PDA

View Full Version : Swapping steering wheel for RS6 one

rs4some
October 31st, 2010, 05:51
Wanting to know if the airbag connectors for Audis are all the same so that i would be able to swap out the ugly standard RS5 steering wheel with a flat bottom one and round airbag as used in the RS6 or R8?

Is this and easy swap over?

youry
November 1st, 2010, 02:37
There is at least 10 other people I know off which have thought of this including me...

the problem is with the coding dn multiplexing according to an audi audi exclusive I guy I asked about.... so you will have lots of check lights on the dashboard and no way to remove them...

it would be nice to be able to do it...

havign said that have you driven a RS5.. as in rality the steerign wheels feeld very different versus in photo... its much thicker and feel great...

rs4some
November 1st, 2010, 03:25
I have driven one and the wheel wasnt to bad to use, i just wanted a RS6 one mainly for the look. The standard one has a A4 airbag on it and just looks so budget, doesn't have the same differing factor that an RS4 did to a normal A4.
I do prefer the flat bottom RS6 wheel however. I know of guys that have put R8 wheels in their S5's so there must be some differecence between a s5 and rs5, though i wouldnt have thought so?

rs4some
November 2nd, 2010, 21:27

It can be done on a S5 so unless the RS5 is different again i cant see why not

"Not a direct swap, you need VAG-COM / VCDS to clear the airbag codes, you also need to use a different airbag harness and obviously the correct badges to finish it off nicely. I can source all of these for you!

Here are some pics of the S5 wheel before, the badge swap and TTRS after of mine."

youry
November 3rd, 2010, 14:27
what about the Stronic paddles. don't they come with the steering wheels ?