PDA

View Full Version : We need your data log runs. Stock, Revo, GIAC, MTM

DHall1
November 18th, 2010, 20:53
Everyone,

Still building the master file of different reflashes against the stock setup. Thanks to Chris, Mad Max, Pat, Kyle, James(we need another one from 3000). These folks have sent in the Vag logs and the results look great. Some good information there.

I have logs from stock, OCT, APR, GIAC(not complete), Viper, Eurocharge.

We just need to finish it off with the above noted reflashes. PM me for specifics but the channels are 3,31,115 and we need two types of runs. Standing start wot thru 3rd gear. Then a 2nd or 3rd gear wot pull from 2500 to redline.

Thanks

DHall1
January 12th, 2011, 02:09
Bump for data needed.

Anyone have input or data to share?

EPL, MTM, GIAC, Revo files are needed.

PALETTE
January 12th, 2011, 12:55
Love to help but the Weather here SUCKS!

ttboost
January 12th, 2011, 14:38
Yeah, it'll be a while for us too...but you'll get it...

JSRS6
January 12th, 2011, 14:59
You should have a few this weekend...

DHall1
January 12th, 2011, 17:02
Bad weather? 72 and sunny today. I may go play golf.

On a more serious note...if you guys get me those data logs from EPL ect then I will go out and document some 60-90 or 0-60 or whatever that pbox thingy does for you. ;-)

Josh-have fun this weekend and I hope that weather clears for the event. Dyno and data logs from that event will be awesome. Make sure to get data logs from all the cars on the dyno. The combo is best then compare car to car, dyno to dyno, stock to reflash ect data. Tons of good stuff.

PALETTE
January 12th, 2011, 17:15
Bad weather? 72 and sunny today. I may go play golf.

On a more serious note...if you guys get me those data logs from EPL ect then I will go out and document some 60-90 or 0-60 or whatever that pbox thingy does for you. ;-)

hahaha I went out and bought the Vaginal Com so i can be on par with everyone. LOL :jlol:

BTW what the heck do i have to Log???

Pbox is eazy Plug it in hit the gas no sience just facts, Just the facts.. :harass:

speedtrapped
January 12th, 2011, 17:33
03,31,115 and make sure u hit turbo button in top right corner before logging......Dave AZ was awesome, only spent monday, but great weather and beautiful landscapes....btw, Cardinal stadium is awesome, oh yeah War Eagle!!!!

Brav
January 12th, 2011, 18:32
If I can get a cable, I will do some stock pulls if you need them.

ben916
January 12th, 2011, 18:45
I am willing, yet again the sacrificial bunny, to get the 5 hour REVO test tune.

But there are some problems:
1. No Vag Com (working on that with John and Wade).
2. No laptop computer(again, working on that with John and Wade).
3. MTM TCU chip is still not in... I will call my buddy to see if he can micro soldier it in...
4. What setting for REVO?

hahnmgh63
January 12th, 2011, 19:00
I'll try to get you some Revo data in the next couple of days, maybe even tonight on my way home. Got the car at the Audi dealer having them look at the tranny, hoping my P1857 fault will mean a new tranny or TC at the least before my extended warranty runs out next month. I may even see about running by the AWD Mustang dyno place on the way back if they can fit me in as that should give some real data on health since I'm here in the big city today.

ben916
January 12th, 2011, 19:17
I'll try to get you some Revo data in the next couple of days, maybe even tonight on my way home. Got the car at the Audi dealer having them look at the tranny, hoping my P1857 fault will mean a new tranny or TC at the least before my extended warranty runs out next month. I may even see about running by the AWD Mustang dyno place on the way back if they can fit me in as that should give some real data on health since I'm here in the big city today.

In the big city with all the snow???!?!?
Do you happen to remember the settings for your Revo ECU?

hahnmgh63
January 12th, 2011, 19:22
Boost was 7 & Timing was set at 3. I backed it off to 6 & 2 to bring the car to the dealer today but if I am able to get to the Dyno this afternoon I'll bump it up to at least 8 & 5. I'll try to run a Vag log on it at the same time as I brought my laptop with me.

DHall1
January 12th, 2011, 19:45
That would be great. It would be nice to see the Revo data logs. In the past, the Revo was always liked by the owners that purchased the product. Now that we have some other players to compare....even better. Just remember the log blocks 3,31,115 and select turbo mode before you start the log. Two types of runs are nice to see.

1 Standing start WOT thru 3rd gear.
2 Rolling 3rd gear pull from 2500-redline. Typical dyno situation.

Both sets of data will clearly show how the car is reacting in all situations.

Ben-if you can get a laptop and are willing to try the Revo test flash then I will send you over my Vag cable. LMK

ben916
January 12th, 2011, 19:55
That would be great. It would be nice to see the Revo data logs. In the past, the Revo was always liked by the owners that purchased the product. Now that we have some other players to compare....even better. Just remember the log blocks 3,31,115 and select turbo mode before you start the log. Two types of runs are nice to see.

1 Standing start WOT thru 3rd gear.
2 Rolling 3rd gear pull from 2500-redline. Typical dyno situation.

Both sets of data will clearly show how the car is reacting in all situations.

Ben-if you can get a laptop and are willing to try the Revo test flash then I will send you over my Vag cable. LMK

QUESTION!!!!
How does the ambient temp equate into this mix?
If Mark does a dyno run AND log run on the streets and the ambient air temp is 30 F degrees using REVO setting of 8/5 - he gets some logs.
If Ben does a run to log the blocks on the street/freeway (probably Borrego or Julian areas) the ambient temp is different (read as hotter). Also unknown if I can get the REVO to 8/5.

Or is ambient temp a non-issue?

@ cable - def let you know...

Also - What MPH is 3rd gear redline? (sorry, still learning after 4.5 years..)

hahnmgh63
January 12th, 2011, 20:18
I'll definitley post the temp when I do my Dyno and my Vagcom log. Believe it or not, it snowed here last night but has warmed up and is 48' out right now looking for a high around 50'or so today. Looks like the dealer can't figure out why my ESP light comes on while accelerating past 80mph hard and doesn't go off again until I decelerate below about 80mph +/- 5 mph. Tranny fault is:
18265 - Load Signal: Error Message from ECU
P1857 - 003 - Mechanical Failure - Intermittent
I sent Tozo some tranny logs, hoping he can narrow it down for me.

DHall1
January 12th, 2011, 20:26
3rd gear pull tops out just over 90mph

Hold the trans in 3rd with tip and just roll into the throttle hard at 2700rpm and you will not hit kickdown.

Erik
January 12th, 2011, 20:32
Looks like Dave's got a plan :D

Look forward to the results. Use with care :D

ben916
January 12th, 2011, 22:05
I'll definitley post the temp when I do my Dyno and my Vagcom log. Believe it or not, it snowed here last night but has warmed up and is 48' out right now looking for a high around 50'or so today. Looks like the dealer can't figure out why my ESP light comes on while accelerating past 80mph hard and doesn't go off again until I decelerate below about 80mph +/- 5 mph. Tranny fault is:
18265 - Load Signal: Error Message from ECU
P1857 - 003 - Mechanical Failure - Intermittent
I sent Tozo some tranny logs, hoping he can narrow it down for me.

I know about the snow :) Just waiting for the videos of Seattle hills versus Metro buses.

O/T kinda:
I just got the car washed at the local wash and they fookin' busted a part off the interior and were gonna let me drive off like nothing happened?!?!
I grabbed the assistant manager, the one that is bilingual, and showed him the part and he said that he would get it and I offered to look also.
ETKA has it as "Cover for channel seat frame 4B0863098 Left" - I can't find it...

And Mark, it is 80F today - hence the question of the ambient temp...

hahnmgh63
January 13th, 2011, 03:12
Ok Dave I have a log to send you, it is the raw data and I haven't removed any of it between logs. Where do you want me to send it too? hahnmgh@yahoo.com I wasn't able to get the dyno as the shop was closed but after looking at my Vag log I'm thinking I need to check some hoses but I would like to see a comparson with some others as far as how soon they make boost. Dave, this run I'm going to send you was at 51'F and light rain out. My Revo was set at 8 Boost & 5 Timing.

DHall1
January 13th, 2011, 04:15
Email sent. I will try to look at the log tomorrow and we can talk about the findings. I will also send over some examples of EC, OCT and APR from my records.

Benman
January 17th, 2011, 23:40
Looks like Dave's got a plan :D

Look forward to the results. Use with care :D Ditto to that! :cheers:

Ben :addict:

DHall1
January 18th, 2011, 03:40
Dont hold your breath.

Incoming data is hard to find.

We need EPL, GIAC, MTM data logs.

I would like to present a fair and balanced report giving all the players a fair shake. As it stands, I think the the folks on the forum are quickly making their own minds up before we can gather all the info. Oh well.

Benman
January 19th, 2011, 19:17
I would like to present a fair and balanced report giving all the players a fair shake. As it stands, I think the the folks on the forum are quickly making their own minds up before we can gather all the info. Oh well. I am all for a fair shake. I think we all want the most accurate info and whoever is proved best is proved best. Most of us DO want the best for our cars. :cheers:

Ben :addict:

PALETTE
February 9th, 2011, 03:14
Dont hold your breath.

Incoming data is hard to find.

We need EPL, GIAC, MTM data logs.

I would like to present a fair and balanced report giving all the players a fair shake. As it stands, I think the the folks on the forum are quickly making their own minds up before we can gather all the info. Oh well.

Do you have a sample of a log??

4everRS
February 9th, 2011, 03:43
I really want to be able to see the logs if anyone is listening. Dave, I know you are looking for more data from other tunes, but can you post the logs you have received?

PALETTE
February 9th, 2011, 04:46
I really want to be able to see the logs if anyone is listening. Dave, I know you are looking for more data from other tunes, but can you post the logs you have received?
+1
I think it will be very similar with all the tunes

DHall1
February 9th, 2011, 05:34
Nope,

Wide range of data has been reported. I would make a point that the "better" tunes seem to end up in the general area and the "not so good" ones are all over the place.

I have posted examples of logs. Till the cows come home in other threads.

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a476/drh11/APRMadmax.jpg

+1
I think it will be very similar with all the tunes