PDA

View Full Version : Is this Water / Methanol kit any good? or is it garbage?

Majestic
November 3rd, 2010, 08:42
http://www.aemelectronics.com/water-methanol-injection-kits-23/water-methanol-systems-for-gasoline-engines-51/

Just wondering if anyone ever did this, or is this just a waste of money?

RS6Steve
November 3rd, 2010, 08:49
Paul in the UK did this on his RS6 and it made a huge difference... There is a thread on AudiSRS or RS246 somewhere, I'll try and find it a post for you.

skribe
November 3rd, 2010, 13:47
Of course, if you install any AEM parts, it's required that you install a "shocker" sticker somewhere on the vehicle. I'm serious, it's a federal law that was pushed through by the rice lobbyists.

http://cdn2.ioffer.com/img/item/116/067/413/1Fdw.jpg

V8weight
November 3rd, 2010, 14:06
Of course, if you install any AEM parts, it's required that you install a "shocker" sticker somewhere on the vehicle. I'm serious, it's a federal law that was pushed through by the rice lobbyists.

Oh, that's what that is? I was wondering why all these honda badged acura's were driving around with the image of a turkey trying to bite it's own ass in the window.

ntrcptr
November 3rd, 2010, 14:07
i did this on my mr2turbo...it worked pretty well... especially in the summer. I didn't have the dyno numbers to prove it, but i'm sold on the idea.:revs::addict:

V8weight
November 3rd, 2010, 14:13
i did this on my mr2turbo...it worked pretty well... especially in the summer. I didn't have the dyno numbers to prove it, but i'm sold on the idea.:revs::addict:
I'll be doing an Aquamist or Snow Performance kit in the spring. No need to do it now with winter approaching.

ntrcptr
November 3rd, 2010, 14:26
that was the brand i had...i stil have it on my "duece".. too bad it aint runnin:vgrumpy:

ben916
November 3rd, 2010, 16:03

Isn't a fart can also FEDERALLY required with AEM and shocker sticker?

JSRS6
November 3rd, 2010, 16:21
Isn't a fart can also FEDERALLY required with AEM and shocker sticker?

Or two if you have a 350z...

ben916
November 3rd, 2010, 16:51
Paul in the UK did this on his RS6 and it made a huge difference... There is a thread on AudiSRS or RS246 somewhere, I'll try and find it a post for you.

Was this used in conjunction with any other power adders? (chip?)

ntrcptr
November 3rd, 2010, 18:39
hmmm... APR chip woud do we with this... but do researh a little about the effect of methenol on the internal seals.. i recall somethin about it

4everRS
November 4th, 2010, 03:04
ntrcptr - use the "reply with quote" button. Also, what seals would be in contact with the intake air? MAF seals?
hmmm... APR chip woud do we with this... but do researh a little about the effect of methenol on the internal seals.. i recall somethin about it

4everRS
November 4th, 2010, 03:05
Let's make it a party!
I'll be doing an Aquamist or Snow Performance kit in the spring. No need to do it now with winter approaching.

V8weight
November 4th, 2010, 03:21
Let's make it a party!
Off with the lock support again! You still want those tires? I'm going to have to burn them to keep warm pretty soon.

4everRS
November 4th, 2010, 11:15
Off with the lock support again! You still want those tires? I'm going to have to burn them to keep warm pretty soon.ha ha. Don't burn them. I still want them. I should get the money sent huh? Ya lock support off, who knows, maybe I'll need to replace an accesory or something.

V8weight
November 4th, 2010, 12:40
ha ha. Don't burn them. I still want them. I should get the money sent huh? Ya lock support off, who knows, maybe I'll need to replace an accesory or something.
No worries, I had completely forgotten about them until last weekend when I moved my hoard of wheels and tires to the shed for the winter. They're tucked away until you need them.

ttboost
November 5th, 2010, 00:02
I have had an Aquamist kit on my 996 Turbo for 2 years ...no issues. I have taken advantage of plug changes to look at pistons and cylinder,etc...no issues....