PDA

View Full Version : an long overdue report on the new beastie.......

covertw12
November 5th, 2010, 23:59
sorry guys it's been a long rough month or so with post divorce drama and misc.... but USP has been busy with the car and after a bit of work chasing a boost leak the car is truly spectacular..... so far the performance mods are:

KW v3's w/ H-sports and 034 arms
VMR 19x 9.5's w/ 265/35/19 RE11's ( love them)
Wagner IC's and Venair hoses
Forge DV's & full silicone hose replacement kit
USP SS brake line and Motul
Full BND product line and ACES ( using 3.5 oz a tank)
Labree downpipes and cat deletes
USP then built a custom exhaust w/ Xpipe and resonators - using black Miltek tips
Updated APR ECU/ TCU tune - adjust for no cats etc...

Cosmetic Mods:

Debadged
Black Audi rings front and rear
Bedliner shifter mod ( best smile for buck - but a pain to take apart !)
Satin balck Mirror caps
RS6+ pedal kit
RNS-E ( truly love it....)
Black optic grilles and foglight delete
Blackened Window trim, headlight trim and rear trunk
Clear cornered
Tinted rear tails and side markers
S6 Side blades ( i've had them on and off.... still not sure)
Seat Cupra front spoiler
body color painted rear plate surround w/ rear fog delete
rear exhaust surround painted satin black ( no more silver stripes)

Debating:

Snow Meth kit.....
Fueling kit... fuel pump / press reg & maybe injectors ?
new tune to maximize the gains from those.....

APR rear diffuser ( the mustang application is real close to fitting.....I really think the car needs something for the rear end)

I'm hoping to get her all cleaned up in the morning and post pics.... and also hoping to get back to USP to Dyno her and get some video....they truly do great work and if anyone is interested in an amazing sounding exhaust they could jig off my car....happy to coordinate and loan my car. FWIW there was an issue with fitment of the Labrees that they resolved. I suspect Chris will post something over on Audizine or 6 Speed about that ....:race:

overall nothing I've owned yet has put a smile on my face like this car... and so few folks know what it is...... all part of the charm. and I'm about to turn 33k on her ! so many more fun miles ahead ( or so I hope !)

Cheers~

as350
November 6th, 2010, 00:20
Post some pics!

DonS
November 6th, 2010, 00:35
+1 on the pics!

skribe
November 6th, 2010, 03:01
Oh hellz yes. I just added "inventor of the bedliner shifter mod" to my wickipedia entry.

Congrats on bringing her to completion... Pics pics pics !!!

hahnmgh63
November 6th, 2010, 03:17
I'm interested in the issue with the Labree's as I've been thinking about them and they have a real good reputation with other makes. Also, now that your enjoying RNS-E, you should do the factory Bluetooth mod which entails removing the now defunct Onstar module. The bluetooth works great with my I-phone through the RNS-E and loads the address book, missed & dialed calls everytime you step in the car, really modern car stuff for a '03.

Elevens
November 6th, 2010, 03:28
Man, what you have done so far is amazing in such a short space of time. It will take me a few years to catch up to you, LOL. I am looking to get a set of Milltek Catless Downpipes(I've got a thing for Milltek) from Martin at UNIT20 over there in the UK, and will probably have USP install them. It would seem that Fonzie and yourself have nothing but good things to say about this place. Any way definitely post pictures of the end result, can't wait to see..................

DHall1
November 6th, 2010, 04:18
Your own wiki page?

Oh boy

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a476/drh11/RS6com%20resize/DoubleFacePalm.jpg
Oh hellz yes. I just added "inventor of the bedliner shifter mod" to my wickipedia entry.

Congrats on bringing her to completion... Pics pics pics !!!

skribe
November 6th, 2010, 15:04
Your own wiki page?

Oh boy

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a476/drh11/RS6com%20resize/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

That was a joke, Dave.

DHall1
November 6th, 2010, 15:09
I know it was and so was mine.

Do you have any tear down pics of your car yet? How is it coming along?

That was a joke, Dave.

skribe
November 6th, 2010, 20:38
I don't... unfortunately had to hit the road for business on short notice. Shop will have pix, my guy says everything is going smoothly. I do trust them, they did an amazing job on our range rover after a drunk driver in a ford f-150 crossed the center line and tried to kill my family.