PDA

View Full Version : Ethanol Free Gas Stations? Really?

GEN XER
October 20th, 2010, 04:04
The one's in my NC and VA are all to far for me to consider. The closest one to me is 1hr away but if you see some near you check it out and see if it is real.

http://pure-gas.org/

DHall1
October 20th, 2010, 04:18
Only 2 in AZ....both hours away. Dammit

EPA is looking at 15 even 20% blends are coming down the pipe. Got to keep feeding that corn subsidy monster.

dont get me started.

GEN XER
October 20th, 2010, 04:22
Only 2 in AZ....both hours away. Dammit

EPA is looking at 15 even 20% blends are coming down the pipe. Got to keep feeding that corn subsidy monster.

dont get me started.

E15 I think has already been approved. 15% ethanol. I will have to drive the 73 Vette to the ethanol free station! If/ when they go to 20% any car older than 2008 will not be able to run it. Get ready to upgrade or walk.

DHall1
October 20th, 2010, 04:44
I will drive the motorhome every day. Let them put corn in diesel.

GEN XER
October 20th, 2010, 05:35
I will drive the motorhome every day. Let them put corn in diesel.
There is an option. The R2 is suppose to be diesel so Ill be good. VW has plenty of older diesel's on the market as well.

DHall1
October 20th, 2010, 06:39
Looks like Eastwood wants to compete with BND and Aces. Haha

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-s-fuel-guard-additive-system.html

Dont worry, ethanol water separation is nothing to worry about folks. Who cares about the fuel components in the RS6.

http://www.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2010/10/epa-to-allow-15-ethanol-in-gasoline-up-from-10-now-/1

Ethanol is green fuel? Really

http://www.naturalnews.com/027815_ethanol_gasoline.html

ben916
October 20th, 2010, 07:12
um....... there seems to be a state or two missing.....

speedtrapped
October 20th, 2010, 12:33
NJ -uggghh-at least we have Christie.

4everRS
October 20th, 2010, 15:48
I know of 3 stations in my town that sell ethanol-free gasoline. It is in Premium form. This is also reffered to as "non-oxygenated" gas. The oxygenate used elsewhere is Ethanol. Other oxygenates include methanol, isopropyl alcohol, and butane. Ethanol is the cheapest to produce compared to the alternatives, and that's why it is used to mix in the gasoline. It also burns the most similarly as gas campared to the others.

In central and northern MN, many station offer ethanol-free gas. On the pump it usually states that it is to be used in collector vehicles, ATV's, snowmobiles, and other small gas engines ONLY, with the "only" literally bold and capitalized on the sticker. This rule/law is not enforced. In this area, there is a high useage of ATV's and snowmobiles. This is the only gas I use in my cars, and there is even an ethanol plant in my town.

Edit: that pure gas link above dosen't have even a quarter the stations that it is available at up here.

JSRS6
October 20th, 2010, 16:00
You can always use the defense that "my car is a collector car, rare and expensive, and that cheap shit won't do". I mean, it IS true...lol.

JRS-RS6
October 20th, 2010, 16:02
Looks like Eastwood wants to compete with BND and Aces. Haha

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-s-fuel-guard-additive-system.html

Dont worry, ethanol water separation is nothing to worry about folks. Who cares about the fuel components in the RS6.

http://www.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2010/10/epa-to-allow-15-ethanol-in-gasoline-up-from-10-now-/1

Ethanol is green fuel? Really

http://www.naturalnews.com/027815_ethanol_gasoline.html

I got the USA Today last week in my hotel room in LA and considered starting this thread but never did. My question is this: How about our friends elsewhere like in the EU, Australia, Dubai, Taiwan, etc.... is this happening there too?

Oh and Dave I will get you my logs when I can. I only had a couple days at home and barely drove the car. How about this -- on Tuesday 11/2 I will go vote, go to work locally (for a change), go to Pat's and get some logs and than go home and watch the slaughter on TV. Sounds like a well rounded day to me. :)

JSRS6
October 20th, 2010, 16:05
Dave, do you have Revo logs yet? I will be getting that tune soon, and would be happy to log some blocks for everyone.

4everRS
October 20th, 2010, 16:29
That will be great to see Josh. Better change your sig!
Dave, do you have Revo logs yet? I will be getting that tune soon, and would be happy to log some blocks for everyone.

JSRS6
October 20th, 2010, 16:35
Lol, and with freshly Resealed stock junk intercoolers to boot!

4everRS
October 20th, 2010, 16:37
Nice. Will it be a DIY or a radiator repair shop?
Lol, and with freshly Resealed stock junk intercoolers to boot!

JSRS6
October 20th, 2010, 16:44
It was DIY. Lots of pinholes between the bars and now they hold a bar, lol. But seriously, it was pretty easy. Seeing how about half of the spaces had leaks, I went ahead and carefully drilled between ALL the bars. Then I inverted a ziplok, mixed j-b weld, flipped it right side out and cut the tip, making a kind of makeshift cake decorating bag. Great for filling in the holes with j-b, and easy clean up.

DHall1
October 20th, 2010, 16:57
PM sent. Lets chat about this

DHall1
October 20th, 2010, 17:29
Just vote! Vote early. Vote often. Vote, vote, vote.

Ethanol is making the rounds around the world. There is no reason for the change and we are taking food off the table for many people around the world. And we are further cutting down vital rain forests to grow corn for Ethanol. How crazy. Corn is to eat and drink and feed farm animals.

No problem on your logs.

I got the USA Today last week in my hotel room in LA and considered starting this thread but never did. My question is this: How about our friends elsewhere like in the EU, Australia, Dubai, Taiwan, etc.... is this happening there too?

Oh and Dave I will get you my logs when I can. I only had a couple days at home and barely drove the car. How about this -- on Tuesday 11/2 I will go vote, go to work locally (for a change), go to Pat's and get some logs and than go home and watch the slaughter on TV. Sounds like a well rounded day to me. :)

GEN XER
October 20th, 2010, 22:54
I know of 3 stations in my town that sell ethanol-free gasoline. It is in Premium form. This is also reffered to as "non-oxygenated" gas. The oxygenate used elsewhere is Ethanol. Other oxygenates include methanol, isopropyl alcohol, and butane. Ethanol is the cheapest to produce compared to the alternatives, and that's why it is used to mix in the gasoline. It also burns the most similarly as gas campared to the others.

In central and northern MN, many station offer ethanol-free gas. On the pump it usually states that it is to be used in collector vehicles, ATV's, snowmobiles, and other small gas engines ONLY, with the "only" literally bold and capitalized on the sticker. This rule/law is not enforced. In this area, there is a high useage of ATV's and snowmobiles. This is the only gas I use in my cars, and there is even an ethanol plant in my town.

Edit: that pure gas link above dosen't have even a quarter the stations that it is available at up here.

The site relies on user input. If you don't see it on the list you can add it.

GEN XER
September 13th, 2011, 01:54
I found a station near me that sales ethanol free gas. I found it after having my Vette's fuel tank drained after the wife got some bad gas. The mech told me that my car needed ethanol free gas, I said I wish I could find a station that sales 100% gasoline, he said go down past the Coast Guard station, the first gas station on the left is good old mogas as we called it in the Army. Im in heaven right now.

DHall1
September 13th, 2011, 02:32
This is just depressing. Why do we subsidize everything? Corn is for eating and drinking. Wheat supply is low because all the damn farmers want to grow is corn because the price is sky high. Why the hell do we even have this crap? Study after study have bunked the entire idea.

GEN XER
September 13th, 2011, 06:54
Why cant we do more than one thing at a time? I am never going to buy a hybrid but I dont care if others do. Why force everyone to comply to one way of doing business? Is this the Borg or something? Make all the E10, E15, E20, and E85 you want, all the flex fuels and hybrid cars you want but sale them next to the stuff I want. Put all those Green fuels together at one station right next to a regular gas station. Like BK and McD. I want V8's and mogas period.