PDA

View Full Version : Picture: Those motorbikers are really crazy...

Erik
September 23rd, 2003, 19:57
Taking pictures of race cars is challeging. You never know what will show up once the pictures gets developed.
Taking pictures of motorbikes is even harder.

Here is one of a daredevil that lap after lap drove very fast and also put his knee down as often as he could.

Note the sparks... :MTM:

Erik
September 23rd, 2003, 20:17
Here's more proof, people on 2 wheels are crazy! :D

Co\\'boy
October 3rd, 2003, 19:55
Indeed, I have seen that race bake at THE Ring as well.

The bad weather is upon us, I hope I can visit the Nordschleife a few times ;)

Take care guys

:cheers:

krm
October 4th, 2003, 04:47
Some crazy people indeed!

Are those sparks behind the bike on the 1st pic? :confused:

Erik
October 4th, 2003, 11:03
Originally posted by krm
Are those sparks behind the bike on the 1st pic? :confused:

Yes, they use titanium kneepads. Very cool effects!

Co\\'boy
October 5th, 2003, 00:24
Well, No, I don't think that are sparks.

I have seen bikers with those titanium kneepads(or whatever material those is made of) touching the tarmac before and I m sorry to say but I don't think that that are sparks. I have never seen that the sparks last that long.

If they touch the tarmac the only place were you can see the sparks is the space between the knee and the tarmac so ... . If those photos are recent ones then there is a big possibility that it are leaves or so, cause the fall is kicking in :360: :D And there are some dangerous places on the circuit during the fall due the leaves.

I have made a photo of a biker touching the tarmac, you see the sparks quite clearly. If I can find the photos I will post it on the forum or else on my small ftp-server and will send you peeps the link :alig:

ps: I love the smiley with the afro haircut

Keep Care people :cheers:

Cowboy

Erik
October 5th, 2003, 11:36
Co\\'boy, I can assure you that they are sparks - nothing else.

I saw him lap after lap doing the same thing, I was just lucky to catch it on a photo.

There are no leaves on the circuit at this time. Looking forward to your pictures!

Here's a larger picture:

Co\\'boy
October 5th, 2003, 14:01
Hi Erik,

Indeed, Thanks for the larger picture. Nice work !

I thought it was impossible cause you see that the bike is almost out of the corner and the sparks are clearly behind him and I must say that they are quite big. I was wrong.

The funny thing is that I think I made my picture from the same place as you did:hihi: Its a top spot to make pictures from. You can actualy hear the biker coming, you hear whether he is touching the tarmac with his kneepad. Another very very nice spot is the corner just behind Metzgesfeld. And Kallenhard as well. Although that the last one (Kallenhard) is a dangerous spot.

I already posted the following link on the forum but I updated the small ftp server. http://users.pandora.be/jokke1/Nurburgring%2024h%202003/

I added some new pictures on it. I made those from the inside at Aremberg.

When I m going to the Nordschleife next year I will let you know, maybe we can have a chat or so, guess that would be nice :D

Thanks alot to settle the matter.

Take care

Cowboy

Co\\'boy
October 6th, 2003, 18:10
Hi Erik and to all other members,

I have founded the photo of the biker touching the tarmac with his kneepad. Here it is.

Your photo is much better thou. Anyway have fun with it, if anyone wants that photo in a higher resolution please let me know then.

:alig:

Cowboy