PDA

View Full Version : a few pics.... more after I get a coat of wax on her tonight !

covertw12
November 18th, 2010, 16:20
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56069948@N06/?saved=1

LIRS6
November 18th, 2010, 16:46
Nice, but why the door blades ala All-road?

Elevens
November 18th, 2010, 17:03
Looking good. Excellent work in such a short space of time. I see you've managed to cover almost every detail, especially in the Black Optics area. I like my Fogs though, use them as HID DRL's. I like to be seen. One day you, Fonzie and Myself should get together and compare notes. Anyway keep up the good work..........

JSRS6
November 18th, 2010, 18:09
Erich, the beast is looking amazing! The blades look better in the pics at least than I pictured. The blacked out look is great, huh? Im doing my headlights in a couple weeks. Keep up the good work!

PALETTE
November 18th, 2010, 18:15
Very nice job there! I might have to consider that as well...

speedtrapped
November 18th, 2010, 18:18
Erich luv the rims, car looks great, and man I have to get a youtube clip of the S8 w/ milltek, sounds just as nasty, I wish my RS 6 Milltek was just as throaty, alas not. Your shoes will be on my beast tomorrow w/ Pirelli sotozero's

covertw12
November 18th, 2010, 18:48
thanks - the blades are still settling in..... they tie in with the front Seat Cupra spoiler, and the exhast tips.... but I agree they take a bit of getting used to..... as certain angles it's a no-brainer, others it's a bit questionable....

overall I really love how it all works, short of a vented hood and a rear diffuser I'm where I want the car to be for the external mods.... and the rims/tires I may put up for sale shortly for anyone looking for a dialed setup - I think satin black would tie it all together a bit better then the the gunmetal. email me or pm me if interested.... while unconventional they fit my car lowered without any rubbing.

I love the KW's - many thanks to those who shared their insight on those vs. the Stasis setup..... I've heard great things about the performance of the Stasis stuff but the clunk would drive me nuts....

As it is I'm chasing an intermittent boost issue - any of you tech wizards have an addiitonal ideas.... ??? we've chased it with new MAF's/ upgraded MAF seals(under a TSB), new plugs, new DV's and all new hoses and lines. They checked the Injector seals and they looked fine, and they've updated the APR software to take into account the DP's...... it's not throwing any check engine lights anymore but it just runs differently each time you start it.... yesterday it was a housecat, today it was a tiger....

love any other ideas of things to chase. also hoping to get it on a dyno next week and pull logs/ benchmarks #'s ....

Elevens - I'm up for a coffee or beer with anyone local whenever we can make it work, love to check out Fonzie's S4 too........

thanks for the input and ideas that have gotten me this far..... once I get her running 100% I'm really thinking of the Meth kit and a different tune......

Overall the car exceeded my hopes, and truly is just so much fun as so few folks know what it is or what it's capable of.... I did loose a bit of the stealth factor with the turbo back exhaust but that's easily offset by the permanent grin !

Cheers~

skribe
November 18th, 2010, 18:49
Nice! Door blades are a minor headscratcher for me, but I feel bad even saying that, it's all so good, love your wheels and stance. One minor detail, so easily rectified:

http://xenonhid.dyndns.org/ebay/silverbulb7507_main.jpg

JSRS6
November 18th, 2010, 18:54
Hey, are those available at say, autozone? I will be blacking out/clear cornering my headlights and need to get some of these before then.

covertw12
November 18th, 2010, 19:02
I understand the blades..... they really look much better in person and when you walk around the car the logic is easier to understand..... that said I still am not sure they're permanent !

Agree I need to change the bulbs out - I'm taking the headlights out next weekend to paint the inner parts satin and have 3M 15% tint film applied.....

thanks for any/all feedback.... reading that on other's projects is what shaped most of my process.

cheers~

speedtrapped
November 18th, 2010, 19:03
Erich i luv those rims, but I think black on ebony pearl is a little much, darn...yes Skribe, where can one buy those fancy turn signal bulbs? I plan on that mod eventually

JSRS6
November 18th, 2010, 19:05
Erich, you are gonna beat me to doing the headlights! Lol. Are you doing anything to the buckets? Or just the chrome close to the clear plastic?

JSRS6
November 18th, 2010, 19:07
Nice! Door blades are a minor headscratcher for me, but I feel bad even saying that, it's all so good, love your wheels and stance. One minor detail, so easily rectified:

http://xenonhid.dyndns.org/ebay/silverbulb7507_main.jpg

yeah, Stephen, I like these better too!

skribe
November 18th, 2010, 19:31
Erich i luv those rims, but I think black on ebony pearl is a little much, darn...yes Skribe, where can one buy those fancy turn signal bulbs? I plan on that mod eventually

Those bulbs are all over eBay and online. Never see them at the major autoparts shops for whatever reason. I ended up doing the switchback white/amber bulbs from Vleds.com for mine, which I really like, I can run them as white DRLs if I choose. The only bummer is they look like fugly little corn cobs when they're off.

Erich, I would start data logging and make sure your TC isn't slipping.

I would also put in a boost gauge, some guys (ahem, Pat) don't like 'em, but I always want a boost gauge in my turbo cars. Having one in the beast really taught me how to launch it and accelerate.

In spite of having a slush box (or maybe because of it?) these cars aren't as simple to launch as you would think. I've found that learning how to kind of feather the throttle rather that just mashing the pedal to WOT actually builds more boost more quickly, resulting in faster acceleration. My little PLX devices multi-gauge can actually plot boost on a tiny little graph... pretty cool.

DHall1
November 18th, 2010, 19:42
Power loss issue.

Need to document the problem first. A VagCom would help. Reset ECU by pulling battery cable for 5min.

Hook up the Vag Com and set the log blocks for 3,31,115. Drive car and log a few full power runs. A simple 2nd or 3rd gear pull from 2500 to redline will be fine. That is your baseline. Now drive the car until you feel the problem. Then perform another data log and bring us the results. Good luck

speedtrapped
November 18th, 2010, 19:48
Skribe is it a big job adding boost guage?...

ben916
November 18th, 2010, 19:59

Cross post....
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/398270-Raven-Motorsports-Newest-Authorized-Podi-Retailer

skribe
November 18th, 2010, 21:32

I don't think it's a big job at all, depends on your comfort level. I should have documented it for the forum.

Pull the intake
Pull drip tray at the back of the engine compartment
Add a T-fitting to the line on the fuel pressure regulator (you'll need some silicone vacuum hose)
run vacuum line through the rubber grommet on the firewall (I used a "fish tape" to feed it through and out into the footwell)
Connect vacuum line to gauge
Connect 12v lead and dimmer lead to gauge (tap dimmer lead at the headlight switch)
Mount boost gauge.
Enjoy!

There are plenty of walk-throughs out there. Tapping on the FPR is a little bit of a pain, I don't know, there might be a more accessible line to tap into, I just went with what I knew would work after realizing I couldn't tap off the diverter valve. My gauge is digital and I also had to wire a sending unit under the hood. But for a simple mechanical gauge it's pretty easy.

speedtrapped
November 18th, 2010, 23:45
Ty guys........

skribe
November 19th, 2010, 04:25
Erich, it's phree photoshop phriday... for some reason, looking at your matte black plate surround, door blades, trim, etc, I needed to see what a matte black vinyl simulated nuvolari nose would look like. Uploaded FWIW.

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz73/droogie5/erichaudi.jpg

skribe
November 19th, 2010, 04:28
and oh yeah, i had to p-shop that little shitbox econo-car off your flank.

skribe
November 19th, 2010, 05:56
...and custom boser hood.

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz73/droogie5/erichaudi2.jpg

skribe
November 20th, 2010, 15:33
Full disclosure..,

I was kind of drunk when I did that. What a terrible idea. puke:

Elevens
November 20th, 2010, 15:45
Full disclosure..,

I was kind of drunk when I did that. What a terrible idea. puke:

I think it looks damn good.................

skribe
November 21st, 2010, 02:07
I think it looks damn good.................

Right on! Let's go for beers. I had a couple and it looks kinda good to me again. RS 6 beer googles FTW.

V8weight
November 21st, 2010, 03:12
Haha, I've had quite a few as well......enough to make my car look clean. Not enough to make that "boser" hood look good though.