PDA

View Full Version : How fast are these RS6's??

PALETTE
November 21st, 2010, 19:06
WOW!!! I just ran a 4.4 0-60 in my RS6 !! Unreal! And its stock!:applause:

Aronis
November 21st, 2010, 19:46
Audi factory spec is supposed to be 0-60 in 4.3, but few have ever seen this number.

I did a few quick checks with an Iphone App and with my snow tires last winter I ran 0-60 in 4.9.

Most of the timed numbers people post are for modified cars.

Mike

PALETTE
November 21st, 2010, 20:44
so i'm right there with all season tires and a stock ecu no tune cant complain at all!10531

skribe
November 21st, 2010, 21:23
My car ran a 12.5 @ 115 this summer. MTM stage 1.

Just today I smoked a nice modded F-body Z28 three times at three successive stoplights. He was struggling for traction.

After the third spanking. He rolls up and yells "what the hell motor you got in that thing?"

If you have to ask... :applause:

V8weight
November 21st, 2010, 21:54
I'm glad to hear that you guys are getting these kinds of numbers, but the best I was ever able to get stock was 5.1-5.2 0-60, 4.7 with the Eurocharged, and 4.2 with the Viper tune, all else stock. I've always used the acceleration function on the Vag.com though, maybe it's a bit pessimistic? I haven't made any timed runs since doing my downpipes, I wonder if I could get it under the 4 second barrier? Maybe if the state wasn't under a thin layer of ice right now.....

JRS-RS6
November 21st, 2010, 22:28
I'm glad to hear that you guys are getting these kinds of numbers, but the best I was ever able to get stock was 5.1-5.2 0-60, 4.7 with the Eurocharged, and 4.2 with the Viper tune, all else stock. I've always used the acceleration function on the Vag.com though, maybe it's a bit pessimistic? I haven't made any timed runs since doing my downpipes, I wonder if I could get it under the 4 second barrier? Maybe if the state wasn't under a thin layer of ice right now.....

Come on there was only 360+ accidents in the Twin Cities last night -- no guts no glory.

V8weight
November 21st, 2010, 22:44
Come on there was only 360+ accidents in the Twin Cities last night -- no guts no glory.
Imagine how I feel, having just walked out of the body shop industry........Should be a great day for Porsche service tomorrow, yeah right.

PALETTE
November 21st, 2010, 23:03
oh keep us posted to your numbers i'm very interested.

V8weight
November 21st, 2010, 23:23
oh keep us posted to your numbers i'm very interested.
I started a thread titled "benchmark numbers" or something a while back, listing 0-60 and 60-90 times a while back thinking that people would add to it. Nothing ever came of it.....

ttboost
November 22nd, 2010, 00:12
I guess I need to really apply myself. Just stomping on it from a dead stop, in "S", gets me about 5.2. Maybe power breaking will help.

PALETTE
November 22nd, 2010, 00:36
I guess I need to really apply myself. Just stomping on it from a dead stop, in "S", gets me about 5.2. Maybe power breaking will help.

HAHAHAA have you learned nothing with the Porsche! LOL j/k Mike brake boost in S and let it hang guy!

ttboost
November 22nd, 2010, 00:54
Can't brake boost from a dig with the stick!!!

ben916
November 22nd, 2010, 00:55
HAHAHAA have you learned nothing with the Porsche! LOL j/k Mike brake boost in S and let it hang guy!

IIRC, that is no bueno por tu TQ...

DHall1
November 22nd, 2010, 00:58
Oh you new guys.

You have to do the duck foot rat technique.

360 wrecks in one night. I only have one thing to say. Idjuits will never learn. Blizzaks or any snowflake rated tire is a must in any snow climate. Will they ever learn.

PALETTE
November 22nd, 2010, 00:58
Can't brake boost from a dig with the stick!!!

yea yea you know what i mean

PALETTE
November 22nd, 2010, 01:00
Oh you new guys.

You have to do the duck foot rat technique.

360 wrecks in one night. I only have one thing to say. Idjuits will never learn. Blizzaks or any snowflake rated tire is a must in any snow climate. Will they ever learn.

so i now need snow tires??? aaaa man i was hoping i didnt!

JSRS6
November 22nd, 2010, 01:00
I thought we couldn't brake boost?

Late to the party, I see.

DHall1
November 22nd, 2010, 01:03
Just like nobody ever sends us data logs for MTM, Revo or Giac reflashes.

Arrrrrgh

I started a thread titled "benchmark numbers" or something a while back, listing 0-60 and 60-90 times a while back thinking that people would add to it. Nothing ever came of it.....

DHall1
November 22nd, 2010, 01:10
Put it this way. I now live in the AZ desert and still have a second set of wheels and Blizzak tires for our LX470 just for any trips in the mtns. When we lived in the CO mountains 8000ft and the hint of snow was in the air.....my wife made me mount up the snow tires before she even pulled out of the garage. We just shook our heads at all the idjuits in the ditches on snowy mornings.

Only time I ever got stuck in the snow was with my Celica GT4. I had this vision in my head that I was Carlos Sainz and while blasting on snow covered fire roads in the mountains I slid off the surface and stuck the car in a snow bank. I dug for 2hrs to get out but boy what that fun.

so i now need snow tires??? aaaa man i was hoping i didnt!

PALETTE
November 22nd, 2010, 01:13
guess i will be picking up some snows this week!

speedtrapped
November 22nd, 2010, 01:20
Not sure if I will catch flack for this but I did not buy the blizzaks, $240.00 per, I bought Pirelli's Sotozero(need to post pics w/ OEM rims) @$146.00 per.... Have not driven in snow yet, soon enough.

ttboost
November 22nd, 2010, 01:22
Not sure if I will catch flack for this but I did not buy the blizzaks, $240.00 per, I bought Pirelli's Sotozero(need to post pics w/ OEM rims) @$146.00 per.... Have not driven in snow yet, soon enough.

Put your flack jacket on...

skribe
November 22nd, 2010, 01:36
I thought we couldn't brake boost?

Late to the party, I see.

RS 6 will only build ~ 3 psi brake boosting. Not really worth it in my experience.

I believe the APR tune enables real brake boosting?

I know for sure the mythical mark "10secS4"/ Bay Tires tune does... that tune has a two-stage rev-limiter and builds a ton of boost off the line, that's why that guy could run 11's in a stock, only gutted DPs and a flash RS 6.

I think an RS 6 could hit 60 in mid three's if it actually brake boosted. Of course your TC would last about a week.

DHall1
November 22nd, 2010, 01:50
Looks like a good choice in my book. I only say Blizzak because we have owned several sets. Lots of choices these days and the key is to buy the proper snowflake tire to suit the region. You should have a blast with those tires on your roads.

V8weight
November 22nd, 2010, 02:00
Same here, I've run Pirelli Wintersport 240's on all of my Audi's (the RS6 included) and had really good luck with them. They were $185 a piece for this car if I remember correctly. I think the Sotorzero just supersedes the old 240 wintersport.

RS 6 will only build ~ 3 psi brake boosting. Not really worth it in my experience.

I believe the APR tune enables real brake boosting?

I know for sure the mythical mark "10secS4"/ Bay Tires tune does... that tune has a two-stage rev-limiter and builds a ton of boost off the line, that's why that guy could run 11's in a stock, only gutted DPs and a flash RS 6.

I think an RS 6 could hit 60 in mid three's if it actually brake boosted. Of course your TC would last about a week.
Are you doing it right? The magic number is three. Hold left foot on brake, rev, let off. Rev again, let off. Rev again and hold, you should notice that on the third time, it will allow you to hold a higher rpm (like 2500). Now smoothly let off the brake as if releasing a clutch and in a sweeping motion smoothly apply liberal amounts of throttle. If you've done it right, your tires will go up in smoke, and your passengers will soil their trousers. This is the "Duck-foot-rat" technique.

speedtrapped
November 22nd, 2010, 02:01
I must say they make the ride more comfortable compared to my summers
, 255/30/20....rubber bands

V8weight
November 22nd, 2010, 02:05
Just like nobody ever sends us data logs for MTM, Revo or Giac reflashes.

Arrrrrgh
Well, lets see some acceleration numbers for this "new" Eurocharged tune. I know you guys have been running them, if they were better than mine, I would assume they would have been posted by now. Don't be bashful :)

JSRS6
November 22nd, 2010, 02:15
Same here, I've run Pirelli Wintersport 240's on all of my Audi's (the RS6 included) and had really good luck with them. They were $185 a piece for this car if I remember correctly. I think the Sotorzero just supersedes the old 240 wintersport.

Are you doing it right? The magic number is three. Hold left foot on brake, rev, let off. Rev again, let off. Rev again and hold, you should notice that on the third time, it will allow you to hold a higher rpm (like 2500). Now smoothly let off the brake as if releasing a clutch and in a sweeping motion smoothly apply liberal amounts of throttle. If you've done it right, your tires will go up in smoke, and your passengers will soil their trousers. This is the "Duck-foot-rat" technique.

I'm am sooo tempted to go try this right now. So maybe the brake boost interlock is it not working the first two times?

ttboost
November 22nd, 2010, 02:18

So that's how Palette went 4.4...the "duck foot Canuck" technique...

V8weight
November 22nd, 2010, 02:19
I'm am sooo tempted to go try this right now. So maybe the brake boost interlock is it not working the first two times?
I don't know, but when you do it, it's pretty obvious that you've fooled the ecu into doing something that it knows better than to allow under normal circumstances. It really plants you back in the seat. I had a guy in my car that owns a stage 780? S4, and he said he had never felt a launch like that, which was reassuring coming from one of those automatic's are for lady's types.

PALETTE
November 22nd, 2010, 03:01
So that's how Palette went 4.4...the "duck foot Canuck" technique...
I will never tell HAHAHAH

4everRS
November 22nd, 2010, 04:39
What device are you using? Best I got was 5 flat. That was hillbilly testing with a stopwatch in one hand and steering wheel in the other.
so i'm right there with all season tires and a stock ecu no tune cant complain at all!10531

DHall1
November 22nd, 2010, 04:45
Less than a week out from all turkey day and the fireplace wall is not done. Hopefully the mantle and trim get back on tomorrow and we can start cleaning up from project zone. The rest of the carpet and tile work will not get in before thur so its into next week.

I have posted data logs and graphs. Still waiting on MTM, GIAC and Revo members to step up and pitch in. Then I will show the hand on who has the best 0-60 duck foot trot.

Well, lets see some acceleration numbers for this "new" Eurocharged tune. I know you guys have been running them, if they were better than mine, I would assume they would have been posted by now. Don't be bashful :)

ben916
November 22nd, 2010, 05:08
What device are you using? Best I got was 5 flat. That was hillbilly testing with a stopwatch in one hand and steering wheel in the other.

so THAT'S what that is called!

LMAO!!!

Elevens
November 22nd, 2010, 05:19
With all this talk of 0-60 times, what are you guy's using to determine such numbers. Aside from V8weight mentioning that he uses the Vagcom, nobody has mentioned how they determine their times. I would think the Vag to be the most accurate, I don't know. I'm just curios because I would like to determine mine in the near future. I guess I might never truly know mine though, because any kind of Launce other than stomping on the Gas pedal is out of the question. I do value my TC. Maybe 50-90 or 60-90 pulls would be a more accurate indication of our performance potential.........

PALETTE
November 22nd, 2010, 05:32

Here you go.. 10539Best performance tool i have ever bought its within .001 accurate at our local track, in my books its dead on accurate!

PALETTE
November 22nd, 2010, 05:36
With all this talk of 0-60 times, what are you guy's using to determine such numbers. Aside from V8weight mentioning that he uses the Vagcom, nobody has mentioned how they determine their times. I would think the Vag to be the most accurate, I don't know. I'm just curios because I would like to determine mine in the near future. I guess I might never truly know mine though, because any kind of Launce other than stomping on the Gas pedal is out of the question. I do value my TC. Maybe 50-90 or 60-90 pulls would be a more accurate indication of our performance potential.........

Man if i get in trouble its your fault i sware!

We have a sticky for Porsche that is for MPH, 1/4 mile and 60-130 mph

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/55163-6speedonlines-official-60-130-1-4-mile-standing-mile-list.html

Elevens
November 22nd, 2010, 05:59
Here you go.. 10539Best performance tool i have ever bought its within .001 accurate at our local track, in my books its dead on accurate!

Pallette, What device is that? And where can I get some Info on it.?

PALETTE
November 22nd, 2010, 13:51
Pallette, What device is that? And where can I get some Info on it.?

Here is all the info you need.

If anyone wants i can Possibly get a deal on these if we order 3 or more Or even a Group buy??

http://www.performancebox.co.uk/

AUDI5000CSTQ
November 22nd, 2010, 14:28
I use an android phone app DinoDyno.
You have to enter in your Lbs if you want your Hp

Elevens
November 22nd, 2010, 15:39
Here is all the info you need.

If anyone wants i can Possibly get a deal on these if we order 3 or more Or even a Group buy??

http://www.performancebox.co.uk/

Thanks Palette. That looks like the way to go. But right now my is money going Into Cattless Downpipes, installation and a New Tune. But that Performance box looks like a future must have......

PALETTE
November 23rd, 2010, 03:34
Thanks Palette. That looks like the way to go. But right now my is money going Into Cattless Downpipes, installation and a New Tune. But that Performance box looks like a future must have......

Good idea!

viperbl
November 23rd, 2010, 08:34
I don't know, but when you do it, it's pretty obvious that you've fooled the ecu into doing something that it knows better than to allow under normal circumstances. It really plants you back in the seat. I had a guy in my car that owns a stage 780? S4, and he said he had never felt a launch like that, which was reassuring coming from one of those automatic's are for lady's types.

I can turn this off in the map to allow brake boosting straight away ;)

V8weight
November 23rd, 2010, 13:32
Really? Hmm, I know it's not great for the car, but I guess I wont be using it all the time. Let's do it! I have all these Eurocharged cars to keep in line here. ;)

DHall1
November 23rd, 2010, 13:37
Oh crap

Who let the dogs out?

viperbl
November 23rd, 2010, 13:41
Oh crap

Who let the dogs out?

Dont worry, I won't bite :P

viperbl
November 23rd, 2010, 13:42
Really? Hmm, I know it's not great for the car, but I guess I wont be using it all the time. Let's do it! I have all these Eurocharged cars to keep in line here. ;)

Consider it done ;)

speedtrapped
November 23rd, 2010, 14:28
Old school rumble, luv it...

PALETTE
November 23rd, 2010, 17:17

Why do you have to be so friken far! I would have loved to get the tune

dreadlocks
November 23rd, 2010, 17:19
Using my DashDAQ and my high resolution GPS receiver I was able to do a 0-60 in 4.6s @ close to sealevel, using just the gas pedal... 4.4s using both feet.

DashDAQ also reported a 13.9s 1/4 mile, guess one of these days I should do a simultaneous run with DashDAQ and VAGCOM and see how accurate the VAG is.

V8weight
November 23rd, 2010, 17:22
Why do you have to be so friken far! I would have loved to get the tune
What does distance have to do with it? He sends out a flashloader and you load the map yourself.

ben916
November 23rd, 2010, 17:25

Oh crap

Who let the dogs out?

Pass the popcorn....

PALETTE
November 23rd, 2010, 18:10
What does distance have to do with it? He sends out a flashloader and you load the map yourself.

Oh!!! Now how would i know that?? Need more info!

JSRS6
November 23rd, 2010, 18:49
PM user viperbl.

DHall1
November 23rd, 2010, 20:30
Nothing like good competition. Rich does a great job with his tunes and its nice having the knowledge base to give us all some pointers. Thumbs up to Viper in my book.

PALETTE
November 26th, 2010, 14:19
So what happened to the guy in NJ who has the 11.50 soming RS6?

BLITZEN
November 26th, 2010, 20:23
I know everyone here is talking 0-60. but these cars aren't drag racers, not even close. Where the RS6 shines is high speed. In that category the RS6 is hard to beat! Check out this thread... http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/13282-How-Fast-Have-You-Had-Your-RS6?highlight=

JSRS6
November 26th, 2010, 20:34
10secS4, Aka mark, I believe sold his mugello RS 6.

DHall1
November 26th, 2010, 20:37
I donno but 4.2 0-60 can hardly be beaten on the streets. Plus the RS6 can do it over and over again where E55s, M5s and others have a very hard time with traction limits.

PALETTE
November 26th, 2010, 21:02
10secS4, Aka mark, I believe sold his mugello RS 6.

AAAAA to bad

ttboost
November 28th, 2010, 21:41
Rather than start a new useless thread, I figured I would keep this thread alive with data. Went to the dragstrip today to baseline my car completely stock. They kicked us out after only 3 runs, so never really got to learn how to launch the car. I ran is "S" everytime. The first pass I just took off normal, like I was taking off from a green light. 13.3. Second pass, I tried to be a little more aggressive and the car nosed over so bad, I thought something happened. 13.6. Third pass I used the ol' "Duck Foot Rat" technique. Seemed to work the best. I learned if you push the throttle just a bit too much, too quickly, it will fall on its face...BAD...Last pass was best pass: 13.2 at 105 with a 1.94 60'. Actually my disappointment was shortlived, because after the last pass, I drove over the scale. 4435 with me in it and 4235 without me.

Now a question: Will the MTM tranny flash help any of these launching issues? Bogging? Staying in a gear too long? etc...Does it change when the converter locks? Probably going to get MTM TCU flash this week, if time allows. Hope I didn't already hurt it...

DHall1
November 28th, 2010, 21:59
Yes, yes, yes, yes it locks the converter in a performance mode and keeps it from slipping in and out of lockup.

You should Vag your car before going much further.

If you log 3,31,115 and send me the logs....I can have a peek and compare to some other stock run logs. PM for specifics

Rather than start a new useless thread, I figured I would keep this thread alive with data. Went to the dragstrip today to baseline my car completely stock. They kicked us out after only 3 runs, so never really got to learn how to launch the car. I ran is "S" everytime. The first pass I just took off normal, like I was taking off from a green light. 13.3. Second pass, I tried to be a little more aggressive and the car nosed over so bad, I thought something happened. 13.6. Third pass I used the ol' "Duck Foot Rat" technique. Seemed to work the best. I learned if you push the throttle just a bit too much, too quickly, it will fall on its face...BAD...Last pass was best pass: 13.2 at 105 with a 1.94 60'. Actually my disappointment was shortlived, because after the last pass, I drove over the scale. 4435 with me in it and 4235 without me.

Now a question: Will the MTM tranny flash help any of these launching issues? Bogging? Staying in a gear too long? etc...Does it change when the converter locks? Probably going to get MTM TCU flash this week, if time allows. Hope I didn't already hurt it...

ttboost
November 28th, 2010, 22:02
Thanks Dave. Don't have it yet. (Vag) Where can/should I get it?

DHall1
November 28th, 2010, 22:05
http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=VAGCOM

You can buy the KII-USB and have full functions or spend another 100 and get the HEX-CAN-USB and be able to log newer Vag cars. Both have turbo mode.

speedtrapped
November 28th, 2010, 22:08
rosstech.com.......

ttboost
November 28th, 2010, 22:10
http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=VAGCOM

You can buy the KII-USB and have full functions or spend another 100 and get the HEX-CAN-USB and be able to log newer Vag cars. Both have turbo mode.

rosstech.com.......

Thanks Guys, I'll look into it. Gonna send my TCU to Hoppen this week I guess.

V8weight
November 28th, 2010, 23:19
You're doing pretty well, my best run stock was 13.04 @ 108, with a 2.00 60ft. I've had this car to the strip a couple of times, and the first run is always the best due to heat soak. If you had a better launch on the first run, your numbers probably would have been better.
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/19203-Went-to-the-dragstrip-today-for-a-shot-at-redemption?highlight=redemption

ttboost
November 28th, 2010, 23:29
Thanks pat. Yeah, I could've used 2 or 3 more passes the get used to that tranny. I bogged nearly every pass. The better passes, I bogged the least. Kinda defeats the purpose of going to the track if you can't be aggressive with the throttle... Were your runs completely stock including tranny? It was about 48deg today too (Englishtown NJ).

PALETTE
November 28th, 2010, 23:40
Wat to go Mike! Thats impressive for only a week owning the car. 0-60 and a full 1/4 mile pass. You are going to have to slow down guy our track is closed till 2011!! Congrats again buddy!

ttboost
November 28th, 2010, 23:43
Thanks Corey. Trying to be a contributor....and of course satisfy my own curiosity...It's WAY heavier than I thought it would be...Still want to baseline Dyno....

speedtrapped
November 28th, 2010, 23:51
Mike, i live like 25 minutes fromm there...how was the facility? I have been wanting to do this...

ttboost
November 28th, 2010, 23:54
Takes me abut 2hrs to get there. They boned us today. Got there at 8am. Took until 11am to prep the track. Had 3 passes by 12:15 and on that third pass, they kept my run card and told me I was done for the day... $40 for 3 passes...wish they kissed me first or dinner or something...track sucked anyway...thank god for QUATTRO!!!!!!!

speedtrapped
November 29th, 2010, 00:26
good to know about the track, never been....still might have to drop $40

ttboost
November 29th, 2010, 00:29
If I lived that close, I would be there every time it was open with the car and the bike....

PALETTE
November 29th, 2010, 00:48
Takes me abut 2hrs to get there. They boned us today. Got there at 8am. Took until 11am to prep the track. Had 3 passes by 12:15 and on that third pass, they kept my run card and told me I was done for the day... $40 for 3 passes...wish they kissed me first or dinner or something...track sucked anyway...thank god for QUATTRO!!!!!!!

why did they kick you out???

11.99 you need a cage. 13.99 you need a helmet

ttboost
November 29th, 2010, 00:51
It was cold and they wanted to leave...started keeping run cards after a while telling people that it was their last pass...took them 3 hours to prep the track, you would think they would get some use out of it...peckerheads...

JSRS6
November 29th, 2010, 01:37
Sounds like a pretty shoddy op.

V8weight
November 29th, 2010, 02:49
Thanks pat. Yeah, I could've used 2 or 3 more passes the get used to that tranny. I bogged nearly every pass. The better passes, I bogged the least. Kinda defeats the purpose of going to the track if you can't be aggressive with the throttle... Were your runs completely stock including tranny? It was about 48deg today too (Englishtown NJ).
Yep, my runs were completely stock, save for the Eisenmann axle back exhaust, and an ambient temp of about 80F. Like I said, the first run is always the fastest, I usually arrived at the track, popped the hood, and let the car sit for at least an hour. All my passes after that just went down hill. When you have the "duck foot rat" technique down, it won't bog, it will launch hard, although, your 60 ft time was way better than mine, so maybe it's not your launch technique. Maybe your car needs some work. My trap speed was 2 mph faster than yours, which would indicate that my car was ever so slightly healthier than yours.

PALETTE
November 29th, 2010, 02:56
ok ok Explain "duck foot rat"

V8weight
November 29th, 2010, 03:06
ok ok Explain "duck foot rat"
Ok, but this is the last time I'm telling this story :)

1. Hold left foot on brake, and rev motor as high as it will let you (about 2k rpm), let off gas pedal.
2. While still holding left foot on brake, again rev motor as high as it will let you (about 2k rpm), let off gas pedal.
3. While still holding left foot on brake, again rev motor as high as it will let you, this time, it will allow about 2500 rpm, and will build boost. Now, slowly let off brake pedal as if releasing a clutch, and in a sweeping motion apply liberal amounts of throttle (don't just jamb on the gas, slowly put it to the boards). You should experience no bog, the car should launch hard, if you are tuned, the tires should actually spin. (assuming you have the right tune :))

JSRS6
November 29th, 2010, 03:11
i tried the duck foot rat a few times at the impromptu 1/4 mile strip that runs along the office park that the shop i go to sometimes is in. only problem is it is just a hair over 1/4 mile so i get to 90 and have to brake a just a little, lol. i was able to kinda successsfully launch a third of the time. The technique didnt work quite as dave described it, though. I did the brake, gas, let off twice, then brake, gas, let off brake more gas and it worked once. another time, i simply brake, gas, let off brake more gas the first time and it worked. it worked sometimes. i wonder if the n75 valve is hindering me...guess ill find out friday when i get my car back...

V8weight
November 29th, 2010, 03:15
i tried the duck foot rat a few times at the impromptu 1/4 mile strip that runs along the office park that the shop i go to sometimes is in. only problem is it is just a hair over 1/4 mile so i get to 90 and have to brake a just a little, lol. i was able to kinda successsfully launch a third of the time. The technique didnt work quite as dave described it, though. I did the brake, gas, let off twice, then brake, gas, let off brake more gas and it worked once. another time, i simply brake, gas, let off brake more gas the first time and it worked. it worked sometimes. i wonder if the n75 valve is hindering me...guess ill find out friday when i get my car back...
Hmm, hard to say. You really should get your car running right before you continue to beat on it. You're going to fry your turbo's, at best.

PALETTE
November 29th, 2010, 03:17
maybe its just me but i car did not bog! i'm going to try again

JSRS6
November 29th, 2010, 03:24
Hmm, hard to say. You really should get your car running right before you continue to beat on it. You're going to fry your turbo's, at best.

Thats what i figured. only did it that one night...

V8weight
November 29th, 2010, 03:34
Thats what i figured. only did it that one night...
Oh, OK, so this was the first night that you initially flashed the ecu. I thought you were still out flogging the car, kind of worried me. :)

JSRS6
November 29th, 2010, 03:42
i think it was the 3rd or 4th night. and no, only the occasional flogging since ive owned it. usually i just accelerate a little faster from red lights and piss off cars that think they are fast. you know, vettes, r/t's, srt's, the occasional dummy in a hemi or cummins truck. then there is the rare(thankfully) rice burner that tries and i accelerate just fast enough to stay even with him, but dont look over, then at the next light, gun it to 15 or 20 and then get up to 45 normally. they usually exit stage left immediately...

JSRS6
November 29th, 2010, 03:43
did i mention i hate rice burners?

PALETTE
November 29th, 2010, 19:41

Sorry but why would you fry the turbos? I dont really understand that ..

dreadlocks
November 29th, 2010, 19:59
It dont matter how fast these RS6's are anymore, with a newborn in the back its slow going until he's big enough I can flip his seat around... dont want to rip the lil guy's head off. :incar:

Am I the only one who drives fast cars slow? Really there is no point in goosing it off the line to prove how fast you are. Driving an RS6 you have nothing to prove to anyone... I love that my fast cars blend into the background and nobody notices them unless I want them to (which is very rare). My fast is more than twice as fast as the audi, and its been a daily driver.. once your at that level nobody u encounter on the road is a challenge and your mindset changes, or perhaps you grow up.

I know the power is there, and I dont need a reminder unless I actually have a use/reason for the power. Who the fuck cares if the cummins/mustang/rice thinks there faster than you? Ur in an RS6, your ePenis should be big enough to ignore em.

end of rant, dont take it personally JS :hey:

JSRS6
November 29th, 2010, 20:06
Sorry but why would you fry the turbos? I dont really understand that ..

Because the waste gates regulate boost pressure by indirectly regulating rpms. No regulation=overspool/overboost. A turbo constantly operating out of it's range will not last.

JSRS6
November 29th, 2010, 20:17
It dont matter how fast these RS6's are anymore, with a newborn in the back its slow going until he's big enough I can flip his seat around... dont want to rip the lil guy's head off. :incar:

Am I the only one who drives fast cars slow? Really there is no point in goosing it off the line to prove how fast you are. Driving an RS6 you have nothing to prove to anyone... I love that my fast cars blend into the background and nobody notices them unless I want them to (which is very rare). My fast is more than twice as fast as the audi, and its been a daily driver.. once your at that level nobody u encounter on the road is a challenge and your mindset changes, or perhaps you grow up.

I know the power is there, and I dont need a reminder unless I actually have a use/reason for the power. Who the fuck cares if the cummins/mustang/rice thinks there faster than you? Ur in an RS6, your ePenis should be big enough to ignore em.

WHY I OUGHTTA!

J/k. I take no offense from something my own brain tells me. As well as my wallet($50 fill-ups add up quick in a dd). I rarely do any of the things I mentioned. Those are just the things I have done in the past. I did get the car because it is a sleeper. But sometimes I just can't help accelerating and hearing that exhaust and feeling the torque. But you and I will soon be exhibiting the same driving habits, as my wife and I will have a baby girl come march. And I have the recaro baby seat waiting ;-) oh, and you can call me Josh. My profile name is a merging of my initials(jsr) and the beast. I initially was going to get a plate with it, but I'm leaning more towards mungo. It's German for mongoose ;-)

speedtrapped
November 29th, 2010, 20:21
whats an epenis?

sorry couldnt help myself...

PALETTE
November 29th, 2010, 20:38

Agreed with my 5 month old in the back seat i dont do anything crazy but watch out for other idiots that dont single lane changes and just ride up my rear like they are in a rush to get to the bathroom!

speedtrapped
November 29th, 2010, 20:51
Josh have ya ever driven off rte 220 in Virginia near Roanoke? Insane 2 lane mountain road that basically is all S turns, thru several towns that ends w/ a wicked S after S after S hairpin decent.......I was navigating this at 3 am, kids asleep in back, with Wife's eyes as big as tea saucers....in my EL expedition.....I was fantasing about that road and the beast

JSRS6
November 29th, 2010, 21:33
No, I've never made it out that way. But I'm glad you guys made it home safe. ;-)

dreadlocks
November 29th, 2010, 23:49
whats an epenis?

sorry couldnt help myself...

Measure of a mans power and stance on the interweb.

Also commonly used as a form describing ones sexual insecurity.

-R :music:

speedtrapped
November 30th, 2010, 02:09
If u mean that I would sleep with my car more then my wife, ur right....just wait and see what the bed time life is like after 3 kids

BLITZEN
November 30th, 2010, 05:24
I don't worry about ripping my kids' heads off. What I worry about is them throwing up - which has happened twice with my 2-year old after a little canyon carving.puke:

JSRS6
November 30th, 2010, 13:54
I don't worry about ripping my kids' heads off. What I worry about is them throwing up - which has happened twice with my 2-year old after a little canyon carving.puke:

Mmmmm, I bet that was fun to clean up!

PALETTE
November 30th, 2010, 14:40
Finally confirmed! Tune is on the way! oh yea baby! MTM chip going in the TCU in 2 weeks. Now if the Snow would only hold off!

JSRS6
November 30th, 2010, 14:46
What tune are you getting?

ttboost
November 30th, 2010, 15:00
Congrats Corey. I wouldn't drive with the tune without the TCU tune.

skribe
November 30th, 2010, 15:00
Hello, my name is Skribe, and I'm a speed addict.

Unfortunately I totally enjoy engaging other cars, seeing who can pull on who... there are so many amazing cars (and tuner dipshits) on the road around me, it's too much to resist. Shit, the other baseball dads alone include a Maserati Gran Turismo, Shelby 500 KR, M5...

I used to race motocross as a kid, I think I developed a nasty speed addiction a long time ago... The RS 6 from 3800 to 5000 RPM is like hitting the crack pipe for me. I can't put it down.

What I DON'T do is Ricer-style lane weaving and cutting, shooting risky gaps in traffic. I HATE that crap. I never speed when conditions are unknown, on unfamiliar roads, in heavy traffic, when it's for whatever reason unsafe. Kids in the car? No comment on that one.

Dreadlocks, you are higher on Maslow's hierarchy than me. I'm afraid I'm a knuckle-dragger.

skribe
November 30th, 2010, 15:02

Unfortunately I totally enjoy engaging other cars, seeing who can pull on who... there are so many amazing cars (and tuner dipshits) on the road around me, it's too much to resist. Shit, the other baseball dads alone include a Maserati Gran Turismo, Shelby 500 KR, M5...

I used to race motocross as a kid, I think I developed a nasty speed addiction a long time ago... The RS 6 from 3800 to 5000 RPM is like hitting the crack pipe for me. I can't put it down.

What I DON'T do is Ricer-style lane weaving and cutting, shooting risky gaps in traffic. I HATE that crap. I never speed when conditions are unknown, on unfamiliar roads, in heavy traffic, when it's for whatever reason unsafe. Kids in the car? No comment on that one.

Dreadlocks, you are higher on Maslow's hierarchy than me. I'm afraid I'm a knuckle-dragger.

MaxRS6
November 30th, 2010, 15:23
Hello, my name is Skribe, and I'm a speed addict. Dreadlocks, you are higher on Maslow's hierarchy than me. I'm afraid I'm a knuckle-dragger.

LOL- I too Brutus...Targets of Opportunity in engagement zones test my self control- and sometimes it loses to my other inner voices.

I will not allow Wilma and Fred to arrive at the the dino ribs first...:)

PALETTE
November 30th, 2010, 15:33

I used to race motocross as a kid, I think I developed a nasty speed addiction a long time ago... .

HAHAHAH!!! me to! Loved it!!

Congrats Corey. I wouldn't drive with the tune without the TCU tune.

Yea i'm going to Hold it in my lap top with an itchy finger on the Enter key! LOL Thanks again Mike

PALETTE
November 30th, 2010, 15:36
What tune are you getting?

I am am having ELP do a custom tune for me as i plan on doing turbos, and coolers next summer so i want to be able to change maps and i love to Data log.

V8weight
November 30th, 2010, 15:40
I am am having ELP do a custom tune for me as i plan on doing turbos, and coolers next summer so i want to be able to change maps and i love to Data log.
This is interesting, I tried intently to get an EPL tune for my car, unfortunately, our local EPL tuner is impossible to get a hold of. Being a man of impatience and action, I went with the Viper tune, and have been more than happy. Keep us posted.

ttboost
November 30th, 2010, 15:43
European Performance Labs in Stratford, CT.

V8weight
November 30th, 2010, 15:50
European Performance Labs in Stratford, CT.
I don't know what you mean by this? We have a local EPL distributor, same tuning company.

ttboost
November 30th, 2010, 16:02
I don't know what you mean by this? We have a local EPL distributor, same tuning company.

I don't mean anything, just correcting Palette's misspelling (ELP) in case someone is googling.... EPL headquarters is here in Stratford, CT. They have a shop with an in house Mustang dyno and also can email tunes. Excellent service and I have had nothing but a great experience in tuning my 996 turbo, which is way faster than it should be, based on the parts installed. I blame the tune.

PALETTE
November 30th, 2010, 16:13
I don't mean anything, just correcting Palette's misspelling (ELP) in case someone is googling.... EPL headquarters is here in Stratford, CT. They have a shop with an in house Mustang dyno and also can email tunes. Excellent service and I have had nothing but a great experience in tuning my 996 turbo, which is way faster than it should be, based on the parts installed. I blame the tune.

Sorry my mistake my excitment took over LOL EPL is correct!

Oh and Mike i blame the Driver not the tune!
If you look at Scott he just ran a 4.95 same set up as me and i did a 5.7 see what i mean..

ttboost
November 30th, 2010, 16:19
I went 5.99 and I have pretty much nothing!!! LOL

MaxRS6
December 1st, 2010, 18:28
Hello, my name is Skribe, and I'm a speed addict.....I'm afraid I'm a knuckle-dragger.

G8 Target came up in the rear view & bopped around for a bit this morning. The voices started up and off we went. When he passes the truck he is at approx 80 and then guns it, then tries again, then moves over. The passenger in the rear was gawking out the rear window and then the side...LOL I know not what car the camera was in or the driver of such..00

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/9qeyl0cuL6M?fs=1&hl=en_US allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED> (file://<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9qeyl0cuL6M?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9qeyl0cuL6M?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>)

PALETTE
December 2nd, 2010, 21:12
So i have gone out and Bought the Wagner IC's http://wagner-tuning.de/EN/products/200001010RS6LLK.php and a Aquamist
10606With the Tune and the TCU this should be a great little rocket!
Is there a good intake for this car?

speedtrapped
December 3rd, 2010, 01:28
I like your moxy!

PALETTE
December 3rd, 2010, 01:34
i like your moxy!

what???? Lol

speedtrapped
December 3rd, 2010, 02:09
U don't waste anytime, u want it faster and I like that.

PALETTE
December 3rd, 2010, 03:21
AAAAA ok well you should have said that LOL

JSRS6
December 3rd, 2010, 03:55
So i have gone out and Bought the Wagner IC's http://wagner-tuning.de/EN/products/200001010RS6LLK.php and a Aquamist
10606With the Tune and the TCU this should be a great little rocket!
Is there a good intake for this car?

I think most would agree that the fmu intake is a great design, if not the best designed intake. Check it out:

http://www.fluidmotorunion.com/archives/3417

7th photo down. A little pricey, but you get what you pay for.

SAF
December 3rd, 2010, 04:54
G8 Target came up in the rear view & bopped around for a bit this morning. The voices started up and off we went. When he passes the truck he is at approx 80 and then guns it, then tries again, then moves over. The passenger in the rear was gawking out the rear window and then the side...LOL I know not what car the camera was in or the driver of such..00

That rattle sounds familiar - like my license plate on the dash against the window.

MaxRS6
December 3rd, 2010, 14:02
That rattle sounds familiar - like my license plate on the dash against the window.

LOL- The rattle on the vid is a problem with the camera microphone. I haven't yet looked for the root cause- It seems to sound off on the video when the car is under acceleration. The camera may just be shaking around in its' case. Fortunately- it isn't an actual car noise or it would drive me insane (or should I say further down the insane lane).

PALETTE
December 3rd, 2010, 14:51
LOL- The rattle on the vid is a problem with the camera microphone. I haven't yet looked for the root cause- It seems to sound off on the video when the car is under acceleration. The camera may just be shaking around in its' case. Fortunately- it isn't an actual car noise or it would drive me insane (or should I say further down the insane lane).

Are you using a Go Pro camera?
I have one but man that battery dies fast, I used it a few times but I really need to get a good lithium battery i guess<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

MaxRS6
December 3rd, 2010, 15:02
Are you using a Go Pro camera?..

Yes- It is a go camera. I had the camera recording for at least a couple of hours on hd setting at TWS recently. I think I've been getting around 2 to 3 hours of battery life on a charge, and keep an extra battery charged.

A thing that bugs me is it does not have recording indicator light on the back of the camera. Hopefully one of their add on modules will add this feature.

PALETTE
December 3rd, 2010, 15:19
Yes- It is a go camera. I had the camera recording for at least a couple of hours on hd setting at TWS recently. I think I've been getting around 2 to 3 hours of battery life on a charge, and keep an extra battery charged.

A thing that bugs me is it does not have recording indicator light on the back of the camera. Hopefully one of their add on modules will add this feature.

Yes correct, would be nice if it blinked or something!

cmore
December 4th, 2010, 23:20
The quickest I got from 0-60 is 3.74 and it was some serious abuse on my transmission! I power brakes with a decent amount of boost and about snapped my neck off when took off. I can do 4.0-4.1 fairly easily without having to build so much boost before launching. This time was done by multiple G-tech Pro runs and even comparing it to an older G-Tech and the numbers were all similar.

ttboost
December 5th, 2010, 00:43
The quickest I got from 0-60 is 3.74 and it was some serious abuse on my transmission! I power brakes with a decent amount of boost and about snapped my neck off when took off. I can do 4.0-4.1 fairly easily without having to build so much boost before launching. This time was done by multiple G-tech Pro runs and even comparing it to an older G-Tech and the numbers were all similar.

Have you ever checked your 0-60 with Vagcom to compare the two?

cmore
December 5th, 2010, 14:16
Not yet, because I was worried that the stock speed was more likely a bit off like all street cars. If speedo was 100% accurate, and circumstance of the tires were exactly like the factory tires including wear level, then the vag-com should be accurate. I was just worried that those variables would not be true. My snow tires are on the car now I can't check as my snows are 235/40/18 -- I can spin all 4 tires when launching and the diameter is different from stock.

Have you ever checked your 0-60 with Vagcom to compare the two?

kismetcapitan
August 30th, 2011, 19:18
did i mention i hate rice burners?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/tobereeno/IMG_1186.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/tobereeno/IMG_0429.jpg

705bhp of pure AWD rice :) I wonder how my baby is...wasting away in storage, while I enjoy the luxury of my RS6. The Skyline is of course faster, but much more difficult to drive. Get it wrong and you won't bog, you'll stall the turbos and it'll take AGES to get going again. Makes me wonder...I'm not missing as much I thought I would, the raw, ultra-stiff chassis, the exhaust so loud you have to shout to passengers, the reek of gasoline, the clunky gearshift and the cramp-inducing multiplate racing clutch, the rapid-fire ballet dance on the pedals while shifting to milk the goods out of the car.

Just pressing the gas, click the kickdown switch if I want to crank it up to 11. Too easy! :D

speedtrapped
August 30th, 2011, 19:45
so much fine...spend a little on meth, and get a little more topline kick in the pants