PDA

View Full Version : Where is the +12v from the battery in the engine bay?

arS6
November 22nd, 2010, 23:04
I see the neg from the battery. It's right behind the coolant reservoir. I can't seem to find the large wire + 12v from the battery in the engine bay. I need to attach my HID fogs to the + battery. Thanks.

JSRS6
November 22nd, 2010, 23:39
Look under the dash for the power terminal block.

arS6
November 23rd, 2010, 02:27
Look under the dash for the power terminal block.

I rather not have to run a wire from under the dash and through the firewall.

JSRS6
November 23rd, 2010, 02:38
Can you tap off the + for each headlight?

hahnmgh63
November 23rd, 2010, 02:56
Under the plastic firewall cowl cover.

arS6
November 23rd, 2010, 05:08
Can you tap off the + for each headlight?

You CAN but I rather get it from the battery. I got the + from the foglight connector and it powers the HID on but sometimes it flickers or wont even turn on. So I'm guessing getting the + from the headlights might be the same. I want to get the + from the battery and use the + from the foglight connector as the switch.

arS6
November 23rd, 2010, 05:09
Under the plastic firewall cowl cover.

Well, I got that far by myself. Found the ground wire (that was easy). But can't seem to find the + from he battery. All the wires are black!

hahnmgh63
November 23rd, 2010, 16:04
Mine is under the cowl on the passenger side with a plastic cover. Just like all of the other Audi's I've had in the past, a large jumper lug to hook jumper cables and such onto.

arS6
November 24th, 2010, 03:55
Mine is under the cowl on the passenger side with a plastic cover. Just like all of the other Audi's I've had in the past, a large jumper lug to hook jumper cables and such onto.

Found it thanks! The NEG that I found was actually the POSITIVE! HA! I guessed that it was the NEG since I saw it bolted down tot he frame. All fixed. HID fogs come on all the time now. No flicker.