PDA

View Full Version : fuel filter replacement

tidus888
November 3rd, 2010, 20:43
so guys.. still in the process of the 75k service.... anyone got instructions for replacing the fuel filter?

ben916
November 3rd, 2010, 23:17
Well, I know that it is located forward of the rear wheel well kinda tucked up in there with the fuel pump.

Pat might be a better source of instruction on this as I am planning on doing this shortly (no, not the same timeline as the rotors, thank you very much...)

4everRS
November 4th, 2010, 02:33
I think it is best to remove the rubber line where it meets the hard line going to the engine, and keep it attached at the filter. Not sure how you can remove the line from the filter itself - too tight.

tidus888
November 5th, 2010, 05:12
sigh... it was already an a** changing the oil today.... my last filter was on too tight.... time to tackle the fuel filter issue........ hope theres more input with tools needed and hopefully some tips.....

vodeftones
November 7th, 2010, 20:34
one thing from experience is if the torx or triple square screw holding the fuel pump in strips or the nut spins in the plastic make sure you ziptie the pump back up real tight because the electrical connector on the fuel pump is pretty tight and if there is too much slack the electrical connector will break and you will end up buying a new fuel pump :(