PDA

View Full Version : VW Golf VII R

AndyBG
November 22nd, 2010, 21:03
Now, when we have RS 3 released, I was wondering when will this 2.5 T engine find its place in other VAG cars, and Golf VII R was first tought...

Anyone else have same opinion...?

Ruergard
November 23rd, 2010, 06:43
I'd like it in the A1. ;)

tailpipe
November 23rd, 2010, 18:49
I'm not sure that the 2.5-litre 5-cylinder engine will make it into a VW Golf R. at all.

The Golf R eclipsed Audi's own S3 model by offering a better driving experience using the same basic mechanicals, engine and power but with a better set-up. The RS3 now restores Audi's rightful place in the VW-Audi-Porsche Empire pecking order.

I nearly bought a Golf R, but in the end it just didn't have the quality of the latest Audi's and I don't like the styling. The Mk VI Golf has aged much more quickly than the model it replaced. I don't like either the front headlights or rear lights design. I always think that facelifts screw up perfectly good designs. (The forthcoming C-Class facelift totally destroys the elegant lines of the current model, if spy shops are anything to go on.)

i am sure the Golf VII will be a much better car than either the Golf V or VI, but will it be better than the next A3? I'm not sure.

Zyklon5
November 23rd, 2010, 21:58
I always think that facelifts screw up perfectly good designs. (The forthcoming C-Class facelift totally destroys the elegant lines of the current model, if spy shops are anything to go on.) .

Mercedes is especially bad at mid life face-lifts, i don't remember one that wasn't an angular franken-car with more LED's than a christmas tree. From what I've seen the new C-Klasse is going to hit new lows.

2.5 TFSI in any other brand than Audi would ruin it's aura in a split second. I'm very curious how the 2.5TFSI would stack up against the 3.0 TFSI on the same car/gearbox.

AndyBG
November 23rd, 2010, 22:06
I'm not sure that the 2.5-litre 5-cylinder engine will make it into a VW Golf R. at all..

I have a feeling that , Golf VII R is going to get it!
Don't forgget that Golf VI is actually a facelift of Golf V, and with Golf VII VW will try to reclaim Golfs leading place in world of hot hatches...

I'm very curious how the 2.5TFSI would stack up against the 3.0 TFSI on the same car/gearbox.

I think that we want see that happening... No model can have those engines in a same time, at least that is how I see the situation now.

Joker
November 24th, 2010, 10:29
I kind of hope the 2.5L remains in Audi's hands because it's 5cyl odd beat is part of it's history and should remain that way, I only hope the engine makes it into other models because it's a unique selling point over BMW and Mercedes.

AndyBG
November 25th, 2010, 01:17
I think it will be used over whole range of VAG cars with transversal engine lay out...

It will be perfect substitude for outgoing V6 engine (3.6 VR6)...

Joker
November 28th, 2010, 10:34
I think it will be used over whole range of VAG cars with transversal engine lay out...

It will be perfect substitude for outgoing V6 engine (3.6 VR6)...

Would you not prefer this unique sound that have such a history with Audi that is not the case with any other within the VAG stable to remain that way?

If it remain exclusive to Audi but is adopted thoughout their range then it would become a unique selling point over not only the competition but from within the VAG brands as well.

Z07
November 28th, 2010, 11:29
I'd like it in a MkI Golf.

AndyBG
November 28th, 2010, 12:55
Would you not prefer this unique sound that have such a history with Audi that is not the case with any other within the VAG stable to remain that way?

If it remain exclusive to Audi but is adopted thoughout their range then it would become a unique selling point over not only the competition but from within the VAG brands as well.

Its not about what would I like, its about what is most economical for VAG...

I'm affraid that within such a big group as VAG certanly is, very few things can stay ''unique''...