PDA

View Full Version : World production figures 2003 & 2004 model year RS6?

Hotshu
November 21st, 2010, 01:05
My 1st post & I did try a search. I'm considering buying a C5 RS6 in N.America.

So RS6 Avant was never imported to Canada either?

Did Canada get the 2004 model year RS6?

What are world production figures for 2003 & 2004 MY RS6?

Are the 2003 RS6's selling on Ebay USA for $27,000, cars with issues or is that true market value?

Thanx for your enlightenment.

ben916
November 21st, 2010, 02:59
Welcome to the craz.... wait... that is NOT my job....

Can you update your location so peeps know where you are at?

C5 RS6 Avant never came to US or Canada, not sure about Mexico.
Canada only received Canada spec RS6 in the latter part of the run (or was it the earlier part of the US run?)
PALETTE has one CANADA RS6 as the VIN number sequence is completely different 901xxx versus the US VIN of 904xxx or 905xxx

Qisha might be able to better answer the World production figures for the C5.

The market pricing is more on mileage, servicing, and possibly the number of owners. I don't believe color has much to do with pricing.
Aftermarket warranty can be an influence in cost also.
The lower mileage examples become more difficult to locate (there are currently two on Autotrader under 20k miles)
On Ebay, I only found 3.
On Autotrader, I found 35.

Hotshu
November 21st, 2010, 22:01
I'm located in the Pacific Northwest region.

Are Canada spec cars exactly same as USA model? e.g. colors, options, output...

Was there a 2004 model year RS6 in Canada?

Do other owners with aftermarket warranty suggest it's a plus with the RS6, considering it's cost & warranty exclusions?

Keyser Soze
November 22nd, 2010, 05:31
I'm located in the Pacific Northwest region.

Are Canada spec cars exactly same as USA model? e.g. colors, options, output...

Was there a 2004 model year RS6 in Canada?

Do other owners with aftermarket warranty suggest it's a plus with the RS6, considering it's cost & warranty exclusions?

Somebody with a CA car can answer 100%, but I am almost certain that Canadian cars had the same color choices and options as the US cars. 2004 Cars were only in CA and Mexico. All US RS6's were 03 MY, some with 04 production dates.

As far as a warranty goes, unless you are very tight with a VERY experienced Audi technician, a warranty is a must. There is no way to sugarcoat it, the cost of a very good, well known, exclusionary policy (Fidelity is by far the best, most guys will agree with me on here) will be quite expensive. Depending on mileage and what coverage period you get, they can be anywhere between 2500-8500. Deep pockets are a plus if you want an RS6. You won't regret the car though - they are truly amazing.

On the production numbers - I have heard and seen the number 860 tossed around quite a bit, but I don't know how accurate that is and whether that is North America or US only.

dwarfboy
November 22nd, 2010, 07:25
8,081 RS6 and RS6+ were produced. The original plan was for around 6,000.
1,200 or so were imported to the US. The original plan was for around 850.

tidus888
November 22nd, 2010, 08:35
only 2004 in Canada! that i can confirm.. only 90 of them here!

quote from the DRC campaign

What vehicles are affected?
The following summarizes the affected vehicles for the United States and Canada:

United States - Model year 2003 Audi RS6 vehicles

Canada - Model year 2004 Audi RS6 vehicles

How many vehicles are affected?

* 1,437 vehicles are affected in the United States
* 90 vehicles are affected in Canada