PDA

View Full Version : All in the Family

AudiRS4ever
November 11th, 2010, 14:07
It's a secret no more. I decided to pull the trigger on a 2005 Gallardo with 5,500 miles on it. :revs: I bought it from the same friend that sold me his RS6. So I'm still in the Audi family. WooHoo! Honestly, there are a lot of Audi parts in this car. In fact, I'd say mostly Audi parts which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
I ran the car through the BMW dealer and these are some of the pictures my insurance agent took and sent to me. They're not that good, but with the weather changing and snow present I probably won't have it out anytime soon. As soon as the weather breaks I'll take it out and take some good ones. The last picture was on the way home two nights ago and it was starting to snow. Let's just say this car doesn't do as well as the RS6 did. Oh well, happy to stay with Audi as long as I don't ever have to go to one of their dealers again. :hey:

as350
November 11th, 2010, 14:56
Nice buy! Don't wreck it on the drive home just because you're surrounded by familiar Audi parts...

MaxRS6
November 11th, 2010, 16:59
Congrats- and what a nice ride to park in the stable!

skribe
November 12th, 2010, 13:18
:love:

. . .

Erik
November 12th, 2010, 13:52
Nice buy, the sound of a screaming V10 is never wrong. I will never forget my first drive.

AudiRS4ever
November 12th, 2010, 14:26
Thanks guys. I am very happy. My wife not so much, but I keep telling her I could just stare at it in the garage and never get tired of looking at all of the angles. The 10 cylinder is great too. It does have Tubi exhaust so it's very loud. And I already ordered my first mod. Custom Floor Mats. :jlol: Should be here in about 3 weeks.

Erik
November 12th, 2010, 16:19
I am very happy. My wife not so much.

Too funny

:lovl:

Benman
November 12th, 2010, 17:46
Nice buy, the sound of a screaming V10 is never wrong. I will never forget my first drive. Ditto that!!! :cheers:

I had the distinct pleasure of having access to an 05' Yellow with 15K (Dark Wing here got to take it for a spin) and an 07' Nero Black with 5500 on the odometer for a couple of weeks... Oh man, how I remember staring at them in the garage as well! Only difference was my wife was staring at it like a piece of meat too! :applause:

Ben :addict:

DonS
November 12th, 2010, 18:50
Wow, congratulations. The Crazy Train has left the station.

Do you think an Audi dealer could wrench on it when repairs are needed? I'd love one, but our nearest Lambo dealer is 2.5 hours away in Chicago.

Oh, and pictures are more not really needed (but appreciately). Just a lengthy driving impression!!!!!

Aronis
November 12th, 2010, 18:57
Come on!

Get some snow tires!

Mike

AudiRS4ever
November 12th, 2010, 19:19
I think this is going to be a completely new Crazy Train. The Audi dealer will never see this car. The BMW dealer is going to be working on this car. They have my buddies 360 Modena F1 there right now that they are working on. They have some really good techs and after reading about the Gallardo electronics on the 04-06, there really isn't much that an Audi dealer will have over the BMW dealer. The 05 I have uses Lamborghini ECU's that unfortunately my VAG COM can't talk to. I have ordered some parts from Lamborghini of Dallas and I must say, their Parts Mgr. is so nice and knowledgable. I got lucky on that call. When I called the now defunct Denver Lambo dealer it was a completely different experience.
Once I get some time to drive it I'll give you a better driving impression (no snow tires ordered, sorry). For now all I can say is, WOW! I will say it's a car that makes you work for it, whereas the Ferrari's I've driven are easier. But I've only put about 60 miles on the car and to be honest it was really a sensory overload for me. I still have over 975 posts left so I'm not leaving anytime soon. Thanks again guys!

Wow, congratulations. The Crazy Train has left the station.

Do you think an Audi dealer could wrench on it when repairs are needed? I'd love one, but our nearest Lambo dealer is 2.5 hours away in Chicago.

Oh, and pictures are more not really needed (but appreciately). Just a lengthy driving impression!!!!!

Ruergard
November 14th, 2010, 08:29
TIt does have Tubi exhaust so it's very loud.

I guess we're interested in this part.... :revs:

Videos please!

Congratulations. :cheers:

AndyBG
November 14th, 2010, 14:37
I like the color... I think I never saw a Lambo' in this paint...!

AudiRS4ever
November 15th, 2010, 14:45
I've never posted a video, so it should be a new experience. I'll do that as soon as I have time to take her out and as soon as I figure out how to post one. Most of Saturday was spent polishing and waxing the exterior. This coming weekend will be spent installing my Ipod adapter and cleaning and conditioning the leather. If the roads are good I'll take her out and get some video. Thanks again!

I guess we're interested in this part.... :revs:

Videos please!

Congratulations. :cheers:

AudiRS4ever
November 15th, 2010, 14:48
The research I've done suggest that while it's definitely not the most popular color (yellow is), it is more popular that I originally thought. The Red that's not that common is Rosso Corsa, which is the bright Red mostly seen on Ferrari's. Anyway, thought I'd share that bit of useless information so now you have to store it in your brain just like I did. :hey:

I like the color... I think I never saw a Lambo' in this paint...!