PDA

View Full Version : ATL meet-up....Sunday, Nov 7.....Starbucks @ 8725 Roswell Road

twinsteve
November 6th, 2010, 12:38
Right now, just me and StevieG, but the more the merrier!

twinsteve
November 7th, 2010, 21:49
Pix from our little meet-up today...from left to right, we have StevieG, melsas, and me

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc388/twinsteve/IMG00004-20101107-1125.jpg

ben916
November 8th, 2010, 01:20
very nice!!!

V8weight
November 8th, 2010, 01:43
Cool, nice turnout. What am I seeing on the front of the far right car? Is that a Dahlback badge?

JSRS6
November 8th, 2010, 01:51
Looks like it. No clear corners guys?

BigRedGuy
November 8th, 2010, 02:27
Nice! No front license plates in Georgia?

twinsteve
November 8th, 2010, 10:59
Cool, nice turnout. What am I seeing on the front of the far right car? Is that a Dahlback badge?

that's me on the right....nope, no special badges...I think it's just a wierd reflection of light

twinsteve
November 8th, 2010, 11:02

nope, no front plate...original owner of my car was from NJ, which did have front plate, so that is why mine has blank holder....just ordered a custom euro plate that, so I can ditch the US holder and mount right into existing bumper cut-out

skribe
November 8th, 2010, 14:26
Looks like it. No clear corners guys?

Yep, getting together for poached eggs on a Sunday morning. :)

ben916
November 8th, 2010, 17:34
O/T completely..

Welcome!!!!

Watch out for MAXRS6..... he's about ta.....

Details on your RS6?

BigRedGuy
November 8th, 2010, 18:16
When you mount the Euro plate take pics so I can see how it works. Thanks. Massachusetts has 2 plates which mess up the front of sports cars. Some people in Mass. have 27 year old green plates that only go in the back but you can't get one if you haven't had one all along. Bastards.

JSRS6
November 8th, 2010, 18:16
Where is stevieg's lower grille surround?

BigRedGuy
November 8th, 2010, 18:21
O/T completely..

Welcome!!!!

Watch out for MAXRS6..... he's about ta.....

Details on your RS6?

THANKS for welcome. Do not own an RS6. Do not own an Audi yet. I have had friends who had an AUDI S4, then an RS4. Another had an Audi A4, now he has a 2010 VW TDI. This site attracted me because of the international flavor and good info.

I hope to eventually get an S4. I had a Volvo S40 with the Tiptronic suspension that would fly on the highway. When I get my Audi I am looking foward to driving it on twisty Massachusetts back roads.

Sorry about the OT, been known to do that.

JSRS6
November 8th, 2010, 18:26
Gotta do it.

Tiptronic suspension???

ben916
November 8th, 2010, 18:30
THANKS for welcome. Do not own an RS6. Do not own an Audi yet. I have had friends who had an AUDI S4, then an RS4. Another had an Audi A4, now he has a 2010 VW TDI. This site attracted me because of the international flavor and good info.

I hope to eventually get an S4. I had a Volvo S40 with the Tiptronic suspension that would fly on the highway. When I get my Audi I am looking foward to driving it on twisty Massachusetts back roads.

Sorry about the OT, been known to do that.

No problemo!
I lurked for 4 years before I "congress" approved the budgetary chit for the FASTEST colored RS6...
oh and about a "Thousand" posts (beavis and butthead reference, for those that know)

So if you can beat those stats, you can have the other "OZZY"...

BigRedGuy
November 8th, 2010, 18:51
Gotta do it.

Tiptronic suspension???

sorry, Tiptronic transmission...helps to type while not being distracted on the phone. Multitasking is not my strong suit.

BigRedGuy
November 8th, 2010, 18:55
No problemo!
I lurked for 4 years before I "congress" approved the budgetary chit for the FASTEST colored RS6...
oh and about a "Thousand" posts (beavis and butthead reference, for those that know)

So if you can beat those stats, you can have the other "OZZY"...

This is a great site, though. Another is Audizine, which has a large New England regional section, helpful for meets, reputable garages. etc.

I was originally into BMWs, I drove a friends. But the AWD in Audis, and the excellant gas mileage over a truck ( I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee), and testimonials from friends have sold me on Audis. Have TWO savings accounts - one for the car and one for repairs LOL. I currently drive a Dodge Neon, which believe it or not, even though it is not a high end sports sedan, can be fun to drive.

snoopra
November 8th, 2010, 22:03
BigRed, is the neon an SRT? Those are real fun to drive.

BigRedGuy
November 8th, 2010, 23:54
No Sir, it is not. However it has pep and it has a wing in the back. I appreciate you asking as on a forum like this with high end foreign cars I expected snickers when the words 'Dodge Neon' were uttered. I guess we all got to start somewhere.

Back to OP: you and your friends have 3 nice clean cars!

ben916
November 9th, 2010, 00:31
Well... hmmmm... I think the best way to put it would be this:
At least you can appreciate a fine vintage/marquee but at the moment, possessing it escapes you...

EX-2004 Accord Sedan V6 slushbox Silver exterior, black leather interior -> sounds familiar?

BigRedGuy
November 9th, 2010, 00:35
Well put.
Well... hmmmm... I think the best way to put it would be this:
At least you can appreciate a fine vintage/marquee but at the moment, possessing it escapes you...

EX-2004 Accord Sedan V6 slushbox Silver exterior, black leather interior -> sounds familiar?