PDA

View Full Version : New Audi A6 2011 - Mirror Mirror on the wall... when´s the blanket going to fall???

Qisha
November 3rd, 2010, 18:23
Dear Friends,

what do you expect under the blanket? :jlol:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5954/nsuteaser.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2544/nsuteaser2.jpg

Qisha

Geist
November 3rd, 2010, 18:48
LED-shape doesn't fit A7 and A8 and it's looks like a big coupe/sedan to me... so I'm voting for the new A6.

florin08
November 3rd, 2010, 18:49
Imho, S7.

darkop
November 3rd, 2010, 19:18
Seems very low... S7 I guess! Can we have a higher res photo, please?

BaXRS4
November 3rd, 2010, 21:10
S8 I wish....

ZeroCool
November 3rd, 2010, 21:14
it must be something else :D

Zyklon5
November 3rd, 2010, 21:24
LED-shape doesn't fit A7 and A8 and it's looks like a big coupe/sedan to me... so I'm voting for the new A6.

+1

A profile picture would settle this fairly quick.

ben916
November 3rd, 2010, 21:51
looks like a 4dr - S7

V8weight
November 3rd, 2010, 22:03
The profile reflection in the window compared to that of the A7 says S7 to me.

Benman
November 3rd, 2010, 22:03
The anticipation builds...

Zyklon5
November 3rd, 2010, 22:06
The image is titled NSU teaser as in NSU Motorenwerke AG (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSU_Motorenwerke_AG)? The headlights look similar in style to the Etron Spyder concept.

ZeroCool
November 3rd, 2010, 22:29
NSU stands for Neckarsulm

Zyklon5
November 3rd, 2010, 23:11
Thx for the clarification, all this anticipation is frying my brain. :D

RXBG
November 4th, 2010, 01:24
S7. LA motor show perhaps???? that is just 2 weeks away.

Joker
November 4th, 2010, 07:01
Different LEDs than all current Audis, something you don't see between A, S or RS models. So it's something new guys.

darkop
November 4th, 2010, 09:00
Yeah, LEDs do look different, quite straight which is a bit disappointing... Although it's very blurry so we can't have a clear picture!

tailpipe
November 4th, 2010, 12:38
This is the S7 for five reasons:

1. Look at the reflection of the car in the glass building. Allowing for some distortion, it has the same profile as the unmasked A7.
2. The A7 needs a V8 option to compete with Mercedes-Benz's new CLS model
3. This is a presumably teaser for the LA show in a couple of weeks and since the USA is the primary market for the A7, it would make sense to launch the S7 there.
4. It can't be the new A6, because that car will almost certainly be launched in its primary market first: Europe.
5. It isn't the S8 either, because it doesn't seem big enough.

If this is the S7, then great. it means that the 4.0-litre V8 TFSI is ready. Finally. It should be an amazing car. Shame it only has 4 seats.

ZeroCool
November 4th, 2010, 17:03
look at the LEDs, tailpipe...and compare it to the LEDs of the A7

Benman
November 4th, 2010, 18:45
If this is the S7, then great. it means that the 4.0-litre V8 TFSI is ready. Finally. It should be an amazing car. Shame it only has 4 seats. Agreed.

I voted "something else", but if in fact it's the S7, it will be a bummer to see such a looker at the LA Show as the 4 seats is an automatic "FAIL" for me (three kids).

:cheers:

Ben :addict:

RXBG
November 5th, 2010, 00:43
on second look it does appear larger and longer than the A7 in the reflection. maybe it is an A9 concept.

darkop
November 5th, 2010, 04:39
Changed my opinion... It's probably the new A6 undercover or current one that had to act as a new one to confuse us more and not reveal much (those linear LED made me think so)..
Here is more confirmation:
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/11/2012-audi-a6-sedan-teased-in-group.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Carscoop+(CARSCOOP)

tailpipe
November 5th, 2010, 10:56
look at the LEDs, tailpipe...and compare it to the LEDs of the A7

You're right, they are different. Could it be that S7 has different lights to differentiate it?

Joker
November 5th, 2010, 11:53
You're right, they are different. Could it be that S7 has different lights to differentiate it?

Does any other Audi model range have different LED designs for each of their A, S and RS models?

No, which was my point earlier. If these aren't a trick of the light and are indeed straight then this isn't an S7 and must be something different than all present Audis on sale.

I'm betting on the A6. :hahahehe:

darkop
November 5th, 2010, 11:56
^New A6 won't have straight ones either...
This is a trick car...

Joker
November 5th, 2010, 12:24
^New A6 won't have straight ones either...
This is a trick car...

May be. But there are some photoshops of the new A6 which are using inside information that show (for the most part) a straight LED that only curls up at the end, something that wouldn't be seen under this sheet.

Ritchy
November 5th, 2010, 15:19
A6. Here's an other link:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110110529379/2012-audi-a6-teased---production-date-confirmed

RXBG
November 5th, 2010, 15:57
good: we get to see it this month in LA i guess. they never show a model AFTER it has begun production.

bad: we will continue to be bored to tears with a lack of a 4.0T engine. i guess we won't see that till detroit in jan or geneva in april in the S7. maybe they've postponed it because after seeing the 550i and S550 engine outputs they decided to crank up the under 400 hp power quotient they were sheepishly going to try to pass as an S engine.

Joker
November 5th, 2010, 16:40
I'm going to mention the car I now believe this might just be, that would share the basic silhouette of the A7 but have a flatter rear window. Namely the A5Sportback.

So I am more convinced we are looking at the RS5Sportback.

ben916
November 5th, 2010, 17:16
So I am more convinced we are looking at the RS5Sportback.

Look how WWWWIIIIIIDDDDDDEEEEE it is... almost A8/S8 ish in width... I am still going with S7...

darkop
November 5th, 2010, 17:24
So its quite different than this...
Trick car as I said... :)
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/front_website/gallery.php?o=0&id=387634
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/front_website/gallery.php?id=387631

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_775/car_photo_387631_25.jpg
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_775/car_photo_387634_25.jpg

Note the upright swing in LEDs... this car is going to be soooo sweet!

RXBG
November 5th, 2010, 17:30
Lies lies they are all lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HKS786
November 5th, 2010, 17:30
It's the LEDs that are confusing me because they dont match the A6, A7 or A8. However, based on the new side profile shot I think it is NOT the S7 or S8. Actually it looks like the new A6 especially the shape of the bootlid. However, as I said the LEDs do not match.

If it is something new then what is it? Because this looks like a production model and not a concept. Hmmm... I'll say A6 for now.

ZeroCool
November 5th, 2010, 17:54
so it must be something else ;)

Joker
November 5th, 2010, 18:33
Look how WWWWIIIIIIDDDDDDEEEEE it is... almost A8/S8 ish in width... I am still going with S7...

So to you an extra 56mm in width between the A7 and A5SB is that noticed the you chose to emphasise it thus 'WWWWIIIIIIDDDDDDEEEEE'.

Maybe your woman has been short changed if 56mm causes such a reaction. :hihi:

Me personally I know I couldn't tell such a small difference when the cars aren't sitting face on. But that is little doubt the silhouette makes two known Audis and only one has this shape of a rear window. Also only one current Audi has a straightest LED and that again is the A5.

ZeroCool
November 5th, 2010, 19:03
Qisha, please give us some small hint ;)

pleeeeaaaassseee :D

ChicagoAudi
November 5th, 2010, 22:39
Also only one current Audi has a straightest LED and that again is the A5.

There are two current Audis with a straight line of LEDs in the headlamp assemblies: the facelifted TT and the C6 A6. I am more and more convinced that the new car is the C7 A6, the new platform is similar to that found on the A7.

Joker
November 5th, 2010, 22:56
There are two current Audis with a straight line of LEDs in the headlamp assemblies: the facelifted TT and the C6 A6. I am more and more convinced that the new car is the C7 A6, the new platform is similar to that found on the A7.

The LEDs are the thing that are making me question it to be the C7 A6, every spy shot has shown similar LEDs to the A7. I disregarded the TT because the profile of this car is a little big for it, which left me of the opinion it was the RS5 Sportback. It's quite possible the LEDs in the test mules were not the final lighting design and from this angle the car may appear more rakish than it actually is, but at the moment I'm sticking with the Sportback.

ZeroCool
November 5th, 2010, 23:37
@ChicagoAudi...

Look at the spy shots of the new A6 C7 some posts above yours....and look at the headlights...it's not possible that there is a straight LED line..IMO

RXBG
November 6th, 2010, 00:07
why couldnt it be an A9? interestingly audi has eliminated the sharkfin navi antenna from its models yet this car seems to have one.

darkop
November 6th, 2010, 14:28
Qisha, please give us some small hint ;)

pleeeeaaaassseee :D
Do you really think he knows?! ;)

ZeroCool
November 6th, 2010, 15:24
oh yes ;) i'm 100% sure he knows ... that's the reason why he won't tell us...

read his last posts...and you'll know what i mean

Joker
November 6th, 2010, 16:18
We now know that Neckarsulm will be building the A6, like they already do with the A8 and the A7 and we also know that the A6 is due soon, like early next year kind of soon, so this may well be the A6 after all.

So why does this car that's under the cover has completely different shaped LEDs from the cars in the spy photos? :vhmmm:

ZeroCool
November 6th, 2010, 16:42
because it's maybe something else :D

quattroholic
November 6th, 2010, 17:03
Hi everyone, this is my first post so bare with me :)

I thought that I may be able to shed a little light on what's hiding under the "blanket." The original caption included with this photo via Audi Media Services is:

"2010 is the year of production starts for the Neckarsulm site: In addition to the Audi R8 Spyder, A8, A8 L and A7 Sportback, production of the new Audi A6 is also scheduled to start this year."

The photo was made to display all of the new Audi vehicles that start Neckarsulm production in 2010. So, the car under the sheet represents the next-gen A6. Whether or not that car actually is the new A6 is really anyone's guess. Either it is indeed the next-gen A6 or they just placed a sheet over a C6 A6 for the photo - considering driving the new generation car with no camo to and from the photo shoot could be a spy photog's dream ;)

Either way, I think the good news is that this confirms the next-generation A6 will start production by the end of 2010, meaning it should not be long until we see an official release!

Hope that helps!

quattroholic
November 6th, 2010, 17:42
Sorry, I forgot the other more revealing caption:

"2010 – A year of production starts: Albrecht Reimold, Plant Manager Audi Neckarsulm, with the five models launched at the site: R8 Spyder, A8, A8L, A7 Sportback and one model still under wraps (A6 successor)"

darkop
November 6th, 2010, 17:44
Hi everyone, this is my first post so bare with me :)

I thought that I may be able to shed a little light on what's hiding under the "blanket." The original caption included with this photo via Audi Media Services is:

"2010 is the year of production starts for the Neckarsulm site: In addition to the Audi R8 Spyder, A8, A8 L and A7 Sportback, production of the new Audi A6 is also scheduled to start this year."

The photo was made to display all of the new Audi vehicles that start Neckarsulm production in 2010. So, the car under the sheet represents the next-gen A6. Whether or not that car actually is the new A6 is really anyone's guess. Either it is indeed the next-gen A6 or they just placed a sheet over a C6 A6 for the photo - considering driving the new generation car with no camo to and from the photo shoot could be a spy photog's dream ;)

Either way, I think the good news is that this confirms the next-generation A6 will start production by the end of 2010, meaning it should not be long until we see an official release!

Hope that helps!

Exactly my thoughts! Am glad that finally someone has conveyed them into words so effectively!
WELCOME aboard and keep on with good stuff on your homepage as well!

youry
November 8th, 2010, 21:12
I visited Neckarsulm factory and we got confirmed by the guide that new A6 first pre-assembly cars were already made and that final cars will start end of 2010... so no douby for me its a new A6....(sedan)

RXBG
November 17th, 2010, 20:25
not going to happen this month. LA show is basically a redux of Paris but on american soil. perhaps at Art Basel Miami where the new A8 debuted- in 2 weeks.

Benman
November 18th, 2010, 00:13
RXBG is correct. I still am planning on going if for nothing else, to see the A7 in person (even though it is a four seater. :( ). That is, if I can pull myself away from GT5. :race: :incar:

SAF
November 18th, 2010, 02:33
So who is sending out the chicken dinners when the cover comes off?

RXBG
November 19th, 2010, 13:59
So who is sending out the chicken dinners when the cover comes off?

if the car isn't shown in Miami the chicken dinner will be cold because the next auto show isn't till march. i don't know what audi is thinking if they don't show it in Miami.

JavierNuvolari
November 19th, 2010, 15:22
I placed my bet on new S7, take a look at the car's profile in the building behind it ;).

Saludos.

JavierNuvolari
November 19th, 2010, 15:24
I placed my bet on new S7, take a look at the car's profile in the building behind it ;).

Saludos.

artur777
November 19th, 2010, 23:36
New A6
New A6
New A6
New A6
New A6
New A6

Qisha
November 20th, 2010, 19:26
Dear Friends,

you are going to see something new next week and this will not be the next gen A6. :hahahehe:

Qisha

darkop
November 20th, 2010, 20:29
We all hope it's a S7! Now when BM' introduced a redesigned 6er...

Joker
November 20th, 2010, 23:45
Dear Friends,

you are going to see something new next week and this will not be the next gen A6. :hahahehe:

Qisha

I bet it's an Audi. :jlol:

But seriously, I hope it's the S7 because we need a new engine to rave about and the 4.0TFSi could be that engine. Just hope it's as beefy and aggressive as the AMG CLS is, now that's one hot looking motor. :love:

ZeroCool
November 21st, 2010, 00:28
guys, don't you think that the S8 should and will be shown before the S7???

artur777
November 21st, 2010, 00:46
S8 should be earlier than S7
Both of them 4.0 tfsi

artur777
November 21st, 2010, 01:04
Qisha, thanks

Audi A9???

HKS786
November 21st, 2010, 02:06
Come on Qisha give us another hint.

When you refer to this "something new" is it the same something that is under wraps in the picture? Because I still believe that picture showed the A6 based on the profile shape and the shape of the bootlid. It did not fit the S7 shapes but I could be wrong. If that model is not the A6 I am putting my money on the new S8.

Joker
November 21st, 2010, 10:47
Come on Qisha give us another hint.

When you refer to this "something new" is it the same something that is under wraps in the picture? Because I still believe that picture showed the A6 based on the profile shape and the shape of the bootlid. It did not fit the S7 shapes but I could be wrong. If that model is not the A6 I am putting my money on the new S8.

But how could it possibly be a model previously seen, all those models has an LED style that in unique to that model and the one under the sheet has a LED style unseen. The level LED that runs along the bottom of the light unit is only seen in the A5 range but with it they continue up the outside edge, unfortunately we could see if this is happening under the sheet.

HKS786
November 21st, 2010, 13:10
Oh yeah, I forgot about the LEDs. What unseen model could this be? I share the idea that if this is the new A6 then maybe Audi have the current A6 under wraps.

darkop
November 21st, 2010, 13:38
Oh yeah, I forgot about the LEDs. What unseen model could this be? I share the idea that if this is the new A6 then maybe Audi have the current A6 under wraps.
this is exactly what it is... Just a ''placeholder'' beneath!

HKS786
November 21st, 2010, 14:20
LEDs, grille and bootlid look like the current A6. Only the profile sort of looks like A7 but remember the A6 has a coupe-like roofline. Which means the model we are going to see is NOT the one under wraps. I would say we are going to see the S8.

RXBG
November 21st, 2010, 23:57
if it is shown this week it will most likely be shown in miami the first week of dec in person. it could be anything, of course, but my money is on something that is a new design/not seen before, since it is a design/art festival/show. this would make it less likely to be an S8 or S7 since those cars are simply performance variations of cars that are already in production. my money is still on something like an A9 concept.

the new A6 would be less likely since test mules have been out far less time than the S8 and S7 mules. of those cars the S8 is way ready. the S7 after that.

only a few days away anyway.

Qisha
November 22nd, 2010, 08:28
A touch early Erik... but i guess this is the fastest Site on the Net: :jlol:

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21814-It-s-official!-Audi-RS-3-Sportback?p=201730#post201730

Erik
November 22nd, 2010, 08:46
A touch early Erik... but i guess this is the fastest Site on the Net: :jlol:

Sometimes, just sometimes we get it right :D

But...

Does

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2544/nsuteaser2.jpg

=

http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10540&d=1290414485

:vhmmm:

Joker
November 22nd, 2010, 08:52
^ Some how I doubt it's one and the same. :hihi:

Qisha
November 22nd, 2010, 09:11
...no but as we were talking about something new, i used this Thread as my "Megaphone". :lovl:

Joker
November 22nd, 2010, 09:33
...no but as we were talking about something new, i used this Thread as my "Megaphone". :lovl:

What did you say there Qisha, I couldn't quite hear you. :lovl:

HKS786
November 22nd, 2010, 10:15
Haha, so it seems I was right to ask if this "something new" was the same thing under wraps! I'm still saying that the current A6 is under wraps and we will see the A6 in a while. Qisha any hints mate? :D

darkop
November 22nd, 2010, 11:15
if it is shown this week it will most likely be shown in miami the first week of dec in person. it could be anything, of course, but my money is on something that is a new design/not seen before, since it is a design/art festival/show. this would make it less likely to be an S8 or S7 since those cars are simply performance variations of cars that are already in production. my money is still on something like an A9 concept.

the new A6 would be less likely since test mules have been out far less time than the S8 and S7 mules. of those cars the S8 is way ready. the S7 after that.

only a few days away anyway.
Haha, A9 is just pure speculation, don't hold your breath on that... How funny that some non credible article can stir so much fuss around itself!

RXBG
November 22nd, 2010, 13:45
well. i guess the new thing this week was the RS3. we were all wrong.

Erik
November 22nd, 2010, 14:22
we were all wrong.

No, 6.9% voted "something else" :D

ChicagoAudi
November 22nd, 2010, 20:37

I reviewed the Qisha posts and note a certain discrepancy. In Qisha's initial posting, with a vehicle covered, the question of what's under the cover is asked. In another, later posting, Qisha announces that there will be the release of a new model, and one specifically, that no one on this thread had mentioned. We now know that Qisha was writing about the introduction of the RS3; however, Qisha never mentioned that the model introduction and the vehicle under the clothe were one and the same.

The profile of the vehicle under the shroud is much different than that of the RS3. It is more sedan, and not a RS3 Sportsback shape. Therefore, I can only conclude that Audi will introduce another vehicle in the not too distant future. Audi has used the Miami Design show to debut the R8 and the A8. I guess we will find out if Audi, which is the key sponsor of this event, has another vehicle debut before the end of the year.

Benman
November 22nd, 2010, 23:38

I was one of those, but I think those of us who did, may be proved wrong. I am thinking there IS a good chance it could be the S7 or S8.

Ben :addict:

artur777
November 22nd, 2010, 23:53
Audi S8 then... But I am totally misleaded

Audi A6 was the most expected

RXBG
November 23rd, 2010, 01:56
design miami is in one week..... i too expect something there.

RXBG
November 24th, 2010, 18:01
NOTHIN new at design miami next week...

http://www.designmiami.com/sponsors/view/audi-ag/

just an A1 and the A8 again

i guess no new A6, S8, or S7 till geneva. they must be having trouble finalizing the spec on the new 4.0T engine.

artur777
November 24th, 2010, 19:17
sad it is

darkop
November 24th, 2010, 20:54
According to the Fortitude insiders, new A6 is due before the end of the year in specially held event by Audi!
;)

artur777
November 25th, 2010, 07:45
One idea:
May it be an audi quattro concept???

Qisha, please give us some info...

Qisha
November 25th, 2010, 18:37
...the year is not over. :hihi:

darkop
November 27th, 2010, 17:36
So it's official!
New A6 on Dec 1st.

http://tv.audi.de/#/07

artur777
November 28th, 2010, 01:40
if so, my first guess was right
but why did Qisha tell us it was not A6?

rs-6
November 28th, 2010, 08:52

he never really did say that, I think. Qisha = reading between the lines :hahahehe:

meanwhile: Qisha, could you please take a look at the questions in the RS3-topic?

darkop
November 28th, 2010, 09:18
Where exactly did you read that?!!!

Joker
November 28th, 2010, 10:28
meanwhile: Qisha, could you please take a look at the questions in the RS3-topic?

Please remind me of those questions. :vhmmm:

The only issues I recall where as follows:

Q:Which Haldex is it using?
A:The same as the TTRS.

Q:Rim options?
A:Probably vary from country to country so diffficult to give an exact answer.

Q:Colour options?
A:Everything is available from Audi's range of colours at a price but probably because of the 2700 units the colour palette that are standard or standard optional will have to be quite limited to a very small selection.

Q:Will there be a 3rd version?
A:With such a limited number and the new model only around the corner I think the chances of this are very slim.

Other than those I can't think of any more.

rs-6
November 28th, 2010, 11:39
Q:Which Haldex is it using?
A:The same as the TTRS.

Are you sure about this, I couldn't find this anywhere...

The RS6
November 28th, 2010, 12:06
So it's official!
New A6 on Dec 1st.

http://tv.audi.de/#/07

I can't see that...?

darkop
November 28th, 2010, 12:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmhE7xcHgOU&feature=youtu.be&a

Zyklon5
November 28th, 2010, 15:48
Finally, i hope it's a bolder design language, it would be a great time to do so, since the new 5 series/E-Klasse aren't exactly revolutionary designs.

darkop
November 28th, 2010, 16:13
Finally, i hope it's a bolder design language, it would be a great time to do so, since the new 5 series/E-Klasse aren't exactly revolutionary designs.
It doesn't have to be much of a car to beat both latest E klasse/5er in terms of not only looks but even dynamically. Am sure it's gonna retain its title of best selling middle class sedan ww.

ChicagoAudi
November 28th, 2010, 21:37
The blurred Audi podcast video does provide some tasty details of the upcoming A6. It appears that the Tornado Line is now two distinct creases, the upper one stronger and thus more visible than the lower element.

The door handles are not those found on the A7 but look similar to the existing flush flap arrangement but are no longer flush mounted. Again, this is a change compared with other new Audi product.

The biggest change are the headlights, which look like the LED assemblies found on the Quattro Sport concept. Evidently the headlamp seen on the test mules were not representative of the finished product.

It could be the angle but the front overhang looks extremely short for an Audi. In some ways the A6 seems to usher in a new design ethos while the A7 almost hints to an end of the old language and grammar. I guess we will learn more soon.

RXBG
November 29th, 2010, 00:00
i like, what appears to be, the extremely short overhang. let's hope it isn't as awkward as the A7 in the back. indicates only some teasers on dec 1. car will be intro'd in 2011?

darkop
November 29th, 2010, 09:01
The blurred Audi podcast video does provide some tasty details of the upcoming A6. It appears that the Tornado Line is now two distinct creases, the upper one stronger and thus more visible than the lower element.

The door handles are not those found on the A7 but look similar to the existing flush flap arrangement but are no longer flush mounted. Again, this is a change compared with other new Audi product.

The biggest change are the headlights, which look like the LED assemblies found on the Quattro Sport concept. Evidently the headlamp seen on the test mules were not representative of the finished product.

It could be the angle but the front overhang looks extremely short for an Audi. In some ways the A6 seems to usher in a new design ethos while the A7 almost hints to an end of the old language and grammar. I guess we will learn more soon.

Door handles are not flush, but very same/similar to current A7/8, as they can't be due to latest safety regulations. At first I was also of the same impression but if you look closely you would see what I mean. The play of light/dark made us do this mistake in perception.
Cheers.

ps. @RXBG
Car will be presented on Dec 1st and it's market introduction will be spring 2011 in Europe and fall 2011 in USA.

ChicagoAudi
November 29th, 2010, 18:02
Definitely correct. The door handles are the Audi corporate design standard handles. The other design elements look interesting. I can't wait to for the unveiling on Wednesday.

artur777
November 29th, 2010, 23:25
Dear Qisha, please enlighten us with the answer!
We bet on Audi A6-)))

Zyklon5
November 29th, 2010, 23:26
Wednesday what our ? because I'm counting the minutes :jlol: is the launch on the GMT +1 timezone ?

4everRS
November 30th, 2010, 03:41
All this Hype is just going to upset me when they make an RS model out of it in a few years, and then NOT bring it to the the US. Right when I will likely want to replace my '03 RS6. My blood pressure is rising just thinking about it.

Qisha
November 30th, 2010, 07:08
Dear Friends,

as the secret is no longer a secret... yes- it is the new A6. You also might want to know, the RS 6 Gen3 development is already rolling... and this time it is scheduled to be also available within the USA. :thumb:

Qisha

Erik
November 30th, 2010, 07:30
Dear Friends,

as the secret is no longer a secret... yes- it is the new A6. You also might want to know, the RS 6 Gen3 development is already rolling... and this time it is scheduled to be also available within the USA. :thumb:

Qisha

Great news! (it's what I needed this morning)

I propose we start a new thread about this subject, and because it's my forum I get what I want :D

Discussions about the new Audi RS6 Gen 3 here:
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21842-News!-Audi-RS6-Gen-3-in-development-and-it-s-coming-to-the-US?p=202368#post202368

darkop
November 30th, 2010, 08:57
Great news! (it's what I needed this morning)

I propose we start a new thread about this subject, and because it's my forum I get what I want :D

Discussions about the new Audi RS6 Gen 3 here:
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21842-News!-Audi-RS6-Gen-3-in-development-and-it-s-coming-to-the-US?p=202368#post202368

This is just hilarious!!! Good one...

It's very strange this reveal... Nothing is mentioned, place, hour! Like it's not very important model...
Is it going to be just few teaser images before an official presentation later in December?
Qisha?
Thanks

darkop
November 30th, 2010, 14:27
New thread started that may be of your interest!! :)

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21843-It-s-official!!!-New-Audi-2012-A6

Zyklon5
November 30th, 2010, 21:11
First pictures on Autoblog: Leaked: Are you the new Audi A6? (http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/30/leaked-are-you-the-new-audi-a6/)

Full frontal shots are beautiful, the tail lights look dubious at best to me, I'd rather have the face lifted C6 lights any day of the week.

SAF
December 1st, 2010, 00:17
Agreed. The bulbous tail lights are horrendous.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/11/05-2012-audi-a6-leak.jpg

S6V10Avant
December 1st, 2010, 10:49
The front is very nice and dynamic, side is a bit dull and the rear is could be better. Looks like a FL A4. The interior looks very nice.

AndyBG
December 1st, 2010, 18:57
Will there be A6 4.2 and S6...?

darkop
December 1st, 2010, 20:06
Will there be A6 4.2 and S6...?
S6 - of course, with new 4.0 TFSI.
A6 4.2 - redundant, no more V8 options for ''regular'' A6 (and A7).

Joker
December 2nd, 2010, 18:53
I think the 4.2FSi will remain in service with the A8 but only until the 4.0TFSi becomes available, after that point it will be put out to pasture. The A6 will not receive this engine at all, but I wouldn't be surprised if Audi turned the wick up on the v6TFSi offering something between what it currently does and the output of the S6, maybe increasing it's capacity if possible.

RXBG
December 2nd, 2010, 19:23
S6 - of course, with new 4.0 TFSI.
A6 4.2 - redundant, no more V8 options for ''regular'' A6 (and A7).

agreed 100%

Qisha
May 17th, 2011, 17:01
Dear Friends,

you might want to watch the Worldpremiere of the new Audi A6 Avant:

Audi A6 Avant Worldpremiere
Wednesday, May 18th 2011, 8:00 PM GMT+1 MESZ
Live @ the Humboldt-Box, Berlin

https://www.audi-mediaservices.com/publish/ms/content/de/public/webvideo/2011/05/18/livestream-a6-avant.html

Qisha

darkop
May 17th, 2011, 17:10
Thanks for this, but could you give us something we didn't already know? There are loads of things to be revealed we have been eagerly expecting, and am sure you know it...

amanda
May 17th, 2011, 18:14
S7 or maybe an RS7??

Qisha
May 17th, 2011, 20:23
could you give us something we didn't already know?

Dear darkop,

well... this is no Audi S7. :hihi:

http://media1.blackfalconmedia.com/2011/5/9/medium/1587540403107506011.jpg

Qisha

PS: this IS a Audi S7:
PPS: there are FIVE S Versions coming... :jlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kBgZrx-0100

darkop
May 17th, 2011, 21:08
^
It could be anything and it doesn't matter. We all know that S1, Q5 S, S6, S7, S8, RS4 Avant, RS6, RS7 are coming. We need numbers, dates...
Best,
D