PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling.....

Keyser Soze
October 16th, 2010, 20:20
03 RS6
Black on black
23K miles

Options:
Rear side airbags
Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
On-Star
Sound Enhancing Exhaust

It's all stock (NEVER modded) with a brand new set of Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's, timing belt service done, DRC complete, all in excellent shape. All service records intact and saved including window sticker. At the dealer now for oil service and a minor sunroof glitch (switch being replaced) Remaining 5 years and ~52K miles of a 6/60 Fidelity Platinum plan. I am second owner and has always been garaged...I would imagine this to be one of the lower mileage RS6's still around.

I am I crazy to ask $42K?

Let me have it if I am way off base....

KS

DHall1
October 16th, 2010, 20:32
If the car reflects the 23k miles and in excellent condition....then no, you are right in line.

Mine has 33k with several light mods and the same Fidelity plan. I turned down 40k a couple months back.

There is a highly modded car with 23k for 47,000 on the forum. That would be your main competition. He also had Fidelity but only 2+ years left.

Post some detailed pics.

Keyser Soze
October 16th, 2010, 20:37
DHall1 -

Thanks for the confirmation! As soon as I get it back from the dealer, I'm going to have it buffed and waxed (I normally have it done every 3 months) and I will get some pics up. I really hate to get rid of her, but a new business venture is making me think of putting some $$ in the bank. Cheers.

snoopra
October 16th, 2010, 20:42
KBB is showing $31-33K for ex con. Retail is @ $37 max for ex con. So basically you're asking $36K plus the Fidelity which retails for about $6K now, someone correct me if I'm wrong? It's a fair asking price but in this economy it's gonna be hard to get. I'm just below 29K miles and people are still amazed @ that. Good luck on the sale.

EDIT:)
late post

DHall1
October 16th, 2010, 20:50
Yep, the economy will hurt the sale. KBB is almost worthless with regard to RS6 value. Plug in 10k miles and it adds 2000 to the value of the car.

There is a big difference between a RS6 with 20 and 60k miles

or

An A4 between 20 and 60k miles.

A 5 year Fidelity plan for an RS6 would cost you ~$8,000 dollars right now. Maybe more.

KBB is showing $31-33K for ex con. Retail is @ $37 max for ex con. So basically you're asking $36K plus the Fidelity which retails for about $6K now, someone correct me if I'm wrong? It's a fair asking price but in this economy it's gonna be hard to get. I'm just below 29K miles and people are still amazed @ that. Good luck on the sale.

SAF
October 17th, 2010, 01:27
I wish you luck with the sale, but I'm going to play the wet blanket from the buyer's POV... (or at least my POV ;))

As much as I love my RS6 and am in general an Audi freak, the only 2003 vintage cars I'd pay over $40k for definetly aren't Audis. I might pay that for a 30 year old low milage Audi sport quattro in original excellent condition, but not an RS6. Not the way I've watched their value plumet like a stone. Not today.

That's part of the same reasoning behind holding on to mine until we both die an old worn-out death together. I can't replace the quality and specs for anywhere near the money I'd get out of it.

Keyser Soze
October 17th, 2010, 02:26
Thanks all for the comments.

I'm sure it will probably not sell overnight, but I've got some time...not in a big rush. I agree that the economy will def be a factor in the sale and the number of interested parties I get, but at the same time, most people who bought these cars new were not affected by the economy. They dropped $90K like it was going out of style and I'm sure if they would have made more, they could have sold more. Just as if the C6 RS6 were imported, they would sell those too at $125K a copy. I, for many years, have believed and still believe that the reason that Audi, and specifically the high end Audis, continue to do so well is that the people who are buying them have money and don't hesitate for a moment to spend if they want. I have a hunch that the person who wants this car will most likely be a check writer and will most likely know exactly what they are looking for. I would say it is probably pretty rare that somebody settles for an RS6. They buy one because they know exactly what they want. At least I would like to think all of that is true. My .02c for the taking.

Let the debate continue. :)

ben916
October 17th, 2010, 05:09
I think you hit on something there:
IF Audi brought the C6 RS6 to the states, I believe the C5 would increase in "what people would be willing to pay" for an excellent example (20k miles or even 30k miles).
Notice I DIDN'T write/say VALUE. Why pay $125k for the C6 when you can pay C5 @ $30k-40k? The C5 looks more attractive cost-wise and value-wise.
The keywords are Value, Worth and "what peeps are willing to pay".
I also believe that KBB's value on the C5 is way off base.
How can the C5 RS6 be worth more PARTED out than in one piece???