PDA

View Full Version : who was the 55+ year old black woman driving the red RS6 in ATL yesterday?

twinsteve
November 4th, 2010, 17:34
I am not kidding...I pulled up next to her to get her attention..she looked over and ....nothing...nada...she had no idea what she was driving...my first RS6 sighting in ATL in 4+ years and I get gyped big-time

Elevens
November 4th, 2010, 18:44
Coincidence, I came across a woman with her mother in the back seat driving an Avus Grey one in mint condition a while ago. I said the same thing to myself also, I wonder if she really knows what she has. Talk about being envious, because at that time I did not have mine yet. And I wanted one really bad. I was tempted to run her down and tell her I wanted to be number one on her sellers list if she decides to sell. I decided against that, Road Rage is pretty bad down here in Florida. She probably would have Shot me dead.............................

surferdude
November 4th, 2010, 20:18
I have mentioned this in a thread before, I have 3 RS6's that park at my health club, and all are driven by women (I know all of them). My wife knows that I would give an arm and a testi for one, and she kids me that it's a ladies car. I think the reason I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet is because I subconsciously hope that one of them will sell theirs to me for dirt cheap. I almost bought a 2005 911 TT for about $20-$25k last year from a client of mine (he's worth in the $100's M), but his cheap wife caught wind of the deal, and no-go. Probably good that it didn't work out, since we just had a baby

ben916
November 4th, 2010, 20:56
... Probably good that it didn't work out, since we just had a baby

SOO!!! it is perfect timing for you to pick up one of several listed here on the sight... :)
Congrats on the bambino!

surferdude
November 5th, 2010, 03:49
SOO!!! it is perfect timing for you to pick up one of several listed here on the sight... :)
Congrats on the bambino!

Thanks Ben! Yeah, I know, I NEED a beast BAD! And the most recent Avus/Ebony posting looks like a great deal. But I am self-employed, and the last 6 months of business were not the best for me. So I'm still on the fence about purchasing an RS6 right now. But it will come one of these days, hopefully within the next couple of months :addict:

DonS
November 5th, 2010, 12:26
My wife drives the RS6 and goes out looking to embarrass someone. She finds them in her peripheral vision and unsuspectingly hammers them. Just because she isn’t eyeing up your car like a “car guy” doesn’t mean she isn’t aware of you and her beast….<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

rks838
November 5th, 2010, 18:58
haha DonS, great post

DHall1
November 5th, 2010, 21:09
Don,

I was laughing at your post. My wife drives the E55 every day. Hell, she wont let me drive it anymore. When finance vendors come to the hospital and take her out to lunch she knows who the car guys are. They always say something about her car and yes they really want to know how fast it is. Well, this one company actually made the grade and is working with the hosptial so they come around often. Always good for buying me golf rounds. Funny story, my wife offers to drive them to lunch last week and they go nuts to ride in her car. She takes the on ramp and just floors it....traction control light is going nuts as the car just rockets up the ramp over 100. Then she simply tells them..."my husband tells me never to turn off the traction control or I will end up in the ditch" and they all die laughing. They now understand what fast really is.

JSRS6
November 5th, 2010, 21:35
I sent my wife this link earlier. She thought it was hilarious. Thanks man. I did let her drive the beast out of dc after the marathon and we both realized that it was the first time she actually drove it. She liked it ;-)

ben916
November 5th, 2010, 22:38
My wife is afraid to drive the '6 - too fast she says.
"It begs to be driven fast"...

JSRS6
November 5th, 2010, 22:39
Yeah she didn't really "get on it" per se, but she merged very well ;-)

DonS
November 6th, 2010, 00:33
Oh, and the other thing she does that kills me is when I comment on a nice Mustang or BMW and she slyly says "they're not that fast." How does she know? She knows from driving the RS6. I offered to buy her an RS6, but she loves her old minivan.