PDA

View Full Version : Is f

JSRS6
October 23rd, 2010, 23:05
I guess ~400 more pounds and leaky stock intercoolers make me and a new 417hp IS F worthy adversaries. Driving home from one of my pre-marathon massages, I spot a new IS F about to pull out of the dealer for a test drive. I accelerate a little more as I pass him, as he pulls out onto the 4-lane street. We end up coincidentally sitting at pole position next to each other at the next light and I don't even have to look over to know. He edges up an inch, then another, then another. Light turns green and I take off in sport. I pull a little in first, even in second, nose to nose in third, and he starts BARELY pulling. Then a suburban cuts across. We both slam on our brakes and miss the behemoth in the road by a few feet. Then he makes a U-turn. Wonder if he still intends on buying...and I can't wait to get a tune and install the sealed IC's. Hmmmmm...:incar:

ben916
October 24th, 2010, 02:23
don't go to the dark side....

JSRS6
October 24th, 2010, 02:33
What is this "dark side" you speak of?

Aronis
October 24th, 2010, 22:33
Does the new IS F also come off the lot De-Tuned like the M3? If so, after the break in period you'd be toast!

DHall1
October 25th, 2010, 02:20
I drove one a few years back.

It was stout and balanced. I just could not get around the cheezy look to the car. The rear end view was garbage.

JSRS6
October 25th, 2010, 14:45
Does the new IS F also come off the lot De-Tuned like the M3? If so, after the break in period you'd be toast!

Perhaps, if my car stayed the same, performance-wise...my sealed intercoolers are going in very soon, and I'm getting a tune very soon, as well as I will be gutting all cats(tune will take this into account) and deleting the mufflers(after I hear it catless in person)

JSRS6
October 25th, 2010, 14:48

It was stout and balanced. I just could not get around the cheezy look to the car. The rear end view was garbage.

A few years? I didn't realize they had been out that long. Quick question though...If my oil temp was only at 175, would that have limited MY performance? I've seen on here that the car cuts boost before it's warmed up.

JSRS6
October 25th, 2010, 14:51

I'm also not a big fan of the trailing edge of the front fenders on the ISF, the SHO, the jag, looks kinda cheesy.

ben916
October 25th, 2010, 18:04
Quick question though...If my oil temp was only at 175, would that have limited MY performance? I've seen on here that the car cuts boost before it's warmed up.

I think you are correct on that...
not sure of the thresholds/temp vs boost

skribe
October 25th, 2010, 21:01
Recently pulled hard on a really cocky kid in a GTO 6.0. He failed to factor in his three passengers. :jlol:

Then he did the old hang back and hide in traffic trick. I loved that.

JSRS6
October 25th, 2010, 21:56
Recently pulled hard on a really cocky kid in a GTO 6.0. He failed to factor in his three passengers. :jlol:

Then he did the old hang back and hide in traffic trick. I loved that.

Yeah. I pulled my friends 5.7 with cams in my flashed s4 2.7t. I'm pretty sure a 6.0 wouldn't give me any problems. :-)

ben916
October 25th, 2010, 22:07
I am thinking of a new license plate "PREY ON U"
Non-religious, of course nor implied...

JSRS6
October 25th, 2010, 22:23
I am thinking of a new license plate "PREY ON U"
Non-religious, of course nor implied...

I don't remember the state, but I remember seeing a variation on that.

DHall1
October 25th, 2010, 22:40
Way back in the day.

My hot rod was a 67 SS396. Tubbed and 14x32 rear tires. 427 open chamber L88 and 13:1 compression. Bottom line a Super Gas 9.90 engine in a street car. My license plates?

U LOSE

I guess that pretty well takes care of everyone. I could not keep street tires from roasting even at 40mph if I put the wood to the go pedal. 28 inches of street rubber would not hold the pavement. That car literally scared the crap out of me.