PDA

View Full Version : What is the button under the tilt steering???

PALETTE
November 17th, 2010, 22:50
I'm lost with this!, i dont have the manual yet. UGH!!!!!!!

ttboost
November 17th, 2010, 23:01
Doesn't that adjust the steering wheel?

JSRS6
November 17th, 2010, 23:07
Yes, the larger of the two adjusts the steering wheel and the small button forward of it turns on and off the convenience entry exit feature (moves the steering wheel all the way up and away when the car is off)

skribe
November 18th, 2010, 01:07
Yes, the larger of the two adjusts the steering wheel and the small button forward of it turns on and off the convenience entry exit feature (moves the steering wheel all the way up and away when the car is off)

Damn, I didn't even know I had that. That and the Cat Stevens tape I found in the cassette deck makes two new hidden features for me.

JSRS6
November 18th, 2010, 01:14
Let's just say I had some time on my hands waiting to take possession of the beast. I read the whole manual that day ;-)

SAF
November 18th, 2010, 02:29
Just another nice feature that I don't see much of elsewhere.

PALETTE
November 18th, 2010, 03:39
Great perfect so i can get my fat body in and out faster now! LOL

ben916
November 18th, 2010, 07:07
Just another nice feature that I don't see much of elsewhere.

You know that not only the front seat lumbar extends in/out but also up/down?
LOVE that!
I haven't found that in ANY other car...

LIRS6
November 18th, 2010, 13:09
LOVE that!

What seats do you have?

JSRS6
November 18th, 2010, 13:12
What seats do you have?

Do your seats NOT do this? I thought it was standard...

ben916
November 18th, 2010, 16:40
What seats do you have?

The standard OEM US RS6 non-Recaro seats...

SAF
November 18th, 2010, 19:40
LOVE that!

Oh yes, another great feature - on both front seats no less!

It doesn't get mentioned much, but the comfort of this car is another of the reasons I'd be hard pressed to replace it with anything equal to the whole package. It's almost (dare I say) perfect.

ben916
November 18th, 2010, 19:46
Oh yes, another great feature - on both front seats no less!

It doesn't get mentioned much, but the comfort of this car is another of the reasons I'd be hard pressed to replace it with anything equal to the whole package. It's almost (dare I say) perfect.

IF the Recaros were readily available and were of the same quality (which I am sure they are) as the OEM standards, I would be hard pressed NOT to upgrade.
Considering the cornering abilities and stickyness of these vehicles, I find it difficult to understand why the Recaro's weren't offered in the US.
But then again, there IS little sis to think about.
How in the hell is she gonna fit her fat ol' a$$ in the car and then in the seat? Passenger side mirror would be useless...

ThrillHouse
February 20th, 2012, 12:40

Real stupid question here... (no owners manual too) This has happened once before to me; I did a quick interior detail and in the process I hit the button. The comfort feature stopped working. After some time I realized this and pushed the button back in and all was well.

Now I went and did it again; I pressed the button by accident but now it won't activate the comfort feature period. It still moves via the control, but will not under any circumstance seem to engage the comfort feature.

Does it need to be 'set' in any way?

TozoM8
February 20th, 2012, 17:54
Make sure the red button on the door is pressed.

ThrillHouse
February 20th, 2012, 19:30
Make sure the red button on the door is pressed.

That did it - thanks!!