PDA

View Full Version : Mod! can we make a Performance Sticky??

PALETTE
November 22nd, 2010, 04:13
Please!!!:harass:

ben916
November 22nd, 2010, 04:44
not sure it will happen b/c the other ones have been asked about so many times...
Especially the DRC, service intervals, etc
Not sure about the C6 RS6 sticky...

PALETTE
November 22nd, 2010, 05:37
Figures! Its not a Honda so why would we benefit right!

Erik
November 22nd, 2010, 06:57
What exactly are you after? :confused:

PALETTE
November 22nd, 2010, 13:48
What exactly are you after? :confused:
Erik, I wanted to start a Thread with what RS6 owners have done to there cars and what Gains they have made. At the top of the Thread if we can have the User name along with his Make and model of the car (RS6) and then what is 0-60 is , 1/4 mile and Top MPH. I know there are not many cars but its something to look forward to to see how much better one car is over the other.. Just a thought...

Erik
November 22nd, 2010, 14:21
Erik, I wanted to start a Thread with what RS6 owners have done to there cars and what Gains they have made. At the top of the Thread if we can have the User name along with his Make and model of the car (RS6) and then what is 0-60 is , 1/4 mile and Top MPH. I know there are not many cars but its something to look forward to to see how much better one car is over the other.. Just a thought...

OK. If you make the (easy to use) "template" that everyone can use I'll make the post and can then copy paste the results people write in the thread.
Deal?

PALETTE
November 22nd, 2010, 14:23
OK. If you make the (easy to use) "template" that everyone can use I'll make the post and can then copy paste the results people write in the thread.
Deal?
DONE!!!!

I will get it over to you today!

DHall1
November 22nd, 2010, 14:25
Choose test points. Example, I dont know of many RS6 owners that have tested top speeds. With 75mph speed limits on US highways not many of us want to wear pink underwear in jail. Ditto on 1/4 mile drag times. I would say 15 owners have drag raced their cars at any given time.

0-60
60-100

That is a start

PALETTE
November 22nd, 2010, 14:33
Choose test points. Example, I dont know of many RS6 owners that have tested top speeds. With 75mph speed limits on US highways not many of us want to wear pink underwear in jail. Ditto on 1/4 mile drag times. I would say 15 owners have drag raced their cars at any given time.

0-60
60-100

That is a start

I will add that.
The top MPH is for the Drag strip anyone trying to do that on the road knows its a big NO NO, and i would never advise anyone to even try it.

Erik
November 22nd, 2010, 14:54
The top MPH is for the Drag strip anyone trying to do that on the road knows its a big NO NO, and i would never advise anyone to even try it.

You mean like this? :D

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/MTM-2008-Web-12.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/MTM-2008-Web-11.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/15829-RS6.com-report-300-km-h-in-the-new-Audi-RS6-MTM-RS6-666-hp-MTM-R8-Kompressor-etc.?highlight=autobahn

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/HC2004-50.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/E55-RS6-M5-4.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/10851-RS6.com-5-years!-Audi-RS6-videos-and-articles-from-the-history-book?highlight=autobahn

Sorry, just have to post this priceless picture again :D

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/DBR-2.jpg

snoopra
November 22nd, 2010, 15:51
Top speed run can be done on an airport runway:)

1/4 mile top speed is never more than 110mph

PALETTE
November 22nd, 2010, 19:53
Here is what i proposed

Audi street vehicle Performance list.
<O:pScroll down to see 1/4 mile, 0-60, 60-100 mph and standing mile lists.

When comparing the below numbers, please keep in mind that variances in temperature, humidity, track conditions, and driver ability, can all have a significant impact on the data.

For those that don't follow 1/4 mile drag racing; E.T. (Elapsed Time) is primarily a derivative of the launch, while Trap Speed (MPH achieved at the end of the run) is primarily a derivative of the amount of power being put to the ground on that specific track, that specific day. Trap Speed can be used tell you almost exactly how much hp your car is making at the wheels, assuming you use the correct calculations.

If you'd like a Audi C5 or C6 run to be added to the list, please provide proof of the run. Only 1/4 mile times from timeslips and/or video (preferably both) will be accepted for this list. No GPS based, datalogger 1/4 mile times will be accepted.

1/4 mile E.T.'s/Trap Speeds:

Audi C5 RS6 / Audi C6 RS6:
In order of E.T.:
11.00 @ 110.00 – EXAMPLE
11.10 @ 109.25 - EXAMPLE

Audi C5 RS6 / Audi C6 RS6:
In order of Trap Speed:
114.55 - EXAMPLE

GPS based performance computer/accelerometer times (V-Box, Drift Box or Performance Box )

PLEASE NOTE: Only GPS based, datalogger times from V-box equipment (Drift Box, Performance Box, or V-Box) will be accepted for this list. No extrapolated times from 1/4 mile time-slips. Also, all submitted data must be reviewed for accuracy
*NOTE: The maximum allowed downhill slope over the course of the run is 3.00%. Any run that exceeds 3.00% will not be posted on the list.

0-60 mph / 96.56 kph<O:p

4.40 - PALETTE / C5 RS6 / Stock
4.55 - ??????? / C5 RS6 / EUROTUNE

60-100 mph / 96.56 - 160.94 kph<O:p

10.52 - PALETTE / C5 RS6 / Stock
10.54 - ??????? / C5 RS6 / EUROTUNE

Erik
November 22nd, 2010, 20:13
Opinions before I stick it.

DHall1
November 22nd, 2010, 20:37
Everyone knows that Avus/black is the fastest.

Ok, now post it.

PALETTE
November 22nd, 2010, 21:30
Everyone knows that Avus/black is the fastest.

Ok, now post it.

Who?????

ben916
November 22nd, 2010, 22:04
Opinions before I stick it.

Does this effect the other 5 that are there or does one have to come off?

ttboost
November 23rd, 2010, 01:22
Nice job Corey. Looks like the 28th will be a track day for me, for some baselining...

PALETTE
November 23rd, 2010, 01:49
Nice job Corey. Looks like the 28th will be a track day for me, for some baselining...

Nice!!!! cant wait to hear how you do !:jlol:

ttboost
November 23rd, 2010, 02:12
Nice!!!! cant wait to hear how you do !:jlol:

I apologize for doubting how fast your car is... did you get my text?

PALETTE
November 23rd, 2010, 03:24
I apologize for doubting how fast your car is... did you get my text?

Yes i did!! Way to go there guy! ttboost runs a 4.4 with his stock set up!! Told ya guy!

Erik
November 23rd, 2010, 07:47
Does this effect the other 5 that are there or does one have to come off?

Actually, sticking a thread doesn't make more poeple read it (usually).

I have another idea, and it's top make a sticky DIY and "things good to know" in one thread.

Here we go...
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21825-The-RS6.com-FAQ-and-collection-of-DIY

Erik
November 23rd, 2010, 08:47
I suggest that we also approve logs from Driftboxes, PF boxes and similar accurate devices. http://www.driftbox.com/

I'd also like to see 60-130 mph and/or 100-200 km/h.

ttboost
November 23rd, 2010, 12:02
My first official attempt at some baseline numbers using a Performance Box. I actually ran a 4.4 and realized that I didn't push the SD card in!!! My car is completely stock right now.10545

ttboost
December 4th, 2010, 01:51
OK...Some baseline performance numbers from my bone stock RS6. (scaled at the track - 4237lbs empty w/1/8 tank of fuel), 4435lbs going down the track)

Best 0-60 - 4.6 (P box)
Best 0-100 - 10.3 (P Box)
Best 60-130 - 14.36 (P Box)
Best 1/4 Mile/trap - 13.2, 105mph (time slip)
Dyno (for those that care about dyno numbers) 318awhp, 404awtq (on a Mustang Dyno)

I installed MTM TCU chip today. Seemed to act funny on the dyno, so decided NOT to flash ECU and drive a few hundred miles to see if it "learns". It already seems better after 40-50 miles or so. Much happier with the way it shifts now.

JSRS6
December 4th, 2010, 02:10
what were the conditions for the dyno? Are you running aces? You know, for those of us that care about numbers ;-)

ttboost
December 4th, 2010, 02:13
what were the conditions for the dyno? Are you running aces? You know, for those of us that care about numbers ;-)

It was about 60-65 or so in the shop today for the dyno. It was in the high 40's , low 50's at the track last weekend. No Aces.

JSRS6
December 4th, 2010, 02:35
Is it just me or do the dyno numbers look off? Hp is low and tq is high? Like almost crank tq at the wheel? I'm just sayin...The times look good though. 1/4 is spot on.

JSRS6
December 4th, 2010, 02:36
What I'm not sayin is it's anything against you. If the dyno was accurate, then something may be amiss....

V8weight
December 4th, 2010, 02:43
OK...Some baseline performance numbers from my bone stock RS6. (scaled at the track - 4237lbs empty w/1/8 tank of fuel), 4435lbs going down the track)

Best 0-60 - 4.6 (P box)
Dyno (for those that care about dyno numbers) 318awhp, 404awtq (on a Mustang Dyno)

I installed MTM TCU chip today. Seemed to act funny on the dyno, so decided NOT to flash ECU and drive a few hundred miles to see if it "learns". It already seems better after 40-50 miles or so. Much happier with the way it shifts now.
I don't know about this P-box gadget. If my logic is correct, your 0-100 times are 10.3, and your quarter mile time is 13.2 @ 105, so your 100-105 time is 2.9? I think the P-box is ridiculously optimistic, unless you're doing your runs downhill.

V8weight
December 4th, 2010, 02:46
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're out pushing, and enjoying the car, it's just that the P-box numbers that I'm seeing from you and Pallett are different than what I'm used to with the Vag-com.

ttboost
December 4th, 2010, 03:24
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're out pushing, and enjoying the car, it's just that the P-box numbers that I'm seeing from you and Pallett are different than what I'm used to with the Vag-com.

Just checked my file. 100-105 is actually 1.12 on a 1.6% decline. Look at my post above showing the Pbox. I went from 50-70 in 2.2 sec. Why is it so hard to believe? You're already moving? It's what I am used to using. I understand what Vagcom is and I just bought it too, but how can it really tell you what your real world performance is? Can it tell you what your 1/4 mile and trap speed is? Performance box is a satellite.

ttboost
December 4th, 2010, 03:26
Is it just me or do the dyno numbers look off? Hp is low and tq is high? Like almost crank tq at the wheel? I'm just sayin...The times look good though. 1/4 is spot on.

That's the reason I am not, and have never been, a big dyno number guy...just starts trouble. A Dyno is a TOOL that shows progression. All that matters is the difference between the number you start with and the number you end with.

Oh and all those performance numbers above were not all from the same run or runs, they are the best of all my attempts...

ttboost
December 4th, 2010, 03:34
On the other forum Palette and I hang out on, the Performance Box is pretty much the only acceptable tool to measure performance (other than time slips for trap speed), so EVERYONE has the SAME TOOL to measure performance. It has a 1 foot rollout "check box" to help with 1/4 mile times. It is usually within a tenth at the dragstrip. Trap speed on the P box is effected by the 1 foot rollout, that's why the other forum requires a time slip for trap speed. The data cannot be "fudged".

JSRS6
December 4th, 2010, 03:37
Just checked my file. 100-105 is actually 1.12 on a 1.6% decline. Look at my post above showing the Pbox. I went from 50-70 in 2.2 sec. Why is it so hard to believe? You're already moving? It's what I am used to using. I understand what Vagcom is and I just bought it too, but how can it really tell you what your real world performance is? Can it tell you what your 1/4 mile and trap speed is? Performance box is a satellite.

Aren't all calculations b-c where b doesn't equal 0 a snapshot during your acceleration anyway. You do 0-150. You calculate how long it takes you to get from 60-130 during that acceleration run. What pat is getting at is why did your p-box say your 0-100 was 10.3 and then it takes you another 2.9 to go another 5 mph?

JSRS6
December 4th, 2010, 03:39
Your 0-100 should have been higher.

ttboost
December 4th, 2010, 03:44
Aren't all calculations b-c where b doesn't equal 0 a snapshot during your acceleration anyway. You do 0-150. You calculate how long it takes you to get from 60-130 during that acceleration run. What pat is getting at is why did your p-box say your 0-100 was 10.3 and then it takes you another 2.9 to go another 5 mph?

Your 0-100 should have been higher.

Again, guys ...as I said, these numbers in post #24 were NOT all from the same runs. These are my BEST attempts at each measure. I realize you guys use Vagcom here. Can someone go out and use the Vagcom and tell me what the 100-105 is with a stock car? I am more than willing to let someone use my Performance Box to test their car.

JSRS6
December 4th, 2010, 03:59
Do you understand the point I am getting at though? Assuming your 1/4 mile is correct, and I believe it is, your 0-100 would have been higher, like 12s. If you did indeed get a 10.3 0-100 on another run, add 2s on the VERY conservative side and you just ran a 12.3 1/4 stock. But I would be happy to use your p-box on my car, purely for scientific purposes mind you ;-)

V8weight
December 4th, 2010, 04:12
Do you understand the point I am getting at though? Assuming your 1/4 mile is correct, and I believe it is, your 0-100 would have been higher, like 12s. If you did indeed get a 10.3 0-100 on another run, add 2s on the VERY conservative side and you just ran a 12.3 1/4 stock. But I would be happy to use your p-box on my car, purely for scientific purposes mind you ;-)
This is what I was getting at, according to the 0-100 and 100-105 times provided by the Pbox, we're looking at a 11.5 1/4 mile E.T.

JSRS6
December 4th, 2010, 04:16
Perhaps he isnt stock?

V8weight
December 4th, 2010, 04:23
Perhaps he isnt stock?
No, because he actually has a 13.2 real world timeslip. I was just stating a tad bit of disbelief in the Pbox. It doesn't really bother me though, just an observation. I digress.

JSRS6
December 4th, 2010, 04:25
And I go to sleep! Getting up early to go and install those new control arms :-)

ben916
December 4th, 2010, 04:30
And I go to sleep! Getting up early to go and install those new control arms :-)

TAKE photos and a step by step please!!!!
I might be doing this soon...

PALETTE
December 4th, 2010, 05:38
No, because he actually has a 13.2 real world timeslip. I was just stating a tad bit of disbelief in the Pbox. It doesn't really bother me though, just an observation. I digress.

THE PBOX is the most accurate GPS based Performance meter around and it is within .01 accurate on all my 1/4 miles passes in my Porsche so i would take a Pbox reading over anything else.

PALETTE
December 4th, 2010, 05:43
I just ordered a Vag com tool and i can probably predict it is not anywhere near a tool for measuring performance as the Pbox, If a Pbox is used for all sorts or Motorsport racing i would bet my last dollar thatit is more accurate then the Vagcom that runs off the OBD2 port.

PALETTE
December 4th, 2010, 05:44

Best 0-60 - 4.6 (P box)

Congrats Mike ! Looks like your just scratching the surface!

JSRS6
December 4th, 2010, 11:48
TAKE photos and a step by step please!!!!
I might be doing this soon...

Aye aye! LMAO. And when you do the uppers, it'll be super fookin cheap!

ttboost
December 4th, 2010, 13:00
This is what I was getting at, according to the 0-100 and 100-105 times provided by the Pbox, we're looking at a 11.5 1/4 mile E.T.

OK first of all, you guys are reading WAY too much into the numbers, and by that I mean you still are comparing them to each other. However, let me just add this. The picture of my Pbox, is just that. I forgot to push the card in, that's why I took a picture. That run could have (a probably was) a 10% decline (likely wasn't paying attention to where I was running). I just reviewed all my Pbox logs and compared to my timeslips. My best 0-100 (out of my (3) 1/4 mile runs is 11.62, where we KNOW it was perfectly flat, which admittedly is WAY slower than 10.3. To be fair, I had never done a 0-100 in this car before, so had no idea this was out of whack. There is a consistant 2-3 tenths difference between Pbox and timeslip. I know that is due to the rollout, that's why the Pbox 1/4 mile times are a little less than accurate, compared to a timeslip. MPH is usually higher too because of the rollout. Sorry for the confusion and I hope this clarifies my post. (I guess I can't go back and edit it?)

PALETTE
December 4th, 2010, 14:20
^^^ thanks for Clearing that up for them Mike We dont want to get Everyone jumping off the Deep end first thing in the morning. Go out and Enjoy the car!

They are sending me the TCU chip Monday- Thanks again for the Help with that, The VAG COM is shipping to me Monday as well, My Snow tires on on so i fi get a day of some warmweather i want to datalog my car before i put the intercoolers, and Meth Inj on, going to do it all when i do the Timeing belt over the Holidays.. Wippppiiieeee!!! Fun Fun Fun!! :)

4everRS
December 4th, 2010, 14:38
I think a PBox type of product is how most cars are measured in magazine's and testing. I have reservation on whether the first few milliseconds are measured with a device like this. This is why if you simply do a count-down and then go, you will likely get a higher result. Also, the VAGCOM likely uses the speedometer input to read these number while keeping a timestamp, hence there is zero delay in the reading. This is also likely why 0-60 numbers from testing magazines like motortrend as well as manufacturers report such impressive numbers. Just that the difference between a PBox and VAGCOM is not apples-to-apples.

I think it they are great devices for assessing progress on performance modifications, and the results are more that welcomed for me. I will love to hear how you guys (ttboost, and pallette) do using the same device after a some mods.

JSRS6
December 4th, 2010, 15:03
OK first of all, you guys are reading WAY too much into the numbers, and by that I mean you still are comparing them to each other. However, let me just add this. The picture of my Pbox, is just that. I forgot to push the card in, that's why I took a picture. That run could have (a probably was) a 10% decline (likely wasn't paying attention to where I was running). I just reviewed all my Pbox logs and compared to my timeslips. My best 0-100 (out of my (3) 1/4 mile runs is 11.62, where we KNOW it was perfectly flat, which admittedly is WAY slower than 10.3. To be fair, I had never done a 0-100 in this car before, so had no idea this was out of whack. There is a consistant 2-3 tenths difference between Pbox and timeslip. I know that is due to the rollout, that's why the Pbox 1/4 mile times are a little less than accurate, compared to a timeslip. MPH is usually higher too because of the rollout. Sorry for the confusion and I hope this clarifies my post. (I guess I can't go back and edit it?)

Yeah, vBulletin has a time limit that you can edit a post before it becomes permanent to you. Of course moderators can go in and delete after that time limit. Thank you for clearing that up though. I was beginning to suspect you were using your p-box downhill! J/k. Looking forward to you and palletes progress as well. In the middle of the control arms and realized I hadn't eaten breakfast(don't worry Ben, I have that step documented photographically as well...;-)

JSRS6
December 4th, 2010, 15:06
On a side note, the dynolicious app on my iPhone 4 is shaping up to be pretty accurate as well. 0-90(as fast as I can go on a side road I use before I HAVE to brake) in 10.29s.

ttboost
December 4th, 2010, 15:13
I think it they are great devices for assessing progress on performance modifications, and the results are more that welcomed for me. I will love to hear how you guys (ttboost, and pallette) do using the same device after a some mods.

Exactly...just like a dyno. The data I posted is MY baseline for MY mods. If someone else has a Pbox, THEN we can compare and see how 2 stock cars stack up.

PALETTE
December 4th, 2010, 15:25
Exactly...just like a dyno. The data I posted is MY baseline for MY mods. If someone else has a Pbox, THEN we can compare and see how 2 stock cars stack up.

Is that a Challange???? :) J/k!

ttboost
December 4th, 2010, 15:26
On a side note, the dynolicious app on my iPhone 4 is shaping up to be pretty accurate as well. 0-90(as fast as I can go on a side road I use before I HAVE to brake) in 10.29s.

Hmmm... pretty close to the Pbox. Out of my 3 passes I have a 9.84, a 10.1 and a 10.6...My street runs are much faster (9.1) as there is some decline , whereas the track is perfectly flat.

ttboost
December 4th, 2010, 15:27
Is that a Challange???? :) J/k!

Been waiting for your numbers for 2 weeks now slacker...

ttboost
December 4th, 2010, 15:29
Yeah, vBulletin has a time limit that you can edit a post before it becomes permanent to you. Of course moderators can go in and delete after that time limit. Thank you for clearing that up though. I was beginning to suspect you were using your p-box downhill! J/k. Looking forward to you and palletes progress as well. In the middle of the control arms and realized I hadn't eaten breakfast(don't worry Ben, I have that step documented photographically as well...;-)

Funny... I'm waiting for NAPA to call with the control arm for my Duramax...

JSRS6
December 4th, 2010, 16:46
Taking a break. Got the old passenger sides out and the new ones in the shock mount and angled correctly. Don't have the ball joints in the other side yet. Driver side got the old ones out and the new ones into the shock mount, but the bolt that holds in the ball joints is seized. Going to cut it out and clean out all the rust for the new bolt. PITA much? Note to self: buy a Cali car next time :-)

PALETTE
December 4th, 2010, 17:17
Been waiting for your numbers for 2 weeks now slacker...

Yea Yea! im working on a Resturant that needs to be finished, then a Hotel and you think i have time to go out stomp on it like you? LOL I will get some Numbers soon enough

ttboost
December 4th, 2010, 18:12
Taking a break. Got the old passenger sides out and the new ones in the shock mount and angled correctly. Don't have the ball joints in the other side yet. Driver side got the old ones out and the new ones into the shock mount, but the bolt that holds in the ball joints is seized. Going to cut it out and clean out all the rust for the new bolt. PITA much? Note to self: buy a Cali car next time :-)

HA HA..my control arm comes with bushings and ball joint already in!!!

Yea Yea! im working on a Resturant that needs to be finished, then a Hotel and you think i have time to go out stop on it like you? LOL I will get some Numbers soon enough

blah blah blah...

JSRS6
December 4th, 2010, 18:32
HA HA..my control arm comes with bushings and ball joint already in!!!

Not quite what I meant, lol. Just that I hadn't put the ends of ball joints into the uprights.

Benman
December 7th, 2010, 22:35
BTW, when is this going to be made a sticky? :)

PALETTE
December 7th, 2010, 22:41
BTW, when is this going to be made a sticky? :)

Well... The deal was that we need Numbers in here and no one has been posting data so that is a good reason why Eric has not done it yet.

I posted my 0-60, as far as other we will have to wait and see. if not then i guess this will be a Dead thread... :(

Benman
December 7th, 2010, 23:08
Shame, thread had potential.

ttboost
December 7th, 2010, 23:21
Yup shame. The other problem I see is that there is no acccepted method of performance on this forum and everyones numbers will be scrutinized rather than accepted, which is fine, if you care....just my .02...If everyone posts there improvements, rather than the actual "numbers", maybe that would be more informative? For example rather than say XXX tune gave me 420whp on abc dyno, say that xxx tune gave me a 60whp increase or 3/10's of a second improvement 0-60? Posting dyno numbers is usually asking for trouble as most take it as gospel. I baselined all of my performance measures with a Performance Box, as that is what I am used to. VERY consistant and if everyone uses it, there are no variables, like dyno's etc...When I mod my car, I will again measure my performance with my Pbox and post my increases. I posted my stock dyno numbers in another thread for informative purposes and they are way lower than most I have seen here, but my stock 0-60 is right where everyone elses seem to be?

DHall1
December 8th, 2010, 00:36
4 pages and still not much data?

Pbox? I have no idea

Vagcom, data logs and butt dyno are all I have. If the car is fast and running as designed with good looking data logs. I'm good, car is happy and I pity the fool on the road that wants up that onramp faster then me.

JSRS6
December 8th, 2010, 01:20
Vag-com, dyno, butt dyno AND iPhone dyno ;-)

DHall1
December 8th, 2010, 01:27
You get your stuff worked out?

LMK

Vag-com, dyno, butt dyno AND iPhone dyno ;-)

JSRS6
December 8th, 2010, 01:40
If by worked out you mean replaced, then yes. But I don't have my car back yet. Still waiting on that damn a/c condenser.

PALETTE
December 8th, 2010, 04:01
OK so lets get some numbers posted up for what ever we got going, lets start off with track slips 1/4 and 0-60 .

I will go first

recorded on my Pbox a 0-60 of 4.4 - stock set up no modifications at all..

JSRS6
December 8th, 2010, 04:40
On the p-box are there separate rollout distances for speed calcs and distance calcs?

ttboost
December 8th, 2010, 12:14
On the p-box are there separate rollout distances for speed calcs and distance calcs?

There is a check box for a 1ft rollout for standing start measurements. I leave mine checked all the time as I've seen that it makes no difference if you start rolling.

MaxRS6
December 8th, 2010, 13:22
My 0-60 w/ Vagcom was 4.0 & 4.1. This was from a dead stop, put in S and roll on throttle.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20098-Update-0-60-in-4.0-and-4.1-Vag-Log-shown?highlight=60

ttboost
December 8th, 2010, 13:29
My 0-60 w/ Vagcom was 4.0 & 4.1. This was from a dead stop, put in S and roll on throttle.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20098-Update-0-60-in-4.0-and-4.1-Vag-Log-shown?highlight=60

I didn't see in that thread what flash(s) you have?

MaxRS6
December 8th, 2010, 13:33
I didn't see in that thread what flash(s) you have?

I've had APR for a long time- Hint- It is in the signature line..LOL just pulling your chain a bit- LOL

ttboost
December 8th, 2010, 13:42
I've had APR for a long time- Hint- It is in the signature line..LOL just pulling your chain a bit- LOL

Looked twice, didn't know what it was...doh...sorry...Do you remember your 0-60 stock?

V8weight
December 8th, 2010, 13:46
Here's what I have, all measured with the Vag-com. I haven't been to the drag strip with any of my tunes, but my best stock run was 13.04@107.19mph. http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/19203-Went-to-the-dragstrip-today-for-a-shot-at-redemption?highlight=Redemption

Stock 0-60: 5.2
Eurocharged 0-60: 4.7
Viper 0-60: 4.2

Eurocharged 60-90: 4.3
Viper 60-90: 3.9
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21375-Some-quot-benchmark-quot-numbers-for-my-car?highlight=benchmark

I tried to start a similar thread for "benchmark" testing numbers, but it died as well. Like Dave said, when the cars are running well, (mine at least) they just get driven and enjoyed. I haven't done any timed runs since removing my cats, I'm hoping to break the 4 second barrier. Unfortunately, It probably won't happen until spring.

ttboost
December 8th, 2010, 13:51
Here's what I have, all measured with the Vag-com. I haven't been to the drag strip with any of my tunes, but my best stock run was 13.04@107.19mph. http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/19203-Went-to-the-dragstrip-today-for-a-shot-at-redemption?highlight=Redemption

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21375-Some-quot-benchmark-quot-numbers-for-my-car?highlight=benchmark

I tried to start a similar thread for "benchmark" testing numbers, but it died as well. Like Dave said, when the cars are running well, (mine at least) they just get driven and enjoyed. I haven't done any timed runs since removing my cats, I'm hoping to break the 4 second barrier. Unfortunately, It probably won't happen until spring.

Thanks...very helpful post.

MaxRS6
December 8th, 2010, 14:02
.....Do you remember your 0-60 stock?

I have no clue as to stock. I did the APR on a whim when I was headed to a track event. I could switch it to the stock map, but the car is no longer stock in some other aspects. However; the butt dyno noticed a great difference on the first spin out of the APR shop. I had just driven the car about 8 hours to their shop, they put the chip in- and my oh my what a difference. Certainly pricey but I needed something to burn some $$ on..LOL. Without the bone stock numbers- I have no clue as to the deltas as you all have been discussing.

DHall1
December 8th, 2010, 14:12
Those are the old Eurocharge numbers. Gen 1 flash.

We are on Gen 3 right now.

I will try to make some runs this weekend. Way too busy this week with 75 degree sunny days and little white balls to chase.

DHall1
December 8th, 2010, 14:14
And just to add my .02c

Max performed full Vagcom data logs on his APR tune and trust me that sucker is bad fast. It does not surprise me he clicked 4.0 0-60s.

I have no clue as to stock. I did the APR on a whim when I was headed to a track event. I could switch it to the stock map, but the car is no longer stock in some other aspects. However; the butt dyno noticed a great difference on the first spin out of the APR shop. I had just driven the car about 8 hours to their shop, they put the chip in- and my oh my what a difference. Certainly pricey but I needed something to burn some $$ on..LOL. Without the bone stock numbers- I have no clue as to the deltas as you all have been discussing.

V8weight
December 8th, 2010, 14:20
And just to add my .02c

Max performed full Vagcom data logs on his APR tune and trust me that sucker is bad fast. It does not surprise me he clicked 4.0 0-60s.
Yep, Randy's car is a monster, I would not want to tangle with it on the freeway. He has pretty much every supporting modification that you can bolt on (intercoolers, full Milltek, etc.).

JSRS6
December 8th, 2010, 14:26
Yep, Randy's car is a monster, I would not want to tangle with it on the freeway. He has pretty much every supporting modification that you can bolt on (intercoolers, full Milltek, etc.).

The only thing he doesn't have is that fmu intake!

DHall1
December 8th, 2010, 14:46
Would not make any difference at our hp level. Even tuned.

JSRS6
December 8th, 2010, 14:49
Well then maybe it's time for some turbos! Lol

MaxRS6
December 8th, 2010, 14:54
You guys are too much fun- The bad thing is that I did have my turbos replaced at 75K with OEM. At that time- I wasn't in the mod mode. Dang- that would have been a great time to add some bigger snails. However; I hadn't yet connected up with the RS6.com brain trust at that time, and just stuck with the OEM. The car is going out to play this weekend... ;00000

Edit- I've heard through the grapevine that someone (I won't name names) has a early Christmas present and should have a nice kick in the engine soon...You know who you are...;)

JSRS6
December 8th, 2010, 15:00
75k?!? That was a long time ago max ;-) I think a thorough "inspection" at 150k wouldn't be such a bad idea...

JSRS6
December 8th, 2010, 15:04
Oh, and be safe out there.

MaxRS6
December 8th, 2010, 15:13
75k?!? That was a long time ago max ;-) I think a thorough "inspection" at 150k wouldn't be such a bad idea...

LOL- Good one and next time they pull the engine (and we know they will don't we)- I may have to research options if I can get the Purchase Order approved through the real boss of the family...

MaxRS6
December 8th, 2010, 15:18
...Way too busy this week with 75 degree sunny days and little white balls to chase.

Lucky dog! My clubs are about to go into hibernation

PALETTE
December 9th, 2010, 16:39
WELL LOOKS LIKE THE TREAD IS NOT DEAD, WE HAVE SOME GOOD NUMBERS THERE!

V8WEIGHT - Stock 0-60: 5.2

V8weight
December 9th, 2010, 16:58
WELL LOOKS LIKE THE TREAD IS NOT DEAD, WE HAVE SOME GOOD NUMBERS THERE!

V8WEIGHT - Stock 0-60: 5.2

I guess if I had a Pbox, these would all have been a half second faster. :) There must be a difference, I know the Vag starts counting the moment the wheel speed sensors move.

JSRS6
December 9th, 2010, 17:02
I guess if I had a Pbox, these would all have been a half second faster. :) There must be a difference, I know the Vag starts counting the moment the wheel speed sensors move.

Sounds more accurate.... ;-)

PALETTE
December 9th, 2010, 17:10
Sounds more accurate.... ;-)

You guys kill me!! :lovl:
here is some good reading on how accurate it is.. http://www.performancebox.co.uk/performance_meter.html

no get off the keyboards, buy a real device and get some numbers!!! :incar:

PALETTE
December 9th, 2010, 17:15
ohhhhhh look what i found!! http://vboxusa.com/performancedrift/tutorials.php

JSRS6
December 9th, 2010, 17:23
All im saying is what could be more accurate than wheel speed sensors saying the car is moving to start the timer?

PALETTE
December 9th, 2010, 17:44
Sensors can be off, But GPS tracks everything and with the 1 foot rool out it picks you up as soon as you move jutst like the race track :revs:

ttboost
December 9th, 2010, 18:09
For those people with more than 1 "performance" vehicle, (that care to log performance) the Pbox can be used on anything and everything. Vagcom is only good for the Audi...I have no problem with people using the Vagcom to track vehicle performance, as long as they are consistant. HOWEVER, it's obviously not fair to compare to other vehicles NOT using this, which is the point. That is why we use the Pbox, on the "other" forum, as EVERYONE is using the same tool to record performance on ALL of our vehicles.

JSRS6
December 9th, 2010, 18:12
For those people with more than 1 "performance" vehicle, (that care to log performance) the Pbox can be used on anything and everything. Vagcom is only good for the Audi...I have no problem with people using the Vagcom to track vehicle performance, as long as they are consistant. HOWEVER, it's obviously not fair to compare to other vehicles NOT using this, which is the point. That is why we use the Pbox, on the "other" forum, as EVERYONE is using the same tool to record performance on ALL of our vehicles.

Sounds good to me ;-)

PALETTE
December 9th, 2010, 18:14

:applause::applause:

ben916
December 9th, 2010, 18:47
Edit- I've heard through the grapevine that someone (I won't name names) has a early Christmas present and should have a nice kick in the engine soon...You know who you are...;)

Name or NameS???

I know of one peeps that got something good for Christmas early and again, his username rhymes with "Shmaudi5000csqt"

4everRS
December 10th, 2010, 00:20
SSHHhhhh
You guys are too much fun- The bad thing is that I did have my turbos replaced at 75K with OEM. At that time- I wasn't in the mod mode. Dang- that would have been a great time to add some bigger snails. However; I hadn't yet connected up with the RS6.com brain trust at that time, and just stuck with the OEM. The car is going out to play this weekend... ;00000

Oooops, did that give it away?

MaxRS6
December 10th, 2010, 02:43
SSHHhhhh...Oooops, did that give it away?

Ho Ho Ho Ho- All I want for Christmas is a code...;0

http://www.kriss-kringle.com/images/santa_photos/santa_rooftop300x360.jpg