PDA

View Full Version : Pics of the new ride

vw-nut
November 22nd, 2010, 02:54
In replacement of my car crazy girls last ride (a bmw 335) we thought why not a RS6 we drove 1 loved it and went looking.
Found this one in cleveland and drove it back early oct . She drove it for a couple days and it started shifting funny (go figure) A little higher mileage we guessed on having to do some stuff to it but not so soon.
got right on the ross tech and pulled a TQ code mech failure.... HA HA isnt life grand, so I imediately figured on pulling the motor and replacing every thing we could buy.
I couple of weeks ago I pulled it out and drove the tranny up to tozo in chicago.
while the trany was out getting done we ordered:
plugs and coils
water pump and secondary electric under intake
inner knock sensors
egts and all 4 O2 sensors
timing rollers all 4, belt, tensioner
starter
acc belt and idler pulley

got some MHR motorsport 19" and some new rubber.

We also powdercoated some parts and ceramic coated headers and fabbed some precat bypasses and also opening up the turn out of the back of turbo. moved the rearward O2 post second cats and vented the underbody tray.

While we had it in our shop we took advantage of doing some cosmetics,
during removal of calipers I noticed we needed some pads and rotors. so we got some new rotors and some hawk ceramic pads. took apart the headlights and blacked out the innner chrome ring and got rid of the darn amber corners. Put some body color on the lenses to kinda tint them down, also tinted the tails side markers and body colored the grille and trunk lid trim. Sent it over to friends shop and had it tinted along with the windshield.
So were done for now, we will paint it in a few months just to wake up the shine.10532

PALETTE
November 22nd, 2010, 03:02
Looks great!!! congrats!

ben916
November 22nd, 2010, 03:02
WOW!!!

Brave Man to tackle a motor/trans pull yourself!

Not to be an a$$, but you missed a spot of chrome on the exhaust :)
black it out with some millteks coming soon?

TozoM8
November 22nd, 2010, 03:04
Good looking car, thanks for the business!

JSRS6
November 22nd, 2010, 03:05
have you considered refinishing the window trim? It's pretty easy to r&r.

JSRS6
November 22nd, 2010, 03:07
Beast looks great by the way!

JSRS6
November 22nd, 2010, 03:08
Where in Ohio?

FlipRS6
November 22nd, 2010, 03:12
looks mean... great job.

vw-nut
November 22nd, 2010, 03:28
cincinnati..

no millteks she loves a more quiet ride, I may add some electric exhaust cotouts for when im driving...
we were goint to do the window trim but it works with the brushed finish on the wheels

PALETTE
November 22nd, 2010, 03:31
tozo what did you do for him?

Stephencl
November 22nd, 2010, 03:47
Love the intake manifolds....what color was that? I assume it is powder coated yes? Thanks,

Stephen

vw-nut
November 22nd, 2010, 04:03
all powder was done in ferrari like wrinkle red..

4everRS
November 22nd, 2010, 04:24
Really good job vw-nut. After reading through the entire thread on the Vdub you did, I see you really know your VAG cars. Keep us posted on your beast.