PDA

View Full Version : Audi R8 GT - 7.34 Nordschleife Laptime

roadrunner
November 19th, 2010, 17:02
In the current sport auto the R8 GT underwent the Supertest.

Besides this phenomenal laptime of 7 min. 34 sec. the R8 GT scored:

in 8 categories the highscore 10/10 points
in 1 categorie 9/10 and o
in one 2/10 - that is wet handling at 12° C

Overal Supertest points: 69/70
2nd after Porsche 911 GT2 RS with 70

Well done Audi :applause: - well done R8 :incar::R8:

Benman
November 19th, 2010, 17:24
Well done... VERY well done! :applause:

Ben :addict:

Ruergard
November 19th, 2010, 20:33
Well done... VERY well done! :applause:

I'll just second that. :cheers:

AndyBG
November 19th, 2010, 22:41
in one 2/10 - that is wet handling at 12° C

...I'm little bit confused with that!

RXBG
November 19th, 2010, 23:41
when dear god. oh when oh when is a car mag going to rent the ring on a dry cool day and bring 5 cars and run them with the same driver one right after the other. when oh when?

R8 (LP570 too similar and we know the R8 is a superior handling chassis version/package)
SLS
Italia
Koenigsegg

that is all i ask for. i know there are plenty of other cars. but these are the ones that represent the pinnacle of style, exoticness, hotness, and desirability. at least imo.

Benman
November 20th, 2010, 00:45
when dear god. oh when oh when is a car mag going to rent the ring on a dry cool day and bring 5 cars and run them with the same driver one right after the other. when oh when?

The problem is Germany (especially around the Nurburg area) is a little like Florida when it comes to rain. It rains all the time! :)

roadrunner
November 20th, 2010, 07:21
...I'm little bit confused with that!

What I mean is - Sport auto has the category of wet handling. And at that particular day it was wet AND cold = 12° C / 54° F

Z07
November 20th, 2010, 10:47
What was the Hockenheim time?

Joker
November 20th, 2010, 10:56
What was the Hockenheim time?

1:10s :thumb:

roadrunner
November 20th, 2010, 12:29
1:10s :thumb:

1.09,6 to be exact

Just to put it into perspective

1.09,5 Lambo Murcielago LP 670-4 SV
1.09,6 Audi R8 GT :hihi: :R8:

1.09,6 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
1.09,7 Corvette ZR1
1.09,7 Porsche 911 GT2
1.10,5 Ferrari 458 Italia

darkop
November 20th, 2010, 15:24
and icing on the cake... http://i-am-audi.tumblr.com/post/1621814996/unfortunately-its-not-in-english-but-what-i-did

Read it... ;)

Z07
November 20th, 2010, 23:19
1.09,6 to be exact

Just to put it into perspective

1.09,5 Lambo Murcielago LP 670-4 SV
1.09,6 Audi R8 GT :hihi: :R8:

1.09,6 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
1.09,7 Corvette ZR1
1.09,7 Porsche 911 GT2
1.10,5 Ferrari 458 Italia
And with that the LFA became completely redundant.

Joker
November 20th, 2010, 23:32
And with that the LFA became completely redundant.

LFA ........ what's that??????

Never heard of it nor will I need to with the R8GT in the picture. :hihi:

Z07
November 20th, 2010, 23:49
LFA ........ what's that??????
Dunno. I heard some rumour about a rebranded Toyota that marginally out-performs an M3 and costs £350k. Must be some kind of a joke.

Chuangs4
November 21st, 2010, 01:38
Wow...that is a great number. Can't wait to drive mine....:R8:

Benman
November 21st, 2010, 20:46
Dunno. I heard some rumour about a rebranded Toyota that marginally out-performs an M3 and costs £350k. Must be some kind of a joke. I heard those rumors too?!? Wow, feel bad for Toyota. ;)

Ben

RXBG
November 22nd, 2010, 00:44
i am no LFA fan, but that car has heart and soul. i got to see one up close for a long while and the detail and substance are profound. it may not post the highest numbers and it is way overpriced, but it is the the most special car coming out of japan by spades and is an engineering artpiece. i know i am preaching to the choir here but let's not get caught up in armchair racing and track times. i give props to toyota.

on another note. the R8 GT and V10, as noted by more than one poster with inside knowledge, have put down even faster ring times unofficially. i give audi props for not throwing out claims to be tested. i am a little disappointed in porsche for making it a point of noting the 7:18 ring time for the GT2 RS. imo the car makers are just shooting themselves in the foot when they make these claims because they could be the result of so much testing/attempts (etc...) that cannot be representative of a one time attempt by an independent source.

Ruergard
November 22nd, 2010, 06:46
Dunno. I heard some rumour about a rebranded Toyota that marginally out-performs an M3 and costs £350k. Must be some kind of a joke.

:hihi:

Wow...that is a great number. Can't wait to drive mine....:R8:

When will it arrive? :hahahehe:

Z07
December 18th, 2010, 12:14
i am no LFA fan, but that car has heart and soul. i got to see one up close for a long while and the detail and substance are profound. it may not post the highest numbers and it is way overpriced, but it is the the most special car coming out of japan by spades and is an engineering artpiece. i know i am preaching to the choir here but let's not get caught up in armchair racing and track times. i give props to toyota.
A domestic cat has heart and soul but they make a terrible motor vehicle. Engineering should never be confused with art. And finally, the LFA looks like it has a bodykit that featured in a late '90s issue of Super Street.

on another note. the R8 GT and V10, as noted by more than one poster with inside knowledge, have put down even faster ring times unofficially. i give audi props for not throwing out claims to be tested. i am a little disappointed in porsche for making it a point of noting the 7:18 ring time for the GT2 RS. imo the car makers are just shooting themselves in the foot when they make these claims because they could be the result of so much testing/attempts (etc...) that cannot be representative of a one time attempt by an independent source.
That's the best way to measure a 'ring time. Magazines can't possibly hope to achieve comparable results in 1-day tests (even when they aren't biased as hell). Not saying that Sport Auto are biased of course. I'm sure they genuinely found the non-RS GT3 to be a tenth of a second quicker round Hockenheim Short than the Italia.

Z07
December 18th, 2010, 18:59
Was the R8 on normal (non-cup) tyres. If so, even more outstanding?

Joker
December 18th, 2010, 21:09
A domestic cat has heart and soul but they make a terrible motor vehicle. Engineering should never be confused with art. And finally, the LFA looks like it has a bodykit that featured in a late '90s issue of Super Street.

I've yet to see one other than in a mag or video but it's a bit harsh to say it's style is 'so ninties'.

That's the best way to measure a 'ring time. Magazines can't possibly hope to achieve comparable results in 1-day tests (even when they aren't biased as hell). Not saying that Sport Auto are biased of course. I'm sure they genuinely found the non-RS GT3 to be a tenth of a second quicker round Hockenheim Short than the Italia.

I must admit you are correct, Sportauto always appear to get the best out of German motors. If it had been a GT3RS then I might have given them the benefit of the doubt but not with the normal GT3.

Was the R8 on normal (non-cup) tyres. If so, even more outstanding?

'CUP' rubber is available but only as an option but I think that if Audi knew the competition they would be up against then they wouldn't have brought their best spec possible.

Benman
December 21st, 2010, 16:49
And finally, the LFA looks like it has a bodykit that featured in a late '90s issue of Super Street.

Actually, that is pretty damn funny... does kinda look like a 90's 300Z gone bad... :D:D

JavierNuvolari
December 21st, 2010, 17:45
LOL at the LFA's comments hahahaha....pretty good ones I have to say. As for the R8 GT I am more than impressed by the performance of this "toy".

Z07
December 24th, 2010, 21:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ0kP1Yr5aY&feature=player_embedded

youry
December 25th, 2010, 22:37
a bit like the 7:28 time for the nissan GTR.....