PDA

View Full Version : Mod guru question

speedtrapped
October 16th, 2010, 18:31
So I am looking at euro charged modded cats, but my Audi mechanic tells me that if I flash, and add that, cats, I will need to beef up internals of my tranny- too much torque, I guess the hi flow cats produce add torque, is this true? Not ready to drop 7k on molding tranny.

DHall1
October 16th, 2010, 19:59
Get the reflash of the ECU and send your TCU to Hoppen for the TCU chip.

Consider that good enough for now and just drive the car. You will literally $hit your pants with just those two mods and never worry about the cats. Trust me.

speedtrapped
October 16th, 2010, 21:56
Lol, ordering some new under wear for next week

skribe
October 16th, 2010, 23:33
What Dave said. A tune really wakes it up. The car I mean ;-)

Next would be gutting downpipes, ("piggy pipes") that would be more impactful than performance cats.

(unless that's what you meant by "modded cats" in the first place)

Trebor
October 17th, 2010, 09:18
Hi Speedtrapped

Not sure about the need for the gear box additions, but for sure we are approaching practical limits, however, was talking with MTM on this subject for the C6, ref their latest offering, this is what they had to say

" Ah yes, I remember, So for the 742hp upgrade we need to change the catalysts and the software (ECU). We have a TÜV-paper for the 742hp kit, but the catalysts are not mentioned there… The catalysts we use are from Motorsport. But we are testing now EG confirmed catalysts. If this is working, it´s no problem, 742hp and 840Nm"

The previous edition was at 731hp & 785Nm so the new release its 742hp and 840Nm achieved with cats & tune :applause: MTM