it but just couldn't figure out what it was. The motor oil cooler is in the front. The tranny oil cooler is also in the front (the same unit as the motor oil cooler). The power steering cooler is also in the front. So what's the one behind the pass intercooler?

In the 2.7T tiptronics, the tranny oil cooler is behind the driver intercooler.

JSRS6
November 27th, 2010, 17:19
It is a part of the warm weather package. The auxiliary radiators are mounted behind BOTH intercoolers, and tied into the coolant loop.

hahnmgh63
November 27th, 2010, 17:24
Every RS6 in North America has the two small extra radiators that are behind the left & right intercoolers (actually mounted together inline). In the rest of the world these only came with a "Hot weather package". I guess they figured our slow ass driving with traffic & speed limits in N. America made the extra radiators a must. Not to be confused with the "Warm Weather package" which gives the Solar Sunroof & side rear window shades and the rear window electric shade.

JSRS6
November 27th, 2010, 17:29
My bad mr. Hahn...;-)

V8weight
November 27th, 2010, 17:32
My bad mr. Hahn...;-)
Josh, did you get your N75 stuff figured out?

JSRS6
November 27th, 2010, 17:38
Not yet. It's going into the shop all next week. Hopefully at the end of the week. I did, however, order new upper control arms from fcp. It appears that all my upper inner bushings and both my left upper outer ball joints are shot.

arS6
November 27th, 2010, 18:27
Every RS6 in North America has the two small extra radiators that are behind the left & right intercoolers (actually mounted together inline). In the rest of the world these only came with a "Hot weather package". I guess they figured our slow ass driving with traffic & speed limits in N. America made the extra radiators a must. Not to be confused with the "Warm Weather package" which gives the Solar Sunroof & side rear window shades and the rear window electric shade.

Thanks! Good to know.